Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Protesters being moved
doddery old fool was lucky not to get a tent pole between the ears.
that would have stung.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
Anyway, I don't care who did what, who sprayed who with whatever or anything else now.
That unruly mob of pond life have been seen off and can slither back under the rocks they came from - after they pay their fines or see their vehicles impounded and sold for reparations.
The deplorables in Picton are packing up voluntarily and scuttling off with their tails between their legs like the cowards they are, - before the locals dealt to them.
The world is a better place.
Tongue 
And then there's the humourous fallout from yesterday's clearing of the protest:
https://twitter.com/AndreAlessi/status/1...9339267073 Big Grin 

[Image: FM4OrgsaIAAtRsg?format=jpg&name=medium]
(03-03-2022, 02:37 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Video from inside Parliament camp shows protesters started first Parliament fire

https://tinyurl.com/y7egxegj

Especially for you CT
Thats an interesting video to watch, doesnt show the fire on the playground in question however, but these actions are not acceptable, this appears to be started by the "antifa" thugs. (see the people in balaclavas and scarves round their faces) Those guys fled the scene after the fires were started im told. By this stage, most of the peaceful protesters had already left the scene.

I think this video may be shot by Chantelle Baker, going by her voice i recognize.

Notice at the start how you can hear some telling everyone not to start throwing stuff at the police, there was definitely a bad element down there that does not reflect on the rest of the protesters.

Not too sure how the fire started in this video, but possibly a gas stove was running inside the tent from what ive heard.
Its hard to make out in this video if it was delibrately started, but appears to have started in a tent and then those masked guys are throwing more stuff into the fire to make it grow.

Would be good if there is footage around how the playground set fire. There was definitely more than one or two fires alight.
(03-03-2022, 02:10 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 01:58 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Have another look - prior to his being on the ground, about 5 seconds in. He can clearly be seen hitting a cop from behind.
I see him grabbing a cop, not hitting him, he was unarmed and fairly frail I would expect.
It appears he was trying to protect the woman on the ground that was being beaten.
They could have just pushed him back with his shield, no need to give him blows to the head, it lookes like he was knocked out cold. Very upsetting to watch.

(03-03-2022, 02:00 PM)Magoo Wrote:
bahahahaha, wanted their jobs back. thats hilarious.

i didnt see anyone employable amongst all that riffraff.
in 23 days i dont think many work days were lost, if any.
There were cops interviewed on TV that lost their job due to mandates, now they got them back after the police had their mandates dropped.

Where was the one law for all?
I dont believe many police were involved in the protest, they were counting on their mandates being dropped and didnt want to risk anything by attending the protest.
"I see him grabbing a cop, not hitting him, he was unarmed and fairly frail I would expect.

It appears he was trying to protect the woman on the ground that was being beaten."

Its impossible to see who is on the ground. He pushed/hit a cop from behind. Rolleyes Dodgy

in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-03-2022, 03:01 PM)king1 Wrote: ANTIFA just looks like one more group of idiots to add to the already 6 or 7 groups at the protest - not sure why or how that changes anything. 

Maybe the implication is that the original "peaceful" protesters feel robbed of their chance to achieve meaningful gains for their own cause because the protest itself was hijacked...
The problem is that any kind of protest typically attracts various groups with different agendas that want to wreak havoc.

There may be a bunch of anti mandate protesters there, but just because another group joins them doesnt mean they all share the same views.
Its sad really, because things were largely peaceful with the majority, but it only takes a few to ruin it for everyone.
(03-03-2022, 03:43 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 02:37 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Video from inside Parliament camp shows protesters started first Parliament fire

https://tinyurl.com/y7egxegj

Especially for you CT
Thats an interesting video to watch, doesnt show the fire on the playground in question however, but these actions are not acceptable, this appears to be started by the "antifa" thugs. (see the people in balaclavas and scarves round their faces) Those guys fled the scene after the fires were started im told. By this stage, most of the peaceful protesters had already left the scene.

I think this video may be shot by Chantelle Baker, going by her voice i recognize.

Notice at the start how you can hear some telling everyone not to start throwing stuff at the police, there was definitely a bad element down there that does not reflect on the rest of the protesters.

