Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labour scraps biofuel mandate
Thumbs Up 
No brainer if you ask me.
At least the greens and labour still have some common sense, I could have told them this was a bad idea for the reasons already mentioned in the article.
Either it means many in the party were unhappy with jacindas direction or else it's just a way to try and win back voters.
https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/02/12/benef...l-mandate/
Biofuels make little sense as the energy inputs to manufacture them is greater than the energy they supply. Same goes for hydrogen but that seems to have gone over the heads of TPTB. Far too much fossil fuel industry influence in both cases as they attempt to maintain ongoing usefulness for their potentially stranded assets.
Labour need to scrap a damn sight more than biofuel if they want to keep people happy.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(12-02-2023, 03:40 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Labour need to scrap a damn sight more than biofuel if they want to keep people happy.
Criticising and condemning the government with no constructive suggestions to offer. You could have a future in the National party Rolleyes
Get it right National and Act parties
(12-02-2023, 05:18 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Get it right National and Act parties
Luxon is the example of bitching with nothing to offer. 'Rimmer' Seymour at least has some strategies even if they are batshit crazy in most cases but at least you know where he's coming from so you know to steer well clear of him.
hahaha you can tell a lefty through and through by the way they talk and whine!
Whinging and whining with no constructive answers would tend to sum up Luxon though wouldn't it? Does that make him a lefty by your definition?
It has been too long since New Zealand had a government that truly governed for the good of the nation, instead of just seeking to stay in power or to feed their own political egos. The current Prime Minister, Hipkins, is no better than the last, adeptly using deflection, smoke, and mirrors to hide the truth. This is sadly true of all the cabinet members as well.
(13-02-2023, 12:07 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: It has been too long since New Zealand had a government that truly governed for the good of the nation, instead of just seeking to stay in power or to feed their own political egos. 

approximately 200 years or so - human beings are consumed by self interest...

Tax cuts for the rich come from where one might ask?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-02-2023, 05:24 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 05:18 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Get it right National and Act parties
Luxon is the example of bitching with nothing to offer. 'Rimmer' Seymour at least has some strategies even if they are batshit crazy in most cases but at least you know where he's coming from so you know to steer well clear of him.

I've always thought Rimmer too - but with just a touch of Mr. Bean.... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Who is Mr Bean , Mr Chip Butty?
(13-02-2023, 05:32 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Who is Mr Bean ,

Surely you jest?.  Ooops, sorry, didn't mean to call you Surely!

Ken  Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(13-02-2023, 05:32 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Who is Mr Bean , Mr Chip Butty?

One Rowan Atkinson, AKA Mr. Bean.... Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4-03Om97_U
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

The likeness is uncanny Big Grin
Red Dwarf Smile - such a great show...

(13-02-2023, 08:44 PM)king1 Wrote: Red Dwarf Smile  -  such a great show...
British comedy takes some beating. Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Green Wing, Black Books, ...
And Shelley, The likely lads. The hitch hikers guide to the galaxy - there were tons of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBqy3mDUxDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfSWT3sYHuc
Luxon is an absolute gift to Labour/Greens. He doesn't stand for anything, and instead his campaign strategy seems to consist solely of "anything Labour can do, I can do better". When pushed on why he thinks the general populace have a hard time relating to/trusting him, his counter is simply that "People can trust me, I'm the sort of person that knows how to get things done". Well OK then, thanks for clearing that up for us...

I say all that as someone that thinks Ardern was terrible for NZ, I strongly disagreed with much of her policy direction and was somewhat relieved that she/Labour were generally pretty useless at actually getting anything done. But if National were vaguely decent, they'd be guaranteed to romp home at the end of the year, whereas I'd now put my money on another term of Labour and genuinely am not sure which option I'd prefer. National just seem so desperate to not do anything that could make people not like them, that they've forgotten that they actually need to do something to make people like them in the first place.
(17-02-2023, 10:01 AM)dken31 Wrote: Luxon is an absolute gift to Labour/Greens.  He doesn't stand for anything, and instead his campaign strategy seems to consist solely of "anything Labour can do, I can do better".  When pushed on why he thinks the general populace have a hard time relating to/trusting him, his counter is simply that "People can trust me, I'm the sort of person that knows how to get things done". Well OK then, thanks for clearing that up for us...

I say all that as someone that thinks Ardern was terrible for NZ, I strongly disagreed with much of her policy direction and was somewhat relieved that she/Labour were generally pretty useless at actually getting anything done. But if National were vaguely decent, they'd be guaranteed to romp home at the end of the year, whereas I'd now put my money on another term of Labour and genuinely am not sure which option I'd prefer.  National just seem so desperate to not do anything that could make people not like them, that they've forgotten that they actually need to do something to make people like them in the first place.
Well said, probably doesn't help that Auckland elected a mayor promising to "Fix Auckland" who turned out to be all puff and bluster... I see similarities...