Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 monthly boosters
I dont know how this is going to play out.
In other countries, the uptake of boosters seems to be much lower than the initial first shots which isn't really any surprise.
In Ireland it looks like their population is waning in immunity as they have had 6 months and cases are surging.
I'd hazard a guess that we'll have improved vaccines in the very near future, so regular boosters may not be necessary in the long term.

Also worth noting that protection from serious illness remains very high for a much longer period than 6 months, even if protection from infection wanes.
Yeah, the biggest concern is if we see more variants of the virus come up that the vaccine is not effective against.
The lambda strain is one such example.
It's possible that Ireland also has delta+ which the vaccine is less effective against.
I believe that Australia is doing trials on their own vaccine which is supposed to be extremely effective and long lasting.
Any vaccine that helps one prevent catching Australian-itis will be very welcome ?
(16-11-2021, 03:31 PM)Me+Me Wrote: Any vaccine that helps one prevent catching Australian-itis will be very welcome ?

I think the Pacific ocean is our best line of defence.
(16-11-2021, 03:39 PM)videomonkey Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 03:31 PM)Me+Me Wrote: Any vaccine that helps one prevent catching Australian-itis will be very welcome ?

I think the Pacific ocean is our best line of defence.
Is a good start. I believe Oz has a couple of boats tho....
I will be in line for the booster, when I can have it. Having underlying health condition, I need all the help I can get.

Would be good if we can get it before winter, and/or at the same time as we get the flu jab.
I know two elderly people who have already had a 3rd shot before the govt even announced boosters.
Having got my vaccine pass today I noted from their website "Your pass will have an expiry date 6 months after the date of issue." so I assume that is the expected period of acceptable immunity before a booster will be required, and the Vaccine Pass will be reissued accordingly.
(17-11-2021, 07:26 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I know two elderly people who have already had a 3rd shot before the govt even announced boosters.

How did they manage to get that
Crab2
(16-11-2021, 03:42 PM)Me+Me Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 03:39 PM)videomonkey Wrote: I think the Pacific ocean is our best line of defence.
Is a good start. I believe Oz has a couple of boats tho....
They may have boats but it's a big ocean and boats can be made to sink..........
(18-11-2021, 02:52 PM)namtak Wrote:
(16-11-2021, 03:42 PM)Me+Me Wrote: Is a good start. I believe Oz has a couple of boats tho....
They may have boats but it's a big ocean and boats can be made to sink..........

are we going to war with Aussie? They will be quivering with fear at the sight of our Navy bearing down on them, followed by Airforce strafing runs - oh, hang on a minute
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Why do you think they wanted submarines? So they can sneak over here ....
the vax is waining 64% only afte 6 month its knowen since longer and from people who hav had sideffects they are gone in 9 month telling me the vax will be removed fully by then if you put 2 and 2 togather. But that just my opinion based on facts i have seen.
my mother is getting tested for antibodys after 6 month i let you know her results She had moderna her partner had pfizer
Yeh well they all wane with time. Some more so than others. They're saying a third, 'booster', shot will last a couple of years. Hmmm... Until the next mutated variant ?

Interesting times.
(18-11-2021, 05:11 PM)intrade Wrote: the  vax is  waining 64% only  afte 6 month its knowen since longer  and  from people  who hav  had  sideffects they  are gone in 9 month telling me  the  vax will be  removed  fully by then if  you put  2 and 2  togather. But that just my opinion based on facts i have seen.
my mother is getting  tested  for antibodys after 6 month i let you know  her  results She had  moderna her partner had  pfizer
Are they in Oz ??

I have heard/read that quite a few people are waiting for NZ to get the Maderna Vaccine. Not sure why, but it would be one reason why people are holding out.
Will be rolling sleeve up , when eligible
We went to the local chemist, the first day boosters were available, and got ours.
I do have other cameras!
Counting down to February for mine.
I will be booking ours as soon as bookings open tomorrow.