Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Campbell slams Poto Williams for lack of progress on home affordability
i wouldnt have thought it utter bs
just misleading, but she may yet school me on this
as i am too lazy to read it.
so pensively for the riposte i shall wait

i was going to say 'patiently' wait
but alas i was not blessed with this gift.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Modern history. Not just history.

And I am still waiting for your ideas on policies that would achieve the ends you claim this government has failed to achieve.

It is fine to critique government success or failure, but if you cannot suggest an alternative then, you are kicking for the sake of kicking...

Which achieves nothing.
(06-02-2022, 02:42 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 01:53 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: You've yet to explain just how Labour is solely responsible for the present housing situation. 

Hardly surprising, since as has been said by several posters now, both Labour & National are responsible due to their policies over the last few decades. Both parties  embraced Neo liberalism, as has happened in some other western countries.
And once again, for the weak of understanding, please point out where I said they are solely responsible? 

They aren't however they ARE RESPONSIBLE for what has occurred in the last 5 years.  They campaigned on houses for all, lower rents and better houses for tennants.  I guess 1 of 3 is OK?

The key from the original clip John Campbell asking the Deputy Minister to say if they were in opposition now what would they be saying?  Going to do my best Lee Child impression:

Williams said nothing.

(05-02-2022, 06:31 PM)king1 Wrote: it's a work in progress but it's happening
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/nz-h...M6W4KVKXA/
So what I see is private enterprise getting on and doing something this government couldn't do - build houses.

Of course bit of a difference between consent and a house actually being built.

Just to throw into the mix - the last 2 Labour Goverments have overseen both the largest increases in house values and rents withe this government overseeing record increases in both.

# 3 "I don't understand how they haven't realised that policies they implemented have created the issue in the first place."

#5 "Yes. Created."

While you didn't say Labour alone was responsible for the housing problem, you did imply that. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(07-02-2022, 10:39 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 02:42 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: And once again, for the weak of understanding, please point out where I said they are solely responsible? 

They aren't however they ARE RESPONSIBLE for what has occurred in the last 5 years.  They campaigned on houses for all, lower rents and better houses for tennants.  I guess 1 of 3 is OK?

The key from the original clip John Campbell asking the Deputy Minister to say if they were in opposition now what would they be saying?  Going to do my best Lee Child impression:

Williams said nothing.

So what I see is private enterprise getting on and doing something this government couldn't do - build houses.

Of course bit of a difference between consent and a house actually being built.

Just to throw into the mix - the last 2 Labour Goverments have overseen both the largest increases in house values and rents withe this government overseeing record increases in both.

# 3 "I don't understand how they haven't realised that policies they implemented have created the issue in the first place."

#5 "Yes. Created."

While you didn't say Labour alone was responsible for the housing problem, you did imply that. Dodgy
No that was your understanding of what I said.  And yes rent increases and property increases, the largest ever BTW, in the last 5 years are all from Labour policies.
pesky alternate facts
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup