Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Net F***ed By 2050
Love these 'honest government ads'  Big Grin

This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(08-11-2021, 11:20 AM)king1 Wrote: Love these 'honest government ads'  Big Grin

And still they cut down trees.
I have moral failings. Sad
Just build nuclear plants and be done with it.
I burn tyres to help. im told theyre not good in the landfill.

I used to burn old car batteries too, but they sometimes explode shooting shards of lead and battery acid everywhere.
Now I just bury them. Safety first.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Sheesh. I think I just worked out who is behind that fake beard.

I am so slow these days...

(11-11-2021, 10:01 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Just build nuclear plants and be done with it.
I believe the Brits are doing just that. Building lots of minis to replace the big ones reaching their expiry date.
(12-11-2021, 07:32 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Sheesh. I think I just worked out who is behind that fake beard.

(11-11-2021, 10:01 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Just build nuclear plants and be done with it.
I believe the Brits are doing just that. Building lots of minis to replace the big ones reaching their expiry date.
Yes these mini reactors are much more scalable and quick to put online.
Good interm measure until fusion becomes a thing and then we will never have to worry about energy ever again.
It is a very good video, and quite funny, but actually it is very sad at the same time as it is so accurate. We are in a bad way. I feel sorry for my children, as well as myself and everyone else.
Me too tyger. We had the best of worlds.
(12-11-2021, 07:32 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Sheesh. I think I just worked out who is behind that fake beard.

That  idea  was   put up   decade ago here   , small nuke plants  in cities close to sea  or    rivers  , less tranmission losses    & easily contained should anything  go wrong  , but  NZ isnt ready  r for nuke power   politically   just      wind & sloer    units  . Uk  has  run out of  space to put  wind farms so    built an undersea   cable  from  Norway   but even that wont be enough  for next decade
Plenty of space for wind farms in NZ and it is so windy it would be ideal. Also can have offshore wind maybe if it isn't too deep.

Nuclear is too expensive and the waste is an issue.