Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I was wrong
it will last until vlad says so
its not a democracy
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
(28-02-2022, 02:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Some Russian politicians are against the invasion of Ukraine, as are various others. Its clearly not something which many Russians want.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...e-invasion

Mikhail Matveyev, a member of the State Duma, called on the Kremlin on Saturday to stop the invasion.

“By voting to recognise the independence of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, I voted for peace, not a war. For Russia to become a shield for the Donbas, not for bombing Kyiv,” he said.
Another MP, Communist Oleg Smolin, said on Friday he was “shocked” by the invasion and was sorry for the loss of life.

Their statements came amid a myriad of anti-war petitions from Russian teachers, scientists and doctors."
Lets hope those MPs dont suddenly disappear never to be heard from again!
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(28-02-2022, 03:19 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(28-02-2022, 02:27 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Some Russian politicians are against the invasion of Ukraine, as are various others. Its clearly not something which many Russians want.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300...e-invasion

Mikhail Matveyev, a member of the State Duma, called on the Kremlin on Saturday to stop the invasion.

“By voting to recognise the independence of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, I voted for peace, not a war. For Russia to become a shield for the Donbas, not for bombing Kyiv,” he said.
Another MP, Communist Oleg Smolin, said on Friday he was “shocked” by the invasion and was sorry for the loss of life.

Their statements came amid a myriad of anti-war petitions from Russian teachers, scientists and doctors."
Lets hope those MPs dont suddenly disappear never to be heard from again!
That has to be a possibility - Putin seems ruthless. It would be an excellent outcome if some of his cronies decided he's just gone too far & 'retire' him, hopefully replacing him with someone less brutal & more reasonable.
But that's probably wishing for the moon.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Some very enlightening insights into Putin in this interview. Just over an hour long but an enthralling watch.

At least the civilians get to have fun playing with the abandoned tanks...
I bet alot of this abandoned weaponry will make its way back to the armed forces of ukraine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarRepor...edium=mweb
Ok what I dont understand except showing solidarity by not drinking Russian Vodka, all bottles are being pulled off shelves but why, these bottles have already been paid for, would it not be better to sell them and to recoup the money and send it to the Ukraine? Then what will hurt most is not to buy more and replenish stocks .... just my thoughts.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(28-02-2022, 03:18 PM)Magoo Wrote: it will last until vlad says so
its not a democracy
Yeah or until he is killed.No doubt very hard man to track though.
(28-02-2022, 08:15 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Something occurred to me in the small hours. We are all very exercised about Putin and the Ukraine, but we don't seem nearly as interested in the continuing slaughter and mayhem that goes on every day in several African nations.

(27-02-2022, 06:04 PM)harm_less Wrote: A lot of chatter about Putin's state of health and its potential infuencing factors on his actions in the conflict. His 'puffy' facial appearance of late and his paranoia towards contracting COVID raise suspicions of cancer or other serious health issues, and if he has fears regarding his mortality is he potentially at risk of planning to 'go out with a bang' as his parting shot on humanity? Nothing to lose isn't a great mindset for a mentally unstable autocrat.
Russia has some serious medical experimentation going on with stem cell research and the like. When I noticed his face I wondered if he is getting help with anti aging support.
Seems there might be some basis for the rumours about Putin's health: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/russia-ukraine-war-putin-constantly-followed-by-thyroid-cancer-doctor-bathes-in-deer-antlers/EZ62MPOMDI3UPZLIMUNGRMVWZY/