• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Luxon
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/an-ode-for-baron-luxon
lol, that was very good

probly should add that i dont feel that passionately about anything political,
they can all piss up a rope far as im concerned

i just like a good argument.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(27-03-2022, 06:46 AM)Magoo Wrote: the piece was posted so we could discuss it.
is that not what we are doing?
im being censored and told i have a bee in my bonnet because its making someone uncomfortable.
i think that speaks more to political bias than anything ive written.

if the same thing was said about ms ardern, my reaction would be just the same.
for you its about politics, to me its about decency.
im sorry. i just call it how i see it.
You were censored for posting derogatory comments in breach of the rules, nothing more...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
i was using them as examples, nothing more.
Once again - had Luxon been clear about exactly who he was referring to, that would have avoided confusion. And perhaps also, the article being written. Or not.

It's clearly not the best idea for any politician to demean any group of people without defining who is meant.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(27-03-2022, 10:36 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Once again - had Luxon been clear about exactly who he was referring to, that would have avoided confusion. And perhaps also, the article being written. Or not.

It's clearly not the best idea for any politician to demean any group of people without defining who is meant.
Still waiting for you to tell us who you would think are bottom feeders. It is obvious who the author of this story believes they are.
(27-03-2022, 12:30 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(27-03-2022, 10:36 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Once again - had Luxon been clear about exactly who he was referring to, that would have avoided confusion. And perhaps also, the article being written. Or not.

Still waiting for you to tell us who you would think are bottom feeders. It is obvious who the author of this story believes they are.
I love the way how you make it anyone and everyone else's fault, while completely ignoring the actions of the only individual responsible for the comments...

im not all that far from the bottom
#47 Its a very common tactic over the way, as is targeting other posters.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
i dont know, nor have ever met anyone who considers supermarket employees and dental assistants to be bottom feeders.

except mr campbell

(27-03-2022, 12:30 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

why so combative? its a discussion. there isnt going o be a winner or a loser.
be nice if we all took something positive away from it, which is what happens when you hear and absorb someone elses viewpoint.
if we all thought the same is how a message board becomes an echo chamber.
I'm not sure where dental assistants came from, Gordon Campbell doesn't refer to them in his article... he does refer to supermarket stock fillers and checkout chicks...

(27-03-2022, 12:56 PM)king1 Wrote:
(27-03-2022, 12:30 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Still waiting for you to tell us who you would think are bottom feeders. It is obvious who the author of this story believes they are.
I love the way how you make it anyone and everyone else's fault, while completely ignoring the actions of the only individual responsible for the comments...
Yes  the author of the article..

(27-03-2022, 02:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: #47 Its a very common tactic over the way, as is targeting other posters.
I thought it was a simple question.  Mr Campbell heard the term and listed who he obviously thinks are bottom feeders.   So when you hear the term who do you think of?

(27-03-2022, 03:02 PM)Magoo Wrote: i dont know, nor have ever met anyone who considers supermarket employees and dental assistants to be bottom feeders.

except mr campbell

(27-03-2022, 12:30 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Still waiting for you to tell us who you would think are bottom feeders. It is obvious who the author of this story believes they are.
be nice if we all took something positive away from it, which is what happens when you hear and absorb someone elses viewpoint.
Ummmmm pot kettle?
(27-03-2022, 03:28 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(27-03-2022, 12:56 PM)king1 Wrote: I love the way how you make it anyone and everyone else's fault, while completely ignoring the actions of the only individual responsible for the comments...
lol, give it time, the pain goes away after awhile...

(27-03-2022, 02:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: #47 Its a very common tactic over the way, as is targeting other posters.
I thought it was a simple question.  Mr Campbell heard the term and listed who he obviously thinks are bottom feeders.   So when you hear the term who do you think of?

all your doing is trying to deflect the conversation away from the real issue ( Mr Luxon comment about bottom feeders for clarity - since you seem to conveniently misinterpret everything someone says). 

Who you or I or Lilith conjure up when thinking of bottom feeders is completely irrelevant.  What matters is the perception that individuals have of the comments and they are entirely personal to the individual. 

I would hazard your only motivation of this questioning to Lilith is to deflect/attack/discredit.  Rather than holding Mr Luxon accountable for his actions...

(27-03-2022, 12:56 PM)king1 Wrote: I love the way how you make it anyone and everyone else's fault, while completely ignoring the actions of the only individual responsible for the comments...

(27-03-2022, 03:02 PM)Magoo Wrote: i dont know, nor have ever met anyone who considers supermarket employees and dental assistants to be bottom feeders.

except mr campbell

Ummmmm pot kettle?
im happy to attack you just for sport if you like. if its combat you want im always up for a stoush.
bringen auf das kampf i always say.

Quote:king1
I would hazard you're only motivation of this questioning to Lilith is to deflect/attack/discredit.  Rather than holding Mr Luxon accountable for his actions...
this was a holding mr luxon to account thread?

oh dear, what did he do?
(27-03-2022, 03:48 PM)king1 Wrote:
(27-03-2022, 03:28 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I thought it was a simple question.  Mr Campbell heard the term and listed who he obviously thinks are bottom feeders.   So when you hear the term who do you think of?

all your doing is trying to deflect the conversation away from the real issue ( Mr Luxon comment about bottom feeders for clarity - since you seem to conveniently misinterpret everything someone says). 

Who you or I or Lilith conjure up when thinking of bottom feeders is completely irrelevant.  What matters is the perception that individuals have of the comments and they are entirely personal to the individual. 

I would hazard you're only motivation of this questioning to Lilith is to deflect/attack/discredit.  Rather than holding Mr Luxon accountable for his actions...
I was genuinely curious but if she is incapable of answering and needs you to defend her....

Luxon made the comment - however Mr Campbell made the leap.  You can spin that all you like but this thread isn't about holding Luxon to account it was trying to tie Mr Cambells comment to Luxon.
(27-03-2022, 07:29 AM)Olive Wrote: https://www.newsroom.co.nz/an-ode-for-baron-luxon
 I love it - very clever.
(27-03-2022, 04:59 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(27-03-2022, 03:48 PM)king1 Wrote: all your doing is trying to deflect the conversation away from the real issue ( Mr Luxon comment about bottom feeders for clarity - since you seem to conveniently misinterpret everything someone says). 

I was genuinely curious but if she is incapable of answering and needs you to defend her....

Luxon made the comment - however Mr Campbell made the leap.  You can spin that all you like but this thread isn't about holding Luxon to account it was trying to tie Mr Cambells comment to Luxon.
The thread is about whatever the posters want to talk about, more so the OP - not what you would like it to be, or not be...

Are you incapable of  having any kind of discussion without insulting people?

perhaps a little haiku for perspective

luxon besmirched
ridden like carnival pony
sent to bed hungry
(27-03-2022, 05:23 PM)king1 Wrote:
(27-03-2022, 04:59 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I was genuinely curious but if she is incapable of answering and needs you to defend her....

The thread is about whatever the posters want to talk about, more so the OP - not what you would like it to be, or not be...

Are you incapable of  having any kind of discussion without insulting people?
Really - yet you attempt to steer Magoo from his line of thought - interesting.

And if you are offended feel free to ignore me.  Lilith is a big girl- pretty sure she doesn't need your assistance.