Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh joy predicted 40c extra on a liter of gas.
Our commie regime is putting the fuel tax back on end of Feb, RUC full rate tomorrow.
Only good thing it should kill any chance of the commies being back in power after October elections.
First they came for the gun owners no one did anything, they came for your water, you let them now they are coming for car owners.
I am close to work a tank of gas in the Ka last about 5 weeks but filling up the bus for seagull racing makes my blood boil for our commie regime.
Dont hold a grudge, slash their tires and call it evens.
If its old and British I want it except British helicopters.
Commies, Reds in the Bed...it all sounds a bit familiar....Star Spangled Banner.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Oh dear - and I don't think the OP is being ironic...he probably thinks irony is something to play golf with.
I do have other cameras!
it's not really 'extra' though is it? just returning the costs to what it would actually have been... I'd be saying thanks for the cheap gas if I was you...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I thought they might wait until after the election, and let Cluxton put the tax back on.
Waging war with society
(30-01-2023, 09:02 PM)king1 Wrote: it's not really 'extra' though is it? just returning the costs to what it would actually have been...

Yep. Exactly.

And how is this communism? Reduced it for a time to help, and now it's back to normal.

I suppose you could go buy an electric car....
(31-01-2023, 09:27 AM)piroska Wrote:
(30-01-2023, 09:02 PM)king1 Wrote: it's not really 'extra' though is it? just returning the costs to what it would actually have been...

Yep. Exactly.

And how is this communism? Reduced it for a time to help, and now it's back to normal.

Noooo think of all the petrol you could buy for the price of buying an electric car, not worth it, I wonder if any of them (electric cars) have exploded or had their battery ruined by the flood waters in Auckland, yes I know petrol ones will be buggered too but just wondering.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(31-01-2023, 10:41 AM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 09:27 AM)piroska Wrote: Yep. Exactly.

Noooo think of all the petrol you could buy for the price of buying an electric car, not worth it, I wonder if any of them (electric cars) have exploded or had their battery ruined by the flood waters in Auckland, yes I know petrol ones will be buggered too but just wondering.
I'm sure the anti-EV brigade will be sure to shout from the rooftops if an EV ignites post-flooding so the lack of media mention is an indication that this hasn't happened yet.

An vehicle that has been at least partly submerged in flood waters should have its vital fluids (oil, ATF, brake fluid, etc.) checked for water contamination but going by the amount of people happily playing the sewage contaminated flood waters I doubt many recognise the risks caused by the event.

So far as the tax break on fuel prices ending how many of those that have been enjoying this ICE vehicle incentive are the same people bitching about the RUC holiday for EVs? Good for the goose.....
bahahahaha...good call. Like those dickheads on telly last night playing footy in filth-laden water in a park.

I'm sure they'll be happy using my tax dollars to pay for their Hep C treatments.
RUC might have been reduced for us but they certainly have not been put on hold for 2 years like EV ones have
It's hard to fly like an Eagle when surrounded by Turkeys
(31-01-2023, 06:25 PM)Garysixtyseven Wrote: RUC might have been reduced for us but they certainly have not been put on hold for 2 years like EV ones have
We with EVs have an end date for our RUC holiday but you won't hear many bleating about it like the petrol tax rebate whingers seem to be. Suck it up chaps.
(31-01-2023, 06:33 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 06:25 PM)Garysixtyseven Wrote: RUC might have been reduced for us but they certainly have not been put on hold for 2 years like EV ones have
We with EVs have an end date for our RUC holiday but you won't hear many bleating about it like the petrol tax rebate whingers seem to be. Suck it up chaps.

Your EV is running partly on Indonesian coal burnt at Huntly.
(31-01-2023, 07:19 PM)zkted Wrote:
(31-01-2023, 06:33 PM)harm_less Wrote: We with EVs have an end date for our RUC holiday but you won't hear many bleating about it like the petrol tax rebate whingers seem to be. Suck it up chaps.

Your EV is running partly on Indonesian coal burnt at Huntly.
No it's not. Our EVs are charged either from our own PV generation or supplied by Ecotricity who sources their electricity only from regenerative generators.

No greenwashing here sunshine Cool

[Image: 1875648637.jpg]
I would have an EV tomorrow if it could tow my caravan and could do 1000km to a charge as well as cost less than $25k.

That is my budget and my needs, not wanting much just sensible vehicles like the vast majority need. When are EV manufacturers going to start producing vehicles for the real world instead of useless shopping carts?

I actually know someone who has been supplied with an LDV electric ute, great around town but can only tow 2 tonnes and terrible ground clearance.
It's hard to fly like an Eagle when surrounded by Turkeys
(01-02-2023, 05:37 AM)Garysixtyseven Wrote: I would have an EV tomorrow if it could tow my caravan and could do 1000km to a charge as well as cost less than $25k.

That is my budget and my needs, not wanting much just sensible vehicles like the vast majority need. When are EV manufacturers going to start producing vehicles for the real world instead of useless shopping carts?

I actually know someone who has been supplied with an LDV electric ute, great around town but can only tow 2 tonnes and terrible ground clearance.

I agree, its only the well off or the greenies that go for an EV the rest of us have real cars.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
Oh no. ZKTED is going to have to pay more than us for his fuel. (Unless he finds a way to accept the "commie subsidy").
As long as none of his fuel goes in to Bedford's or Seagulls it's probably ok . . . . they use more parts than fuel anyway. Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
looks like labour are extending the 25c excise discount again...  not sure about the other 15 cents the OP was referring to, is that an Auckland thing?

Quote:Fresh from announcing his new Cabinet line-up, Prime Minister Chris Hipkins will on Wednesday reveal an extension to the 25-cent petrol tax cut and half-price public transport, Stuff understands.
Finance Minister Grant Robertson announced at his Budget update in December that the 25-cent petrol tax cut and the diesel Road User Charge would end by March 31 this year.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...port-fares
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(01-02-2023, 05:37 AM)Garysixtyseven Wrote: I would have an EV tomorrow if it could tow my caravan and could do 1000km to a charge as well as cost less than $25k.

Dead right Gazza, in Auckland there are hundreds of nissan leafs with rooted batteries lucky if they could do 50km between charges. Not even possible to drive a newer leaf from Auckland to Tauranga.
As you say they are just shopping carts. My car is worth maybe $800 tops gets a good 50 mpg. If I need to tow my boat Auckland to Waitara what sort of EV can I get for $800?
I note the Communists have kept the gas subsidy on but anyone with brains still wont vote for them, its still the same old party with musical chairs.
I'm sure they will really miss you voting for them - just vote for your usual fascists.
I do have other cameras!
(01-02-2023, 04:35 PM)zkted Wrote: My car is worth maybe $800 tops gets a good 50 mpg.

Is that UK or US gallons ? Where did you get your gallons from ? They are bigger than litres, but more expensive, but probably a more economical way to buy fuel...I'll have to look out for these gallons on special.
Waging war with society