Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Covid in Shanghai
Things seem really bad there just now, food shortages mean that people there are close to desperation.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/30056...om-windows

"For weeks, China's most populous city, Shanghai, has been under strict lockdown orders in an effort to control a coronavirus outbreak.

Its 25 million residents have been trapped at home, struggling to feed themselves or get medical help for sick family members. Others have been corralled into makeshift quarantine centres and temporary hospitals, unsure when they will be allowed to leave."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
China is very good at lots of things, primarily because it can focus efforts upon targets. But this target, zero covid, is perhaps the toughest since their zero population growth one.
There were reports overseas of New Zealand being like that.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(16-04-2022, 11:46 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: China is very good at lots of things, primarily because it can focus efforts upon targets. But this target, zero covid, is perhaps the toughest since their zero population growth one.
And that wasn't without some dire consequences for some Chinese families; forced late abortions being perhaps the worst of it.
Their govt is ruthless apparently. Dodgy

(16-04-2022, 12:34 PM)Zurdo Wrote: There were reports overseas of New Zealand being like that.
 Hope no one was daft enough to believe it!
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(16-04-2022, 02:46 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(16-04-2022, 12:34 PM)Zurdo Wrote: There were reports overseas of New Zealand being like that.
 Hope no one was daft enough to believe it!
I know one person who believes that in NZ Covid cases are put into military detention camps.  He used to be a good friend, lived in NZ for many years before moving to UK.  He has fallen right down the CT rabbit hole, he circulates the most ridiculous nonsense about NZ, and worst of all he gets believed by his CT mates because he lived here once.
Good. Maybe it'll keep them from visiting.
(16-04-2022, 04:32 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Good. Maybe it'll keep them from visiting.
Every cloud has a silver lining...anyone happen to know someone in America of a similar - I was going to say mind but perhaps turn is a better word - who might spread the word in a similar way there?? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Angel
early days of covid in china were reports of doors being welded shut to prevent spread.

wouldnt work here, all our doors are wood
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(17-04-2022, 08:41 AM)Magoo Wrote: early days of covid in china were reports of doors being welded shut to prevent spread.

wouldnt work here, all our doors are wood
The lockdown in Wuhan back in the early days of COVID in 2020 included bulldozing breaks in the roads out of the city. That would be pretty effective to keep people there, and definitely more so than the road blocks for travel out of Auckland a few months back. The CCP can implement some pretty draconian measures and there's no shortage of documentaries available to describe their intentions in doing so.

Personally I don't believe China is capable of successfully implementing a zero COVID policy and their leaders must be aware of the impossibility of trying to do so, so what is the real reason for the current Shanghai lockdown measures? Our supplier in China is advising us that conditions are pretty tough there presently so not just a Western media beat-up. We have an order due for completion in nearby Suzhou but getting onto a ship in Shanghai is not going to be possible until lockdown is lifted.