Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
how to insert an image?
I am trying to insert an image in my post, when I click the 'insert an image' icon, a drop down window appears but there is no option for me to select the image file from my PC

Please help.
(27-12-2022, 04:45 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: I am trying to insert an image in my post, when I click the 'insert an image' icon, a drop down window appears but there is no option for me to select the image file from my PC

Please help.

use the attachment option from the new reply or full edit options for that (attachments are not available at quick edit or quick reply) which you can then add to the post.  The insert image is only for online images via a URL
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Test image insertion:

Nope unable to find any way of adding an attachment. Huh

Can't find any way or any mention of Attachment in Full Edit or using New Reply.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(27-12-2022, 05:32 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Test image insertion:

Can't find any way or any mention of Attachment in Full Edit or using New Reply.

(27-12-2022, 05:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 05:32 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Test image insertion:

I just used Reply for that one...
Yes I know it can be done but I don't see how as I can't find any mention of adding an attachment, where is it?
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(27-12-2022, 05:21 PM)king1 Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 04:45 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: I am trying to insert an image in my post, when I click the 'insert an image' icon, a drop down window appears but there is no option for me to select the image file from my PC

Please help.

use the attachment option from the new reply or full edit options for that (attachments are not available at quick edit or quick reply) which you can then add to the post.  The insert image is only for online images via a URL

But, how / where to enable 'full edit option?  
Have been searching around, no.... 
Hidden some where ...
If you click New Reply just above the normal quick reply box you will get what I presume is Full Edit Capability but there is no attachment instructions that I can see.
(27-12-2022, 06:03 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 05:21 PM)king1 Wrote: use the attachment option from the new reply or full edit options for that (attachments are not available at quick edit or quick reply) which you can then add to the post.  The insert image is only for online images via a URL

But, how / where to enable 'full edit option?  
Hidden some where ...

From the New Reply or full edit option when editing a post

(27-12-2022, 06:23 PM)king1 Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 06:03 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: But, how / where to enable 'full edit option?  
Hidden some where ...

From the New Reply or full edit option when editing a post

No.  can't follow.
(27-12-2022, 07:48 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 06:23 PM)king1 Wrote: From the New Reply or full edit option when editing a post

No.  can't follow.

When you hit Reply ( or new) there should be down the bottom an attachment box click to navigate to your Picture

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(27-12-2022, 07:48 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 06:23 PM)king1 Wrote: From the New Reply or full edit option when editing a post

No.  can't follow.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it, the screenshot shows it in all it's glory, look for "Attachments" - you MUST do a NEW REPLY for attachments, it is not available at 'quick reply'

Big Grin 
(27-12-2022, 08:11 PM)king1 Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 07:48 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: No.  can't follow.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it, the screenshot shows it in all it's glory, look for "Attachments" - you MUST do a NEW REPLY for attachments, it is not available at 'quick reply'

Very confusing...  I am lost in the outer space.  Big Grin

Never thought that it's so confusing as unable to follow!  
What about starting a new post?    How to insert an image?   Huh
Start with the New Reply button

Then add the attachment from the box below the editor

(27-12-2022, 08:53 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 08:11 PM)king1 Wrote: I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it, the screenshot shows it in all it's glory, look for "Attachments" - you MUST do a NEW REPLY for attachments, it is not available at 'quick reply'

Very confusing...  I am lost in the outer space.  Big Grin

I am impressed though, it took me over a year to learn how, so finding someone else as confused as I was is very heartening. For my ego.

Big Grin
(28-12-2022, 05:43 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(27-12-2022, 08:53 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: Very confusing...  I am lost in the outer space.  Big Grin

I am impressed though, it took me over a year to learn how, so finding someone else as confused as I was is very heartening. For my ego.

Big Grin

Well Done! You finally succeeded! Keep up the spirit!

Wish I can make it, too, but how long will it take, let's wait and see ...  

Have to admit that this 70+ young man finds it hard to catch up with technology...
Oh well that explains it! I don't have any + just yet, and am still getting used to three score and ten. With age comes wisdom they say, no doubt mine will come along soon...
Big Grin
(28-12-2022, 08:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh well that explains it! I don't have any + just yet, and am still getting used to three score and ten. With age comes wisdom they say, no doubt mine will come along soon...
Big Grin

Nah, doesn't seem to work that way in my experience.
(28-12-2022, 03:06 PM)jayess64 Wrote:
(28-12-2022, 08:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh well that explains it! I don't have any + just yet, and am still getting used to three score and ten. With age comes wisdom they say, no doubt mine will come along soon...
Big Grin

Nah, doesn't seem to work that way in my experience.
Way to dash my hopes there jayess...  Big Grin
This written in the new reply box, down below where it says Thread Subscription are some notes.

There is No attachment button showing for me below the Thread Subscription and I suspect all the others asking the same question do not have it showing also.

I'm wondering if you have to so many posts done before that button shows up?
It's hard to fly like an Eagle when surrounded by Turkeys
(28-12-2022, 03:28 PM)Garysixtyseven Wrote: This written in the new reply box, down below where it says Thread Subscription are some notes.

There is No attachment button showing for me below the Thread Subscription and I suspect all the others asking the same question do not have it showing also.

I'm wondering if you have to so many posts done before that button shows up?

Okay. If you want to put an image in, use the 'reply' button on the bottom of the post above, not the New Reply button.

That way the attachment box comes up.