Not too sure how the fire started in this video, but possibly a gas stove was running inside the tent from what ive heard.
Its hard to make out in this video if it was delibrately started, but appears to have started in a tent and then those masked guys are throwing more stuff into the fire to make it grow.

Would be good if there is footage around how the playground set fire. There was definitely more than one or two fires alight.
you are going to great pains to make a distinction, but i am not too sure that anyone really cares whether they were aligned with ANTIFA or any of the other idiot groups there.  They all chose to protest and wreak havoc, they are all collectively responsible...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
the people weren't behind it
no one supported it
it was just a collective of disenfranchised fringe elements.
public opinion was indifferent at first, but the protesters soon made people angry.

there would not be many people watching the police move in that felt felt any kinship with the rabble,
or bear malice towards the police for the action they finally took.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
@C_T_Russell
If you provided a link to this footage of the police overturning a generator and setting fire to the playground that you have mentioned with certainty, it would help a little with the credibility of some your posts...

(03-03-2022, 03:55 PM)king1 Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 03:43 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Thats an interesting video to watch, doesnt show the fire on the playground in question however, but these actions are not acceptable, this appears to be started by the "antifa" thugs. (see the people in balaclavas and scarves round their faces) Those guys fled the scene after the fires were started im told. By this stage, most of the peaceful protesters had already left the scene.

you are going to great pains to make a distinction, but i am not too sure that anyone really cares whether they were aligned with ANTIFA or any of the other idiot groups there.  They all chose to protest and wreak havoc, they are all collectively responsible...
Thats not true, you can hear people in the video telling them to stop. Looked like at least one person was trying to pull stuff away to stop it catching fire.
They didnt all choose to wreak havoc, but by the time the fire started, the majority remaining were of that kind that were to blame, as I said, most of the peaceful people had left.

(03-03-2022, 04:10 PM)king1 Wrote: @C_T_Russell
If you  provided a link to this footage of the police overturning a generator and setting fire to the playground that you have mentioned with certainty, it would help a little with the credibility of some your posts...
I dont have said footage, But I believe there is evidence out there, I will ask round and see if anyone has got it. There were enough people out there with smartphones filming and im sure police would like to press charges on those responsible.
i'm sure it will all come out in the next few days - it doesn't pay to believe everything you see or hear in social media and online, it is mostly bullshit.

MSM might be moderately tainted left or right by the influence of owners and donors, but the other stuff is totally tainted by wacko beliefs and probably wacko drugs...

(03-03-2022, 04:41 PM)king1 Wrote: i'm sure it will all come out in the next few days - it doesn't pay to believe everything you see or hear in social media and online, it is mostly bullshit. 

MSM might be moderately tainted left or right by the influence of owners and donors, but the other stuff is totally tainted by wacko beliefs and probably wacko drugs...
Agreed, there is so much BS out there its not funny.
It blows me away how people can get so heated up and emotional over beliefs that a vaccine that has microchips inside and 5G controls them, they clearly are driven to believe it and they are in tears over it when you hear them speaking.

OTOH, I also see people that are emotional who have had a family loss or personal injury to the vaccine and want their voice heard.
I feel that there is a level of genuine concern over health effects that has been unheard.

There definitely was a number of people speaking there who had claims of vaccine injuries, some of them will be genuine.

Oh, and I just saw this on newshub about the old guy who was beaten, looks like they approached police for comment.
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...ficer.html

I believe he is in hospital with a serious fracture, will see if i can verify this.
As distressing as his injuries are, it's all on him - he had ample opportunity to vacate the area and did not. He didn't have to assault the police officer, yet he chose to.

Algorithms and personalisation codes are a deliberate strategy designed to provide searchers with the information and sites that reinforce their preferences - it is a marketing tool that is all about selling to the right buyers. So the average Joe Bloggs has no hope of finding information that disturbs their preconceptions, or counters their prejudices. Your past searches are scanned for keywords by the machine mind, and selections are offered based on those keywords.

Rabbit holes.

Unless you know how to counter those codes and break free to the carefully fenced off alternatives the poorly educated will always be sucked in by the increasingly ugly radicalisation of the net. Might not be their fault, but the damage is being done. And it is escalating.

