Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you don't hear so much anymore
You'll get the rounds of the kitchen table in a minute.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Someone blew the gaff.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I'll have your guts for garters.
Just made it by the skin of your teeth.
He put the wind up them.
The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(03-07-2024, 01:53 PM)zqwerty Wrote: The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.

Oh I remember that!

And also how now, brown cow. Rolleyes Big Grin
It's from "My Fair Lady" I think.
(03-07-2024, 04:08 PM)zqwerty Wrote: It's from "My Fair Lady" I think.

That's probably right - I remember mum telling me she'd been taught to say both of those to get the 'right' pronounciation, so she recognised them when she came across them in My Fair Lady, or whatever the original was.