Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you watching?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
And they all stood up.

I remember seeing that and being so moved my throat closed up the tears came...
I had something in my eye...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Looking for Alaska. Tvnz streaming. Not bad. So far...
I'm about to see the final episode of Infiltre(e), a French cop show set in Marseilles - a bit unlikely but good.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Ripley on Netflix!   I've watched every incarnation of the Ripley story and this is astonishingly compelling.   Plus it brings me poignant memories of autumn in Rome and Palermo.
I watxched Anatomy of a fall streaming on One the other day, & really enjoyed it subtitles & all. Now watching The boat story, very different & quirky, dark humour.
I started Anatomy, and will go back to it, but have a good book and some knitting - 2 ply of all things - on the go so am sticking to docos that can play in the background without me losing the thread. The youtube Howard Stern interview with Biden was enlightening, that man has had quite a life...
just finished watching this series, well worth a look...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13835440/

Series 3 of Clarkson's Farm. All the hair-brained schemes of a typical lifestyle farmer but on a large and potentially more risk exposed scale. Hillarious and thought provoking in terms of the present hurdles faced by UK (and other) farmers.

I've just finished watching The Act. Based on fact, which made it quite disturbing but brilliantly acted. Definitely one of the more interesting series I've seen.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio...-king-hulu

“At the conclusion of the first episode of The Act, Gypsy Rose Blanchard (Joey King) sits up in bed next to her mother, Dee Dee (Patricia Arquette). She slides her feet out from under the covers and skims the floor with her toes, which crack under her weight. Then she stands up and, without waking her mother, walks to the kitchen for a midnight snack.

Gypsy’s furtive steps are revelatory, to a point – Gypsy has spent the prior 50 or so minutes of screen time in a wheelchair, seemingly beset by illnesses that keep her head bald and her frame frail.
Except all the medical conditions were a ruse – concoctions of Dee Dee’s Munchausen syndrome by proxy, a disorder characterized by fabricated or induced medical conditions for attention or sympathy. "
Streaming The Path - slow moving but interesting series (3 series) about people living in & leaving a cult. The cult has similarities to various movements including Scientology.
It stars Aaron Paul who played Jesse Pinkman in Breaking bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/arts/...-hulu.html
A good watch, enjoying this at the moment...

I've become hooked on a Welsh series, Keeping Faith. Saw the final in the first series & it was a cliff hanger so very keen to start the second. Some really good acting from all of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio...roadchurch
(03-08-2024, 03:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I've become hooked on a Welsh series, Keeping Faith. Saw the final in the first series & it was a cliff hanger so very keen to start the second. Some really good acting from all of them.

Looks interesting.   What platform is it on?

I'm nearly at the end of Eric (Netflix), which has had patchy reviews but I'm finding it compelling.  Set in Manhattan in the 80s, dark and dangerous, and Benedict Cumberbatch is so good.
Free streaming, got to love that! And Faith was excellent.

Now to find something as good. And as long, lol...
(03-08-2024, 07:29 PM)Olive Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 03:48 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I've become hooked on a Welsh series, Keeping Faith. Saw the final in the first series & it was a cliff hanger so very keen to start the second. Some really good acting from all of them.

Looks interesting.   What platform is it on?

I'm nearly at the end of Eric (Netflix), which has had patchy reviews but I'm finding it compelling.  Set in Manhattan in the 80s, dark and dangerous, and Benedict Cumberbatch is so good.

Its on TVNZ+ Olive. There are three series & I'm keen to start the second so probably tonight or tomorrow if I have time.

(03-08-2024, 07:53 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Free streaming, got to love that! And Faith was excellent.

Now to find something as good. And as long, lol...

It was brilliant - I SO wanted to smack that woman cop, really good acting! Rolleyes
Finished watching season 2 of Taika Waititi's Our Flag Means Death series last night. Shame season 3 was canned but season 2 tidied up most of the loose ends but left a couple of threads that a third season could continue on with, in much the same way that Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency's season 2 did.

Both series are well worth watching if you get the chance.
I am watching Paddy Gower's Ice. Scary stuff.
(13-08-2024, 08:01 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I am watching Paddy Gower's Ice. Scary stuff.
Likewise, and as per their comments it's not us who will be impacted by this environmental shit show so much as our kids and their kids. It's shameful that so many people, and politicans, think in such a short time frame as to pretty much ignore the effects of their lifestyles and decisons.