Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have kids changed, or has society changed?
And you are saying they DO  !!! ?
(07-01-2022, 11:34 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Graffiti is no longer a kids game...
One of the best things to come out of the quakes here is the brilliant graffiti art around the city. Smile
Far more interesting than most of the blandly grey buildings which have gone up.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I used to like graffiti when it had something to say...it was a form of protest, not about damaging property. I'd love to see kids out there doing graffiti in dangerous places, and giving me something to read and smile about.
Some interesting work, adding much needed colour.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christ...researcher

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-22/s...ke/8291338
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(07-01-2022, 12:34 PM)Zurdo Wrote: And you are saying they DO  !!! ?

Surely.
Do a burn out in Mainstreet...and then do a runner...do some real dangerous shit as well. Make sure it's a stolen car. I don't think you'll have any problems.
Graffiti art, Oz & NZ
https://www.streetart.co.nz/

CHCH art
https://www.christchurchnz.com/explore/a...n-the-city

Banksy
https://www.streetartbio.com/artists/banksy/
(07-01-2022, 03:56 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Do a burn out in Mainstreet...and then do a runner...do some real dangerous shit as well. Make sure it's a stolen car. I don't think you'll have any problems.

I very much doubt that.
They won't do a chase anymore, the kids know that. They don't touch them at burnout meetings either, and when the public take it into their own hands to deal with it...it's them that get into trouble, not our dear little trouble makers.
Yip I got my car sounds stolen, thousands worth. Went to the police with serial numbers and other particulars, they asked me if I was insured, I said no, I seised to exist to them from that point on. I kept at them and I even left my car alone for weeks thinking they will investigate and take prints LOL what a joke, how could I possibly think they would do that. They are not there for some of us. I otally lost faith in them after that.

So it appears the police do not/will not help or investigate every case.
(07-01-2022, 09:59 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: Yip I got my car sounds stolen, thousands worth. Went to the police with serial numbers and other particulars, they asked me if I was insured, I said no, I seised to exist to them from that point on. I kept at them and I even left my car alone for weeks thinking they will investigate and take prints LOL what a joke, how could I possibly think they would do that. They are not there for some of us. I otally lost faith in them after that.

Probably did you a favor... Noise induced hearing loss is no joke. If you want to continue enjoying music, don't listen to it too loud.
I had my trailer stolen over the first 2020 lockdown. The cops have seen it, they know who has it. It's not really their fault, it's the dickheads who make these rules where we have to protect the criminals.
(07-01-2022, 09:59 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: Yip I got my car sounds stolen, thousands worth. Went to the police with serial numbers and other particulars, they asked me if I was insured, I said no, I seised to exist to them from that point on. I kept at them and I even left my car alone for weeks thinking they will investigate and take prints LOL what a joke, how could I possibly think they would do that. They are not there for some of us. I otally lost faith in them after that.

Same thing happened to my son, some years ago. He'd worked all summer holidays when at uni for it. I felt so sorry for him.
He had a car alarm but it didn't help. It was parked in our driveway - we heard the alarm go off and all woke up and went out to investigate but couldn't see anything wrong.

We think the a*seholes had disconnected the battery then hidden around the corner until we'd gone back to sleep, then stolen everything.
Neighbours weren't any help either - they all said they hadn't heard anything!!
We think it was someone he knew but couldn't prove it.
(08-01-2022, 11:18 AM)TygerTung Wrote:

Probably did you a favor... Noise induced hearing loss is no joke. If you want to continue enjoying music, don't listen to it too loud.
It wasn't a bass booming system which I think you are referring to, I set it up so it played beautiful crystal clear music at a moderate volume. It could actually be played at full volume all day if you wanted to. Boyracers and those types purposely have their systems set up to produce very loud bass playing bassy type music which is the ear drum wrecking stuff. The sound from a moderately priced sound system set up properly does not wreck ears. Hard to explain it but once you hear music from a high end system its actually quite comfortable to the ears at volume.
It doesn't matter how high quality the system is, it is the spl which does the damage. I'm a musician and part time audio engineer so I know about these sort of things.
(08-01-2022, 07:42 PM)TygerTung Wrote: It doesn't matter how high quality the system is, it is the spl which does the damage. I'm a musician and part time audio engineer so I know about these sort of things.
Be careful tygertung you are really starting to sound like the government. What business is it of yours if I damage my ears or not? They are my ears I will do with them what I please. If I want to listen to a bit of 'loud' music then that is my prerogative, my ears. Really for you to assume I damage my ears just because I bought 'thousands of dollars' worth of sound gear is not on. Yes I have probably damaged my ears listening to loud music, so sue me. Big Grin
(08-01-2022, 09:35 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote:
(08-01-2022, 07:42 PM)TygerTung Wrote: It doesn't matter how high quality the system is, it is the spl which does the damage. I'm a musician and part time audio engineer so I know about these sort of things.
Be careful tygertung you are really starting to sound like the government. What business is it of yours if I damage my ears or not? They are my ears I will do with them what I please. If I want to listen to a bit of 'loud' music then that is my prerogative, my ears. Really for you to assume I damage my ears just because I bought 'thousands of dollars' worth of sound gear is not on. Yes I have probably damaged my ears listening to loud music, so sue me. Big Grin

Better for you. I can give advice if I want to. You can choose to accept it if you want to.
Our Police are seriously under resourced to do a job that is increasingly complex and dangerous. In order to do the best they can their focus is on people rather than property. So, when we need their help to stay safe they will be there, but part of that certainty is accepting that crimes that involve property are getting a lot less attention.

If we expect our cops to look after the mentally ill, the drunks, the non compliant, the violent abusers and the trouble makers, then hunting down the ratbags who nick our stuff just has to be a low priority.

(08-01-2022, 09:35 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote:
Trouble with loud is it affects those around us too.
Like being unvaccinated, the consequences of our prerogatives are often shared among those who made other choices.
(08-01-2022, 04:48 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I had my trailer stolen over the first 2020 lockdown. The cops have seen it, they know who has it. It's not really their fault, it's the dickheads who make these rules where we have to protect the criminals.
youve not sent some muscle over to reclaim the asset and crack a few heads? Fart oo nice.
this is why they are never dealt with. you cannot win unless you make it happen.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(09-01-2022, 06:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Our Police are seriously under resourced to do a job that is increasingly complex and dangerous. In order to do the best they can their focus is on people rather than property. So, when we need their help to stay safe they will be there, but part of that certainty is accepting that crimes that involve property are getting a lot less attention.

If we expect our cops to look after the mentally ill, the drunks, the non compliant, the violent abusers and the trouble makers, then hunting down the ratbags who nick our stuff just has to be a low priority.

(08-01-2022, 09:35 PM)gr8dadof2 Wrote: Be careful tygertung you are really starting to sound like the government. What business is it of yours if I damage my ears or not? They are my ears I will do with them what I please. If I want to listen to a bit of 'loud' music then that is my prerogative, my ears. Really for you to assume I damage my ears just because I bought 'thousands of dollars' worth of sound gear is not on. Yes I have probably damaged my ears listening to loud music, so sue me. Big Grin
Trouble with loud is it affects those around us too.
Like being unvaccinated, the consequences of our prerogatives are often shared among those who made other choices.
We do things every day that affects others around us. Should we stop doing them also? I quite like hearing a decent rock/heavy metal song on a decent sound system. I like listening to loud music cruising so I doubt it affects others apart from myself. I tended to turn it down when in town or around other people. I don't have a decent car system now but have a decent home system. The neighbours love hearing our music and choice of music, just good wholesome sound for the soul.