Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Party
National Party leader Christopher Luxon says he's not going to apologise for his success.
The National Party had been run "in a very dysfunctional way for the last four years," and now was the time for strong leadership - a quality Luxon said he had vast experience with.

He had built teams and culture and "got results and achieved things" through his corporate career and he was ready to apply these lessons to his new role, Luxon said.

He is forgetting one thing, caucus is not anything like a corporate  company when the boss says jump you ask how high, caucus is full of knife wielding backstabbers out for themselves, so we will see how his corporate  strategies go. It should be interesting.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
A country cannot be run like a commercial enterprise. It is like asking a serial killer to be a doctor. They require completely opposite motivations...
(03-12-2021, 05:38 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: National Party leader Christopher Luxon says he's not going to apologise for his success.
The National Party had been run "in a very dysfunctional way for the last four years," and now was the time for strong leadership - a quality Luxon said he had vast experience with.

He had built teams and culture and "got results and achieved things" through his corporate career and he was ready to apply these lessons to his new role, Luxon said.

He is forgetting one thing, caucus is not anything like a corporate  company when the boss says jump you ask how high, caucus is full of knife wielding backstabbers out for themselves, so we will see how his corporate  strategies go. It should be interesting.
"caucus is full of knife wielding backstabbers out for themselves."

That is an excellent point, & one which has been clearly shown over several decades by various politicians here. I suppose hoping that all the really nasty ones target each other & only the good ones survive to continue in politics is hoping for too much.

Oy, Santa - you listening...?? Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-12-2021, 05:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: A country cannot be run like a commercial enterprise. It is like asking a serial killer to be a doctor. They require completely opposite motivations...
Well said.  I agree.
Still, it will look good on his cv. Just as it did on his mentor's. And he might get a knighthood out of it.

After all, we are a nation of slow learners in some respects...
(04-12-2021, 08:23 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Still, it will look good on his cv. Just as it did on his mentor's. And he might get a knighthood out of it.

After all, we are a nation of slow learners in some respects...
Yeah, but only some of us... Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Judith Collins drops in the Nat's shadow cabinet. She's dropped from 1 down to 19, just inside their shadow cabinet.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...teams.html
She is used to being up and down...

Probably expected it.
Yep, not much else they could have done with her really. I wonder if she'll stick around or perhaps leave politics at some point.
(06-12-2021, 02:04 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Judith Collins drops in the Nat's shadow cabinet. She's dropped from 1 down to 19, just inside their shadow cabinet.

It's been interesting to see the rises and falls.

A lot of the older ones being shuffled further and further down the list to make way for new(younger) blood. Hopefully the obvious sidelining of some sizeable parliamentary experience doesn't bite him and National in the bum.
See that Todd "I didn't really want to be leader" Muller wasn't going to stand in 2023, but has now unresigned. He was initially standing down to prioritise his health and family, but apparently they're no longer important?

Must be one of the most erratic politicians going around!
(06-12-2021, 03:06 PM)reigns Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 02:04 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Judith Collins drops in the Nat's shadow cabinet. She's dropped from 1 down to 19, just inside their shadow cabinet.

It's been interesting to see the rises and falls.

A lot of the older ones being shuffled further and further down the list to make way for new(younger) blood. Hopefully the obvious sidelining of some sizeable parliamentary experience doesn't bite him and National in the bum.
Oh I dunno...I'd be quite happy if it did really - serve them right, treacherous lot. Angel
Luxon has dead shark eyes, same as John Key. Obviously the mentoring has had an impact . And in today's press conference Luxon's voice was much improved, he's lost the vocal fry that was so annoying. As I understand it vocal fry is a very hard affectation to shift, so he must have done some conscientious work on himself in the past few days.
I just don't much like politicians as a group. I wouldn't be inclined to trust any of them too far - except for a couple of dead ones. Smile