Awareness, is half the battle.
(03-03-2022, 04:56 PM)king1 Wrote: As distressing as his injuries are, it's all on him - he had ample opportunity to vacate the area and did not.  He didn't have to assault the police officer, yet he chose to.
That actually happened quite early on in the day, was still the morning.
It got much, much worse and wasnt until the afternoon when things got really ugly.
Im not sure what time the police arrived and started to kick everyone out.
I got the feeling things were going to get bad a day or two prior when they smashed up the toilet and showers in the middle of the night.
(02-03-2022, 02:02 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: After 23 days, they've made any point they might have had & have managed to piss off most of the country thanks to some of the idiots among them who veer towards racism, & those who give every indication of being sorely in need of mental health help.
Once they made it clear that they weren't inclined to be reasonable & bugger off, it was just a matter of time before they were cleared out.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/03/02/live-...arliament/

"A white, cloudy substance has been thrown on officers. At least three have been injured.

- A number of protesters have been affected by pepper spray. There are concerns for the wellbeing of children at the protest.

Live updates:

2.37pm: Police hold the same position as they clear Aitken and Hill streets, tow trucks are continuing to protester's tow vehicles.

1.55pm: Revisiting Police Commissioner Andrew Coster's stand-up from earlier. His full statement released just before 1.30pm reveals more of the offences protesters have been arrested for.

They include wilful damage, assaults police, possession of a weapon and refusing to provide identifying details.

Coster earlier said today's operation was brought on due to "an escalation in concerning behaviour" from those still present in Wellington."

I wonder if Russell Coutts is proud to be associated with that mob?
(03-03-2022, 05:17 PM)Outsider Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 02:02 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: After 23 days, they've made any point they might have had & have managed to piss off most of the country thanks to some of the idiots among them who veer towards racism, & those who give every indication of being sorely in need of mental health help.
Once they made it clear that they weren't inclined to be reasonable & bugger off, it was just a matter of time before they were cleared out.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2022/03/02/live-...arliament/

"A white, cloudy substance has been thrown on officers. At least three have been injured.

- A number of protesters have been affected by pepper spray. There are concerns for the wellbeing of children at the protest.

Live updates:

2.37pm: Police hold the same position as they clear Aitken and Hill streets, tow trucks are continuing to protester's tow vehicles.

1.55pm: Revisiting Police Commissioner Andrew Coster's stand-up from earlier. His full statement released just before 1.30pm reveals more of the offences protesters have been arrested for.

They include wilful damage, assaults police, possession of a weapon and refusing to provide identifying details.

Coster earlier said today's operation was brought on due to "an escalation in concerning behaviour" from those still present in Wellington."

I wonder if Russell Coutts is proud to be associated with that mob?
That is an interesting point - he might not be quite so keen to identify with them now. Wink
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The thing about blaming 'a few who ruin it for all' is it reflects the way most of Wellington, and possibly the rest of us felt about the protesters. They weren't a peaceful protest - the Children's March was peaceful, Wellington was a debacle. The moment disrespect was shown for that sacred ground anyone with any real values would have walked away. Nothing is ever achieved by offending the silent majority...
(03-03-2022, 08:36 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The thing about blaming 'a few who ruin it for all' is it reflects the way most of Wellington, and possibly the rest of us felt about the protesters. They weren't a peaceful protest - the Children's March was peaceful, Wellington was a debacle. The moment disrespect was shown for that sacred ground anyone with any real values would have walked away. Nothing is ever achieved by offending the silent majority...
And in particular once they used part of the Cenotaph to support a loo or shower & scrawled slogans on it, any small approval they may have had until that point would have vanished for many people.
Had they not done that, not abused passers by, not included nazis & CT believers, not made such a godawful mess of things generally then they may have gained far more support

Its all a vivid contrast to earlier protests here.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1279420...ament-riot
(03-03-2022, 03:55 PM)king1 Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 03:43 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Thats an interesting video to watch, doesnt show the fire on the playground in question however, but these actions are not acceptable, this appears to be started by the "antifa" thugs. (see the people in balaclavas and scarves round their faces) Those guys fled the scene after the fires were started im told. By this stage, most of the peaceful protesters had already left the scene.

Think Russell has a good point that they weren't all mongrels as can be heard in the video.
People still have a right to protest, pity
their gentle protest was upset by some that have nothing literally to live for.