Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong
I think it's showing that humans are all not idiots....and cats don't take sides.
we see a cat, he see's a pair of gloves and a boil up. happy days.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(26-02-2022, 04:54 AM)Magoo Wrote: we see a cat, he see's a pair of gloves and a boil up. happy days.
Lollol   Bigsmile
Putin is a mad man 
Russia warned Finland and Sweden of "military consequences" if they joined Nato, amid growing support for the move in the Nordic nations.

He really wants a big war by the looks of things, I wonder how far he will go into Europe?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Good point Oldfellah re how far will he go into Europe ?

If Putin starts taking over other countries in Europe dare say it they
need to start bombing the shit out of Moscow. Mistake of letting a
madman gain traction will not be the first time.
The only thing with Putin being a madman will he go so far as to use Nukes?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Yes that is the worry but nothing stopping him doing it at any stage.

No doubt we will give support and then we could be potential targets for
him to unload nukes with his navy. Probably never happen but never say
never.
So proud of ukraine and their leader.
They are showing Putin who's boss.
Some of the Russians who protested were arrested for it; hope they'll be OK.

Ukraine isn't inclined to just give up & let Putin walk all over them, & I'm not sure he really expected that - not to such an extent, anyway. Some have been trying to stop tanks.

https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news...4d86815fb5

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/f...video-clip
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
A lot of chatter about Putin's state of health and its potential infuencing factors on his actions in the conflict. His 'puffy' facial appearance of late and his paranoia towards contracting COVID raise suspicions of cancer or other serious health issues, and if he has fears regarding his mortality is he potentially at risk of planning to 'go out with a bang' as his parting shot on humanity? Nothing to lose isn't a great mindset for a mentally unstable autocrat.
He's said to be ex KGB so is likely to be ruthless. It would be best perhaps if he was to have a very public & definitely fatal, heart attack.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-02-2022, 06:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: He's said to be ex KGB so is likely to be ruthless. It would be best perhaps if he was to have a very public & definitely fatal, heart attack.
I'm sure there's operatives skilled enough to make that happen but unfortunately most will already be in Putin's employ.
(27-02-2022, 06:13 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 06:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: He's said to be ex KGB so is likely to be ruthless. It would be best perhaps if he was to have a very public & definitely fatal, heart attack.
I'm sure there's operatives skilled enough to make that happen but unfortunately most will already be in Putin's employ.
Yep - that's the problem. Unless some of them have an aversion to what he's doing.
Something occurred to me in the small hours. We are all very exercised about Putin and the Ukraine, but we don't seem nearly as interested in the continuing slaughter and mayhem that goes on every day in several African nations.

(27-02-2022, 06:04 PM)harm_less Wrote: A lot of chatter about Putin's state of health and its potential infuencing factors on his actions in the conflict. His 'puffy' facial appearance of late and his paranoia towards contracting COVID raise suspicions of cancer or other serious health issues, and if he has fears regarding his mortality is he potentially at risk of planning to 'go out with a bang' as his parting shot on humanity? Nothing to lose isn't a great mindset for a mentally unstable autocrat.
Russia has some serious medical experimentation going on with stem cell research and the like. When I noticed his face I wondered if he is getting help with anti aging support.
(28-02-2022, 08:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Something occurred to me in the small hours. We are all very exercised about Putin and the Ukraine, but we don't seem nearly as interested in the continuing slaughter and mayhem that goes on every day in several African nations.

(27-02-2022, 06:04 PM)harm_less Wrote: A lot of chatter about Putin's state of health and its potential infuencing factors on his actions in the conflict. His 'puffy' facial appearance of late and his paranoia towards contracting COVID raise suspicions of cancer or other serious health issues, and if he has fears regarding his mortality is he potentially at risk of planning to 'go out with a bang' as his parting shot on humanity? Nothing to lose isn't a great mindset for a mentally unstable autocrat.
Russia has some serious medical experimentation going on with stem cell research and the like. When I noticed his face I wondered if he is getting help with anti aging support.
Re Africa vs Ukraine, follow the money. Ukraine has been referred to as the 'food bowl' of Eastern Europe and is a crucial transit route for Russian oil exports. I flew over the Ukraine on the way to the UK a few years back and the broad acre cropping is breathtaking, even from 38,000 foot.

Stem cell 'fountain of youth' treatment? Putin certainly has a the vanity to make that a possibility.
The Russians are way ahead of us in stem cell work. They have managed to stop several degenerative disease symptoms in their tracks for people all over the world.

Who can afford to go there.
(28-02-2022, 08:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Something occurred to me in the small hours. We are all very exercised about Putin and the Ukraine, but we don't seem nearly as interested in the continuing slaughter and mayhem that goes on every day in several African nations.

True, that - but then the problems of Africa aren't all over the news very often.

I wouldn't be surprised if Putin hasn't had a face lift at some point; I looked it up & he's 69 but really doesn't look it.

Now that he's put 'Nuclear forces' on high alert, you have to wonder about possible dementia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60547473
i would have thought that during a state of war every aspect of your military is on high alert.
why it had to be announced is a bit weird, goes without saying.

oh, those russians
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Some Russian politicians are against the invasion of Ukraine, as are various others. Its clearly not something which many Russians want.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...e-invasion

Mikhail Matveyev, a member of the State Duma, called on the Kremlin on Saturday to stop the invasion.

“By voting to recognise the independence of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, I voted for peace, not a war. For Russia to become a shield for the Donbas, not for bombing Kyiv,” he said.
Another MP, Communist Oleg Smolin, said on Friday he was “shocked” by the invasion and was sorry for the loss of life.

Their statements came amid a myriad of anti-war petitions from Russian teachers, scientists and doctors."
He's a war criminal now, I dont think this can last much longer.