Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we at Orange?
90% is excellent but people still need to understand the need to be vaccinated because that's still our best weapon against the virus.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(01-02-2022, 10:51 AM)king1 Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 10:44 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Agreed 90% vaxxed is pretty damn impressive.
Not many countries have achieved that.
If 90% vax rate is not enough to stop the spread, nothing will.
and yet "The vaccine is a waste of time" you say?
Definitely still is a waste of time, obviously you dont see my sarcasm here.

We have an impressive vax rate for sure, I have nothing against that, but im not impressed that we only got there because a good percentage of that 90% had their shot against their free will, only getting it to keep their job.
Ive spoken to many who said they dont want it, but "had to" so they could keep their job.
If there was no mandates we would be around 80% perhaps which is still acceptable.
The vax likely has helped with delta to some degree, but many, many cases still spreading, just look at all the music festivals (only fully vaxxed allowed) and the MOH making a big deal about them being a "super spreader" event.
Obviously the vax is a waste of time, or else why would the MOH be so concerned? There shouldnt be anything to worry about. Do they know something that we dont?

Now with omicron, this changed things entirely where the vaccine has zero impact on reducing its spread. Pfizer themselves have admitted it has no effect, hence why they are working on a new updated version.
The irony here is the "studies" published in the news claim that the reason that 3rd, 4th and etc boosters dont work is because it doesnt generate enough antibodies!
Do they take us for fools or something? No amount of antibodies targeting older strain will protect you from a newer strain that has evolved to get past any previous immune response either from natural immunity or from a vaccine. If that was the case, they would not have to keep designing newer flu shots all the time.

You dont even need to have a high school level of biology to understand this.
The booster was designed for alpha, and omicron is the 15th letter in the greek alphabet, so you can see how many mutations down the line it has been since the first vaccine.
Once this vaccine is out, there will likely be more variants to "worry" about nonetheless, so its a battle you cant win, unless we can get a vaccine out overnight and get it to the whole worlds population at the same time, and even then, there is still chance of it mutating.

(01-02-2022, 10:53 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: 90% is excellent but people still need to understand the need to be vaccinated because that's still our best weapon against the virus.

With the current effectiveness of the current vaccine against omicron, we are all better off dosing up on lots of vitamin C, D, E and zinc, etc.
Not a cure or preventative by any means but at least there is enough science behind it to show it does boost your immune system, even my doctor has been happy to prescribe vitamin D to me and said that many people are requesting it. Many kiwis are surprisingly low in it, even with our high UV exposure, perhaps thats because many use sunblock? Dairy products are supposed to give us lots, along with fish, but my blood test showed it was still on the low side, but the high dose tablets my dr prescribed have bought it up to normal levels. The stuff at the health food shop is not strong enough to do much effect, so talk to your doctor.