Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you reckon?
(25-01-2022, 01:03 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: The thing is that when I say He/She is a so called expert or so called politician or so called whatever, people have to get off their high horse and realise that its only a figure of speech for gods sake, some people need to get a life! There are a lot on here that use figure of speech in their language and I dont have a go at them, or perhaps I should  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"So called" is in fact not a figure of speech, it is an adjective phrase describing a name or description that you think is not really right or suitable. It is almost always derisory and can be defamatory.
it is often times like this when i seek the comfort and gentle serenity of haiku

olive's horse is high
and old fellah is so called
only the horse wins
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(25-01-2022, 12:05 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Looking forward to the cheque Olive...
On no account hold your breath... Big Grin Big Grin Angel

(25-01-2022, 01:37 PM)Olive Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 01:03 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: The thing is that when I say He/She is a so called expert or so called politician or so called whatever, people have to get off their high horse and realise that its only a figure of speech for gods sake, some people need to get a life! There are a lot on here that use figure of speech in their language and I dont have a go at them, or perhaps I should  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

"So called" is in fact not a figure of speech, it is an adjective phrase describing a name or description that you think is not really right or suitable.  It is almost always derisory and can be defamatory.
 It implies that something isn't quite right & the person in question might not be all that they claim to be.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Or maybe its sarcastic  Angel
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
you mean like declaring yourself a bishop?
Please use eftpos when when wanting a reply from Bishop oldfellah
(25-01-2022, 01:37 PM)Olive Wrote:

"So called" is in fact not a figure of speech, it is an adjective phrase describing a name or description that you think is not really right or suitable.  It is almost always derisory and can be defamatory.
THAT'S why I like you! You are a nerd too!! Big Grin

(25-01-2022, 02:28 PM)Magoo Wrote: you mean like declaring yourself a bishop?
Nope.

That is a False Prophet. In these days of plague and pestilence, they are bound to appear...
Ill tell brother Brian on you people
That's okay. Just don't fan boy his hairstyle. Think of the pillowslips.
You have t all wrong, the pillowslip goes OVER his head while sleeping  Cool
(25-01-2022, 03:31 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Ill tell brother Brian on you people
That's apostle Brian! Big Grin

I could call myself an apostle too - we all could, & bishops as well - if it's good enough for his nibs its good enough for everyone. Angel
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(25-01-2022, 03:43 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: You have t all wrong, the pillowslip goes OVER his head while sleeping  Cool
That's your fantasy.

Mine is wayyyyy different... Big Grin
(25-01-2022, 03:54 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 03:43 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: You have t all wrong, the pillowslip goes OVER his head while sleeping  Cool
That's your fantasy.

mmmmmmmmmmmm kinky old tart are we lol
it smells like depends in here

[Image: 5150a54c7860c592f8090cefa90c9435--overni...-names.jpg]
(25-01-2022, 04:03 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(25-01-2022, 03:54 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That's your fantasy.

mmmmmmmmmmmm kinky old tart are we lol
Nahhh, well, not THAT kinky. Tart though? I have been known... Tongue
(24-01-2022, 01:38 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Michael Baker is scaremongering!

Professor Michael Baker is warning that every New Zealander will either get Omicron or know someone who gets it.

The Otago University epidemiologist told Newshub Kiwis have been "very removed from this threat" and he expected to see "tens of thousands of cases" over the next three or four months.
"We will see tens of thousands of cases and unfortunately several hundred deaths in the next three or four months.

I have no faith in these so called experts, they haven't been right once.

I dont trust any of them, especially that pink haired lady...

Its scaremongering at its finest.

Of course everyone will get it, thats a fact, but so does everybody get the flu or common cold.
NZ is lucky to have escaped the worst of the pandemic with the alpha variant, but with omicron its risk to health is dramatically reduced.
He is taking a fact (that you will likely get covid) and turning it into fear.
Whats the point of the vaccine? I know so many fully vaxxed people so petrified of catching this damn virus which in most cases the symptoms are not going to be much worse than the flu.
Why bother trying to scare all of us?
(01-02-2022, 10:50 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(24-01-2022, 01:38 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Michael Baker is scaremongering!

Professor Michael Baker is warning that every New Zealander will either get Omicron or know someone who gets it.

The Otago University epidemiologist told Newshub Kiwis have been "very removed from this threat" and he expected to see "tens of thousands of cases" over the next three or four months.
"We will see tens of thousands of cases and unfortunately several hundred deaths in the next three or four months.

I have no faith in these so called experts, they haven't been right once.

I dont trust any of them, especially that pink haired lady...

Of course everyone will get it, thats a fact, but so does everybody get the flu or common cold.
NZ is lucky to have escaped the worst of the pandemic with the alpha variant, but with omicron its risk to health is dramatically reduced.
Whats the point of the vaccine? I know so many fully vaxxed people so petrified of catching this damn virus which in most cases the symptoms are not going to be much worse than the flu.
Its always so interesting that some just cannot cope with pink hair, & that its virtually the first thing mentioned whenever someone wants to put the boot into Siouxsie Wiles, attempt to discredit her & minimise whatever she says. Dodgy
The reality is that being vaccinated makes excellent sense - & NZ isn't just 'lucky'. Most of us have understood the dangers of covid & done the sensible, reasonable thing & got the vaccination.
Despite the 'experts' making various wildly silly claims about being vaccinated, including one that the 'vaccination makes you magnetic'.

Most of those vaccinated aren't 'petrified of covid', but they may well be petrified of the idiots  among the anti vaxxers who don't mind placing others at risk, since they'd have extremely good cause for that.
(01-02-2022, 11:07 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 10:50 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I dont trust any of them, especially that pink haired lady...

Its always so interesting that some just cannot cope with pink hair, & that its virtually the first thing mentioned whenever someone wants to put the boot into Siouxsie Wiles, attempt to discredit her & minimise whatever she says. Dodgy
The reality is that being vaccinated makes excellent sense - & NZ isn't just 'lucky'. Most of us have understood the dangers of covid & done the sensible, reasonable thing & got the vaccination.
Despite the 'experts' making various wildly silly claims about being vaccinated, including one that the 'vaccination makes you magnetic'.

Most of those vaccinated aren't 'petrified of covid', but they may well be petrified of the idiots  among the anti vaxxers who don't mind placing others at risk, since they'd have extremely good cause for that.
All i hear as the "official" response is that you will be "better off" if your vaxxed and catch omicron, I feel thats a debatable opinion, from the data coming out there currently seems to be little to do difference in severity of symptoms between those vaxxed and unvaxxed who have caught it.
Ive got (vaxxed) friends who dont even want vaxxed people to come near them if they have been in contact with unvaxxed people.
What about when they are shopping at the supermarket?
everything is debatable apparently
even the immutable laws of nature..
(01-02-2022, 11:20 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(01-02-2022, 11:07 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its always so interesting that some just cannot cope with pink hair, & that its virtually the first thing mentioned whenever someone wants to put the boot into Siouxsie Wiles, attempt to discredit her & minimise whatever she says. Dodgy

All i hear as the "official" response is that you will be "better off" if your vaxxed and catch omicron, I feel thats a debatable opinion, from the data coming out there currently seems to be little to do difference in severity of symptoms between those vaxxed and unvaxxed who have caught it.
Ive got (vaxxed) friends who dont even want vaxxed people to come near them if they have been in contact with unvaxxed people.
What about when they are shopping at the supermarket?
https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care...infections

“Because people who are vaccinated have had some immunity, some antibodies, a majority of these breakthrough cases are going to be asymptomatic or mild,” said Dr. Sanghavi. “According to the data, reported by CDC and other publications, it seems like around 25% to 30% of the patients who have had breakthrough infections are completely asymptomatic.
Additionally, “what you’re seeing predominantly is 80% of the patients who have the Omicron variant are unvaccinated and are needing hospitalization,” he said. “That is the reason why everybody should get vaccinated—because even if you are immunosuppressed and get a breakthrough infection, that infection would be mild as compared to a regular infection.”

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/c...accination

"Breakthrough coronavirus infections can cause mild or moderate illness, but the chances of serious COVID-19 are very low, especially for people who are not living with a chronic health condition.

The COVID-19 vaccines are very effective in keeping you from having to go to the hospital, being put on a ventilator or dying due to severe coronavirus disease, including COVID caused by the delta coronavirus variant."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne...w-rcna9469

"Early evidence suggests that for most people, at least those who are up to date on their Covid vaccines, omicron appears to cause milder illness that can resemble the common cold, another form of the coronavirus. "It is clear that if you're vaccinated, particularly if you’ve had a booster, omicron tends to produce milder infections," said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
"What we haven't seen yet is a substantial body of information about what omicron will do in unvaccinated people," he added.
Indeed, at least one person who was not vaccinated is reported to have died of omicron."