Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have all the PF1ers gone.
And also, just because you don't agree with the other person it's not necessarily them that is wrong.
(17-04-2023, 03:09 PM)CliveM Wrote: And also, just because you don't agree with the other person it's not necessarily them that is wrong.

Not sure if I'd go that far... Undecided
I look in every day. I don't want to be missing anything.
(17-04-2023, 03:09 PM)CliveM Wrote: And also, just because you don't agree with the other person it's not necessarily ONLY them that is wrong.
FTFY Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
AgreedSmile
Don't know if they've gone away, or taken a vow of silence. But, they are definitely not intoxicated with the exuberance of their own verbosity.
Well, not noticeably so'

Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Just got out of the forum habit myself, checked it on a whim today for the first time in ages
(24-03-2023, 07:00 AM)Wainuitech Wrote: With the introduction of Windows 10 there was a huge drop is Operating System problems. Only have to look at XP and W7,  plenty of questions, plenty of problems. This also proven by the amount of businesses  who have less and less actual windows problems and a reduction in work, I can safely say at least 99% of my work these days is NON windows problems, these days its more other software or hardware related.

Press F1 was great when I was learning about computers and didn't know so much.
But now I've learned all the basics, there's no need to ask about them.

In addition, I've switched mostly to Linux because I can't stand anything past Windows 7.
Random OS issues are almost down to zero these days.
There aren't really many questions to ask anymore.

If I do have some software issue, it's usually so obscure and weird, nobody knows the answer anyway, so I go elsewhere, or figure it out myself.
(17-04-2023, 03:00 PM)jayess64 Wrote: Coming back to this forum after a longish time away, I see my name on the list of absentees. No offence intended, just the passage of time.

Kind of miss the arguments that often flared up, even if some people (self not excluded) sometimes got a bit carried away.

Here is a bit of wisdom that I gleaned over the years: just because you disagree with someone, that does not make them a bad person.

My days have changed dramaticlly this year, changed jobs and now working 40 hours, and actually enjoying my job since a long time.
Miss my mum but not the drudge of going to the rest home. Went through her stuff, sad to think  of 90 years and she only had one room of stuff to live with at the rest home and most of it  she never used ( bed ridden for a long time )  But i am glad she is at peace and no longer suffering.  Still doesnt make the loss any easier.

Ive also got out of the habit of  checking the pc everyday.  Grandkids, work and netflix , disney channels take a lot of my time Big Grin

Im still here, but  life has a way of slowing down and changing and the need or desire to be sitting at a screen waiting for peoples responses  has lessened  considerably.

I miss the antics yes, I miss the originals, I miss the learning but I dont have as many scrapes to dig myself out of currently,  Currently feeel like a hoarder and need to  sort thru what is or is not important to me, and thats  life in general too

Have a good one peeps, Im still here and still as irratic as ever, and still hoarding all those dots for rainy days Big Grin  ......................
beetle Smile
Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.
(24-03-2023, 11:37 AM)king1 Wrote:
(24-03-2023, 11:32 AM)Kenj Wrote: OK FC? I'll stop my little list now?  Giggle Giggle
yeah sorry about that, I got up to about 7 before I realised I could get the database to spit out a list... How far did you get?

OK I'm here.. Just found my way back to this site after having no computer. The laptop motherboard passed away after only two years and despite the manufacturer saying it was out of warranty which I knew I insisted they replace it for nought under the Consumer Guarantees Act, which they did. In actual fact, Harvey N staff were excellent and helped me all through.

So Gidday to all again.
Oh hi. Checking in. I went to have a nosy at where PressF1 was at and found it gone! If you don't remember me I was super active 2003-2006 or so while I was at high school and then went off to study/work and dropped off
I remember your name dannz, welcome back, there are still a few of us here from old PressF1 and a lot of new people from TMMB.

Quite a lot of new topics and new interests a bit different from PressF1.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(01-08-2023, 07:15 PM)dannz Wrote: Oh hi. Checking in. I went to have a nosy at where PressF1 was at and found it gone! If you don't remember me I was super active 2003-2006 or so while I was at high school and then went off to study/work and dropped off

Welcome to our little corner of the internet dannz...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(01-08-2023, 07:15 PM)dannz Wrote: Oh hi. Checking in. I went to have a nosy at where PressF1 was at and found it gone! If you don't remember me I was super active 2003-2006 or so while I was at high school and then went off to study/work and dropped off

Hi dannz. I too, remember the name. Welcome to the new version. Hasn't got that old comfortable chair feeling that our old one had... yet   Big Grin Big Grin

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
May get a bit busier when Win12 appears. I wonder what delights and problems that will bring
Hi Ya Dannz, long time no see.

There are a few who have not made their way over to this forum, some may have not seen where we went as there wasn't a lot of time between the official announcement of PF1 closing and coming over here.

Mind you if some do come over and try the "Antics" that they did in PF1, they will find things a bit different. The moderators don't take the same sort of crap Wink
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
pffft....'antics'.

I was 'antics' that made it fun. The lack of 'antics' is probably what killed it.

I'm in the mood to push ....but I can't remember what 'antics' are lol
(03-08-2023, 02:16 PM)allblack Wrote: pffft....'antics'.

I was 'antics' that made it fun. The lack of 'antics' is probably what killed it.

does it matter where the line is ?  the fun part is pushing till you find the line Smile
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-08-2023, 02:37 PM)king1 Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 02:16 PM)allblack Wrote: pffft....'antics'.

does it matter where the line is ?  the fun part is pushing till you find the line Smile

We way past the line now Big Grin
Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.
Even if we weren't past it, we couldn't see the thing anyway.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.