Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mariupol surrounded
Russian troops have surrounded Mariupol & despite knowing that civilians are still there continue to drop bombs. Hideous situation for those poor people stuck there.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...upol-plant
The commander of Ukrainian forces' last stronghold in the southern port city of Mariupol, surrounded by Russians and subjected to a constant barrage of fire, said Tuesday (NZT wednesday) that his soldiers will not surrender.

In his most extensive comments to Western media, Major Serhiy Volyna of the 36th Separate Marine Brigade, whose forces have been holding out in the Azovstal Iron and Steel Works against a Russian force that vastly outnumbers them, told The Washington Post that his soldiers would continue "to conduct combat operations and to complete our military tasks as long as we receive them."

Speaking over a crackling connection made possible by satellite, he said his forces would not repeat the mistake made by others of trusting Russian guarantees of safe passage, only to see the Russians break their word and open fire.

"No one believes the Russians," he said.

Volyna made an impassioned plea to world leaders, especially US President Biden, to conduct an "extraction" in which a third country would assure the security of troops and civilians leaving Mariupol."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
mess mess mess
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
We can put ancient actors in space, but we can't take out a despot who has quite obviously lost his mind...

That's progress?
I just watched a 3 episode documentary on Stalin. Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky, human life meant nothing to them. Putin is in the same cast. The Russian people, and all counties they took over have suffered so much, they need a leader who can care for them.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(20-04-2022, 06:23 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I just watched a 3 episode documentary on Stalin. Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky, human life meant nothing to them. Putin is in the same cast. The Russian people, and all counties they took over have suffered so much, they need a leader who can care for them.
I think you're probably right, Putin certainly seems not to care & that's probably 'normal' for ex KGB like him. If the news is right, there are country people in Russia who still respect him & think that Ukrainians are nazis or satanists.

A really good leader could make a world of difference to their country; probably never happen though, or at least not soon.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
those still in mariupol are sentenced to death.
its a perverse world we live in.

(20-04-2022, 06:23 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I just watched a 3 episode documentary on Stalin. Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky, human life meant nothing to them. Putin is in the same cast. The Russian people, and all counties they took over have suffered so much, they need a leader who can care for them.
whatever happened to leon trotsky?
he got an ice pick, that made his ears burn.

(20-04-2022, 05:47 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We can put ancient actors in space, but we can't take out a despot who has quite obviously lost his mind...

That's progress?

Nooooooooo that wasn't an ancient actor, that was Captain James T. Kirk. of the Starship Enterprise
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
when it comes to space its not age its mileage
no-one on this planet has more experience than capt james tiberious kirk
of the starship enterprise.
So...do you two also believe in the easter bunny, then??! Bwahaha!
(21-04-2022, 11:46 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: So...do you two also believe in the easter bunny, then??! Bwahaha!
For gods sake women!!! Where else do you get chocolate eggs from if it wasn't for the Easter Bunny ... Jeez  Mmm Mmm
Bunnies do not lay eggs. Especially foil wrapped ones.
(21-04-2022, 01:24 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Bunnies do not lay eggs. Especially foil wrapped ones.
"its life, Jim. But not as we know it." Big Grin Big Grin
My guess is that that evil weasel Putin might well use tactical nukes to finish the resistance in the steel factory. After all he's given them every opportunity to leave..and they've ignored his very generous deadlines. And as for the women and children there.. they were planted after the event buy UK operatives no?
My guess is that fucken asshole Putin will kill everyone there whether they surrender or not, which ever way the poor sods are dead.
(21-04-2022, 05:13 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: My guess is that fucken asshole Putin will kill everyone there whether they surrender or not, which ever way the poor sods are dead.
Yep, sadly that does seem likely - I wish one of Putin's henchmen would just remove him from office & lock him up, to stand trial for war crimes.
The sooner someone sticks a gun to Putins head the better, I still think Ukraine has a good chance of winning this war, but the death toll is going to be huge sadly to both sides.
(26-04-2022, 01:25 PM)nzoomed Wrote: The sooner someone sticks a gun to Putins head the better, I still think Ukraine has a good chance of winning this war, but the death toll is going to be huge sadly to both sides.

It may have to come to that, but simply removing him from office & locking him up would be as effective in the short term.
Nope Lilith that will be the easy way out, he is a murderer and a war criminal, shoot the bastard.
(26-04-2022, 02:52 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Nope Lilith that will be the easy way out, he is a murderer and a war criminal, shoot the bastard.
Preferably with a trial first. But then, its Russia so who knows.
Why a trial? He didnt give the other poor people he killed a trial first.