Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tongan volcano eruption and tsunami
(18-01-2022, 01:50 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(18-01-2022, 09:58 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You did see what happened to those boats at Tutukaka?

Imagine that with houses.
Excellent point... Angel Big Grin

They are not designed for places with waves.
Tsunamis go where waves don't. Usually.

Volcanic eruptions do make great sunsets though!
There's not a hell of a lot left, going by these images,& undersea cables have been damaged which limits communication.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1275311...on-emerges
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Out of disaster emerges a miracle story of survival

'Real life Aquaman': Tongan man swims 7.5km after eruption and tsunami - NZ Herald
Crikey, he was lucky. And must be exhausted now,too.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
June '12 saw me & Mrs jackford in Samoa to take in the 50th Independence Celebration.
Her village is Lepa nestled in the beautiful Southeastern end of Upolu, lepa was among the worst hit areas by the Tsunami of '09.
To see the devastation even almost 3 years later to the Fale/houses we slept in  during my 1st visit to her place of birth in '95 really brought home
a wonderment of what nature could throw at them. The water marks on the trees brought home the absolute amazement that a wave could attain such heights & force, smash into the sides of the hills then recede taking almost everything in its path back out to sea. Perhaps one understands somewhat how ordinary folk become mesmerized by such event
Our thoughts with those affected & hope things are getting back to some sort of normality.
i suppose the people of christchurch have some experience at this
i cannot imagine it. no fresh water, no comm's. dysentery and all the bugs and bacterium
it would be like being shipwrecked..
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Tonga into  week long Lockdown  @ 6pm tonight as  Covid confirmed in the Island nation with an 8pm to 6am curfew

Tonga goes into lockdown days after reporting its first ever Covid case - CNN

Gotta feel for them  Sad