Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Protesters being moved
national treasures?

[Image: d88e8667-7169-3ccb-bfad-bbcb57e95669?wid...ht=630&v=2]
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(07-03-2022, 10:47 AM)Magoo Wrote: national treasures?

[Image: d88e8667-7169-3ccb-bfad-bbcb57e95669?wid...ht=630&v=2]
Dunno about "treasures' but they're definitely a bit 'special' if they actually thought they could bring about parliament closing. Big Grin Angel Big Grin

"Earlier on Sunday, a bus full of anti-Covid mandate protesters arrived at the Government House gates – beside the Basin Reserve in Wellington – where they called on Dame Cindy to dissolve Parliament.
Government House spokeswoman Nerina Bennett confirmed the governor-general had no plans to dissolve Parliament as a result of the protest action. Even if Dame Cindy wanted to dissolve Parliament, this would need to be done on advice from Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern"
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
and then got all bolshy and bent out of shape when no one wanted to play their silly game
(07-03-2022, 02:11 PM)Magoo Wrote: and then got all bolshy and bent out of shape when no one wanted to play their silly game
I don't think situations like that are likely to get worse unless a way can be found to make it easier for people to understand what's misinformation & what's reality - how that could be done, I've no idea but perhaps higher education standards might help.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(07-03-2022, 02:31 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 02:11 PM)Magoo Wrote: and then got all bolshy and bent out of shape when no one wanted to play their silly game
I don't think situations like that are likely to get worse unless a way can be found to make it easier for people to understand what's misinformation & what's reality - how that could be done, I've no idea but perhaps higher education standards might help.
cutting off access to the internet would bring it all to a grinding conclusion.
alas there is no measure for stupidity so no test we can apply to help those gullible and desperate few that get sucked in.
had we known of the disconnect between reality and their minds, we could have pre-empted some of the foolishness.
Bring back conscription, stick them in the Army for a few years or would that be a bad idea giving guns to idiots?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(07-03-2022, 02:57 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Bring back conscription, stick them in the Army for a few years or would that be a bad idea giving guns to idiots?
It might train them to run an insurrection effectively. Someone I know suggested concentration camps....
I do have other cameras!
(07-03-2022, 05:43 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 02:57 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Bring back conscription, stick them in the Army for a few years or would that be a bad idea giving guns to idiots?
It might train them to run an insurrection effectively. Someone I know suggested concentration camps....
shhhh, theyre 're-education camps'
Really? Do we seriously want such gullible people to have access to weapons training & various types of combat??
(07-03-2022, 02:31 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: perhaps higher education standards might help.

I think it's more complicated than that. I personally know three people who have gone down the rabbithole big time, all of them well educated. 1. Tertiary education, professional language teacher, Qanon believer including satanic rituals and paedophile rings. 2. Family member, Bachelor degree, retired school teacher, loathes the PM so much that she sees the occupation of Parliament as a sensible act of socially responsible humans. 3. Husband of #2, sixth form education, anything for a quiet life so now loathes the PM and all who defend her.
one of the guys i work with is also a staunch anti-vaxxer, despite that stance meaning he cannot attend his daughters military graduation, attend his old gym, and all the rest. he is former british naval intelligence, very highly intelligent as such a role would require, and fluent in at least 7 languages. he bitches about being considered a second class citizen, due to his vax status.

he turned up yesterday and said he was around 3 kids with omicron, and "they just had colds and were running around". he doesnt seem to understand that kids get away with illnesses for the most part, that its the folk with low immunity that will pay the price in the end. folks like our bosses dad who has just finished intense chemo treatment, our other boss who is pregnant or any one else on the team who has vulnerable people at home.

i would class the rest of the floor staff as average intelligence... high school education, dont think any of the guys would have carried on to uni, yet they are all fully jabbed and boosted.
Interesting article on Stuff this morning pointing out the results of a substantial research project that examined the brains of covid patients in recovery. A six percent reduction in brain size in the cerebellum - the thinking part was common as was significant changes in the pathways that link smell and memory...

Similar changes to those seen in dementia patients.
That's got to be worrying for the future, as those people recover from covid.