Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They havent changed
I think anti-vaxers fall into one, probably more, of these groups: the terminally stupid, people who dislike government and authority, natural living exponents (described by Billy Connolly as "knitting their own yoghurt"), the mentally unwell, scared folk who want to believe the pandemic isn't real, conspiracy theorists, people looking for a fight, the rudderless looking for direction, the lonely wanting to be part of a group, the gullible.

Those parents who put their kids on the front line to hold placards should be ashamed.
(12-02-2022, 06:50 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: I think anti-vaxers fall into one, probably more, of these groups:  the terminally stupid, people who dislike government and authority, natural living exponents (described by Billy Connolly as "knitting their own yoghurt"), the mentally unwell, scared folk who want to believe the pandemic isn't real, conspiracy theorists, people looking for a fight, the rudderless looking for direction, the lonely wanting to be part of a group, the gullible.

Those parents who put their kids on the front line to hold placards should be ashamed.
i think youve covered all of them except the bitter incels.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(12-02-2022, 06:50 PM)Underwhelmed Wrote: I think anti-vaxers fall into one, probably more, of these groups:  the terminally stupid, people who dislike government and authority, natural living exponents (described by Billy Connolly as "knitting their own yoghurt"), the mentally unwell, scared folk who want to believe the pandemic isn't real, conspiracy theorists, people looking for a fight, the rudderless looking for direction, the lonely wanting to be part of a group, the gullible.

Probably right about those categories for anti-vaxers but many of them apply equally to the other ragtag collection of discontents and trouble makers currently paddling round in front of parliament. The right wing organisation who has hijacked that protest have a fertile crowd of impressionable minds to indoctrinate with their propaganda.
Oh joy - a group of protesters have under cover of night, set up in central CHCH. In Cranmer square which is quite small, & residential.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...ristchurch
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
cant let the mainlanders off the hook
their stupid, under educated and arrogant wankers have every right to show what a bunch of arseholes they are.
they might even be dumber than the north island fuckwit. best we keep them apart on their own islands, they probably shouldnt breed. god only knows what mutant offspring they would farrow.
and once again, they do the "softly softly" approach, and to hell with the rights of the residents who have to live next door to it. its not fair to have people feel unsafe in their own homes or being abused as they go about their daily lives of work and school.
as for the idiots that are dragging their kids along, they should be investigated for neglect and endangerment.

its time the police were allowed to do their job... protect the law abiding members of the public and disperse the trouble makers.
And now, some are objecting on 'religious grounds' to being vaccinated. Because once, long ago aborted foetal cells were used in developing vaccine - & despite the fact that there are a grand total of zero foetal cells in the vaccine.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/...high-court

"A religious objection to the Covid-19 vaccine by police and defence force personnel is part of a new challenge to the mandate in the High Court.

The basis of their objection is about the use of aborted fetal cells.

The cells, collected decades ago, are used to grow cells that the vaccines are tested on. There are no fetal cells in the vaccine."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
they really dont care who they infect.
they are fighting tooth and nail to weasel out of it.
they hate that they are being restricted access to places the rest of us can enjoy
but its not them that can catch anything off us
its that our vulnerable that can catch it off them.
get vaccinated
join society.
I still think that many of the anti-vaxxers were originally simply frightened of needles and looking around for reasons to validate their fear. This brought them into contact with conspiracy theories and down the rabbit hole they went never to return.

The people I really admire are those with needle-phobia who have managed their fears and done the right thing.
So after everything, it appears that Simon Bridges was right on the money:
Coster is a woke pussy.
Police have proven to be powerless. We must be the laughing stock of Police worldwide.
Can only imagine how the Aussie cops would have dealt with it.