Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antivaxxers happy to see children die
I wonder why I can no longer give ratings. Maybe I broke the button...
(17-12-2021, 09:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wonder why I can no longer give ratings. Maybe I broke the button...
Did you get this sorted?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(17-12-2021, 01:43 PM)king1 Wrote:
(17-12-2021, 09:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wonder why I can no longer give ratings. Maybe I broke the button...
Did you get this sorted?
I figured it out. There is a background clock that runs to US? time. Therefore the site's idea of a day is different to ours. I need to remember that for early morning pats and smacks!  Big Grin
(16-12-2021, 05:52 PM)an amniote Wrote: As a group, kids seem to experience covid better than adults do. Not to say that it's not lethal for some but AIUI they're more likely to have either no or the mildest of symptoms. The real, serious risk is of them bringing it home to their families and of infecting the immunity-compromised.

Fortunately Medsafe has just approved the Pfizer vaccine for children over 5.
I'm hoping it won't be too long before there's a safe, effective one for under 5's.

I don't think this is a case of anti vaxers being happy to see children die from the virus at all, more that they see it as a harmful, bad thing rather than understanding that its the best weapon against covid & the more who are vaccinated, the higher chances are that children won't catch it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It seems we have lost a young child to this virus. The sooner we vaccinate the better.
I rest my case.
just the first of what will be double figures by january
triple by march.

now we know, the kids are vulnerable. is that enough proof for any of you?

every child that dies from now on is down to us. we will allow it to happen.
later on when history demands we will look for scapegoats but hindsight is 20/20
how many corpses will we bury until we do something?
the anti vaxxers might not be happy ha ha, but theyre happy to let it go on, this hasnt affected any of them.
they dont care, or they would get vaccinated.

i suppose we could just wring our hands before sitting back down on them and have an enquiry into it in 2023.

hopefully admin wont take this down
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(17-12-2021, 02:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(16-12-2021, 05:52 PM)an amniote Wrote: As a group, kids seem to experience covid better than adults do. Not to say that it's not lethal for some but AIUI they're more likely to have either no or the mildest of symptoms. The real, serious risk is of them bringing it home to their families and of infecting the immunity-compromised.

Fortunately Medsafe has just approved the Pfizer vaccine for children over 5.
I'm hoping it won't be too long before there's a safe, effective one for under 5's.

I don't think this is a case of anti vaxers being happy to see children die from the virus at all, more that they see it as a harmful, bad thing rather than understanding that its the best weapon against covid & the more who are vaccinated, the higher chances are that children won't catch it.
no one in their right mind, vaxxed or otherwise, would actually be happy to see children die.  Pretty sure antivaxxers want survival above all else, as much as anyone - it's just that their method of achieving that end seems completely bonkers...

I do have a mind to change this threads title as it's just as inflammatory as anything an antivaxxer could come up with, open to suggestions... or we could just delete the thread

(17-12-2021, 05:46 PM)Magoo Wrote: I rest my case.
triple by march.

later on when history demands we will look for scapegoats but hindsight is 20/20
the anti vaxxers might not be happy ha ha, but theyre happy to let it go on, this hasnt affected any of them.

i suppose we could just wring our hands before sitting back down on them and have an enquiry into it in 2023.

AFAIK, no one doubted that kids are vulnerable, not even anti vaxxers. And I really disagree that they'd be happy about this. The news is that there's a vaccine suitable for children over 5 now, & if research & work continues then eventually there may also be one suitable for younger children, so we are already doing something to fight the virus.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It is about right minds though isn't it? And as well adjusted, fully recovered, and only slightly insane as I am today - lockdowns, covid et al has been really stressful for many of us, I can only guess at how it might affect those among us with less resilience. Bonkers might be the right word.

I think the title is fine, inflammatory indeed, contentious - to use a TM catch all excuse to poof - even, but the thread is a good debate nevertheless, even with the judicious bit of editing, lol. Magoo isn't stupid, he knows he walks a fine line when he leaps up on that wobbly soapbox and lets fly with his creative language expertise. The rest of us can chuck salt on his tail feathers and bully him off the damn thing as required, just as we can for any one who pushes the limits to breaking point. Including me. It was a while back, but I have had a post removed on here. She sez disingenuously. Not that I'm holding any grudges you understand. No need - seeing it's all in my Little Black Book...

His haiku though, we have to keep those. Albeit at the cost of the occasional smack upside his excessively big head...

triple by march.

I predicted months back, on Health & Beauty that we would be vaccinating - and should be vaccinating our kids. There was an uproar from the peanut gallery and the thread ran for quite a few pages. Got quite rowdy for a while, especially from the usual suspects who remain Not Here I sincerely hope.

I love it when I'm proved right.  Big Grin
triple by march.

you're preaching to the converted Magoo

It is very sad a child has died however we do not know at this stage whether the child died due to the virus.

"It is not yet clear whether the death was caused by Covid-19 or something else.

According to the Ministry of Health’s definition, a Covid death includes all cases that died who were classified as an active case of Covid-19 at the time of death. In some of these cases, the underlying cause of death may have been unrelated to Covid-19."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3004811...ase-to-die
Dying with covid, or dying of covid certainly merits investigation. But either way I'd rather no one had to endure the virus.

Hence the emphasis on vaccination. To prevent and protect...
They didn't even know he had Covid until after he'd died, so his death was clearly a result of other causes. Parading his death around in the media as a "Covid death" is grossly dishonest and manipulative.
(18-12-2021, 03:31 PM)dken31 Wrote: They didn't even know he had Covid until after he'd died, so his death was clearly a result of other causes.  Parading his death around in the media as a "Covid death" is grossly dishonest and manipulative.
That makes no sense whatsoever - he died, then they discovered he had covid, where is the conspiracy?

People die. To die with covid is a symptom of the pandemic. We need to monitor spread, and no one can tell me that covid does not exacerbate pre existing conditions. If this child had rheumatic fever, covid might well be the final straw.

We need to count all covid cases, and not excuse the virus because it comes along with other conditions.
anyone tell me why some would not want it reported as a covid case?

(18-12-2021, 05:09 PM)king1 Wrote: anyone tell me why some would not want it reported as a covid case?

Oh it's 100% a covid case. I don't think anyone is denying that. However we don't know yet whether it's a covid death. I think that is the point being made.
People die because their heart stops. But not every death is down to that. The comorbidities that exist are important. That is why we need to count deaths with AND by covid.
perhaps if you knew where i speak from.
i spent 20 years in America. my wife is American. My daughter uses dual passports.
i have lost three family members and two very close friends to Covid.
one of the friends i lost survived two tours in Vietnam, only to be caught by Covid.
the other friend was a rabid anti vaxxer.
'his Christmas message last year on his Facebook page said 'congratulations to my friends and family who got thru 2020 with their DNA intact'. He died in july on my birthday.
my sister in law. director of Human resources for Gap caught Covid very early on (New York) and beat it. but not the second time, Delta. (yes, with co-morbitities thyroid)

i have been permanently banned from Facebook 7 times. i cannot post on several other platforms. this doesnt mean i give up. i go back time and time again. i spend a small fortune on proxy addresses and vpn's.
we should be concerned about these people and the dangers they pose.
they should be equally concerned about me and people like me.
i have been ejected from over 30 antivax sites.
i have had death threats and stalkers.
i dont give a shit. not one soupcon of merde do i give. i will insult you, your lineage, your intelligence and your motives.
there is no language too strong and no sentiment too crass.
these are rules as laid out by the antivaxxers, not me, i just play by them.

so we can split hairs and make excuses for the first death. what about the next 20?
will we be nit picking their cause of death or what it was that killed them as they die around us?
this is a common tactic by the wankers, they focus on minutia to obfuscate the core of the argument. what about this guy? what about this report/tweet/youtube? layers of disinformation very cleverly worded and designed to take your eye off the ball and focus on trifling red herrings and not the bigger picture.

one of the worst places i have seen, which is quite a feat, is our own NZIssues. the misanthropy, hatred of the mainstream, antisocial memes and propaganda. its as extreme as ive seen anywhere. they are all gathered in that echo chamber discussing what a bunch of arseholes we are and how to dodge vaccine and mask mandates
i am a member of a Reddit Sub that quite often take the piss out of them, (i post screenshots lol) many cannot fathom how this group of NZers got so radicalized, it is a source of much head shaking and mirth. and very very sad at the same time.

this pandemic has been hard. hard on everyone.
yet there are those who wish to make it harder still. they march, they intimidate and they attack.
they want to drag this out. use it as leverage to advance their whacky conspiracy theories. whatever the motivation it is both sinister and pervasive. they wish to compromise our health, our health system and our trust in that system. they are anti government and anti society.

they do this to make a point.
to keep score. to prove their superiority over the rest of us. they think they are the chosen, the only ones who know the truth.

i will not tolerate it.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Good post, Magoo - I agree with almost all of it! My son's view of antivaxers is similar to yours...he reckon's he's waiting for them to start dying, as covid catches up with them.
I do have other cameras!