Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120 families lose access to respite care but 'not a cut'
Despite the clear similarity to an actual cut, this is apparently not a cut. At all. Not even slightly. Rolleyes

120 Wellington families have lost access to respite care support, but according to ministers this is not a cut - because the programme's budget was intact.

Dodgy

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/5285...-not-a-cut
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(9 hours ago)Lilith7 Wrote: Despite the clear similarity to an actual cut, this is apparently not a cut. At all. Not even slightly. Rolleyes

120 Wellington families have lost access to respite care support, but according to ministers this is not a cut - because the programme's budget was intact.

Dodgy

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/5285...-not-a-cut

It's more a case of Luxon's ministers singing from his hymn sheet in playing loosely with the meanings and context of the words they use. The thread I've just posted on Luxon's hissy fit about 'frickin targets' is a prime example of this behaviour.
I SO wish we had McPhail & Gadsby still....
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(6 hours ago)Lilith7 Wrote: I SO wish we had McPhail & Gadsby still....
Satire is all well and good for smuggling political miscreances into the public's attentions but the situation we have in front of us presently would be far better addressed by way of quality mainstream journalism. That is what we're really lacking.
(5 hours ago)harm_less Wrote:
(6 hours ago)Lilith7 Wrote: I SO wish we had McPhail & Gadsby still....
Satire is all well and good for smuggling political miscreances into the public's attentions but the situation we have in front of us presently would be far better addressed by way of quality mainstream journalism. That is what we're really lacking.

And our glorious leader & his matesĀ  seem not at all bothered by that, in fact quite the opposite - it suits them very well. Surely there must be a better system, something to keep ALL politicians on the straight & narrow.