Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Will Smith smacks Chris Rock after remark about his wife
mr smith has fallen on his sword in a suitably contrite public apology.
i expected no less.
proving something grandad used to say
'its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission'

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/ce...-was-wrong
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye
if anyone is interested in what really goes on in scientology have a look at the series

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6244192/

A real eye opener...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
At the very least, Scientology is an excellent reason why churches should not have tax exemption.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
These actors receive so much money its disgusting, it adds to their ego that they can do anything they want, say anything they want and when it all turns to custard they wonder why.
Will Smith, never have liked him at all, Chris Rock, never heard of him.
The oscars is an American load of rubbish as far as im concerned.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(29-03-2022, 01:53 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: These actors receive so much money its disgusting, it adds to their ego that they can do anything they want, say anything they want and when it all turns to custard they wonder why.
Will Smith, never have liked him at all, Chris Rock, never heard of him.
well, i think mr smith put paid to the 'get away with anything' part last night.
mr rock had to pay a small penalty

Quote:oldfellah
which is why we sent one of our women over there to win it.
(29-03-2022, 01:32 PM)king1 Wrote: if anyone is interested in what really goes on in scientology have a look at the series

A real eye opener...

Ive watched the whole series, they also covered the Jehovahs Witnesses also and there are alot of similarities...

(28-03-2022, 06:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-28/w.../100944638

Perhaps not in the best of taste, but did he deserve that smack in the face? Will Smith later apologised  to the academy for hitting him but not to Chris Rock.

I think the nasty little shit deserved it. Though probably not the best time & place to do that.
Not defending Will Smith, but no form of verbal abuse is acceptable and Chris Rock started it.
The whole thing obviously escalated from there.

It appears his wife was not happy and was rolling her eyes.
I really wonder how much he has had to put up with this matter over the years and perhaps it just drove him to breaking point?

Chris made fun of his wifes condition at her expense to generate some laughs.
This sort of thing needs to stop and is sadly seen too far with comedy these days.

We dont know what was going on in Wills head, but he clearly lost it.
Quote:ctrussel
i might offer you some insight on that, his reaction being what mine would have been.

he never lost anything. he covered enough ground to have stopped at any time.
bro was in control, breaking into his dinner to teach mr rock a lesson in civility, politeness and respect.
mr rock chose the venue.
he might not like mr rock, and was waiting for the opportunity to present itself. mr rock obliged and was duly given his come uppance.

100 years ago mr rock would have lost the back of his skull to a superior marksman mr smith in a duel at dawn.
he lucked out with a slap.
(30-03-2022, 12:25 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(29-03-2022, 01:32 PM)king1 Wrote: if anyone is interested in what really goes on in scientology have a look at the series

A real eye opener...

Ive watched the whole series, they also covered the Jehovahs Witnesses also and there are alot of similarities...

(28-03-2022, 06:30 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-28/w.../100944638

Perhaps not in the best of taste, but did he deserve that smack in the face? Will Smith later apologised  to the academy for hitting him but not to Chris Rock.

I think the nasty little shit deserved it. Though probably not the best time & place to do that.
Not defending Will Smith, but no form of verbal abuse is acceptable and Chris Rock started it.

I really wonder how much he has had to put up with this matter over the years and perhaps it just drove him to breaking point?

This sort of thing needs to stop and is sadly seen too far with comedy these days.

Interesting, that you attempt to make it her fault. Dodgy

I wonder how many women over how many centuries have had precisely this kind of insensitive, cruel remark directed at them from how many immature boys who enjoy demeaning women under the guise of a 'joke'.

And if they complain about it, they can expect the usual reactions:
"its just a joke"
"can't you take a joke?"
"You have no sense of humour"
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
id be surprised if mr rock pressed charges.
he knows he got schooled.
it was nothing more than a wee lesson in boundaries and consequences.

Quote:lillith

Interesting, that you attempt to make it her fault.
i did not take that from ct's post.
(30-03-2022, 01:40 PM)Magoo Wrote: id be surprised if mr rock pressed charges.
he knows he got schooled.
it was nothing more than a wee lesson in boundaries and consequences.

Quote:lillith

Interesting, that you attempt to make it her fault.
i did not take that from ct's post.

I was going by this comment, wondering how much Will Smith has had to put up with:

"It appears his wife was not happy and was rolling her eyes.

I really wonder how much he has had to put up with this matter over the years and perhaps it just drove him to breaking point?"
oh, i see.
i read it differently.
'i wonder how much he has had to put up with' was how much shit he/she had to take in the past from the public, or comedians, trolls etc about her hair.

'not happy and rolling her eyes.'
she took it better than mr smith
who wasnt putting up with any of mr rocks bullahit tonite.

perhaps ct could clear that up for us, the misogynistic cur that he is.

mr rock cannot be compared to mr gervais.
mr gervais operates on a much higher plane.
(30-03-2022, 01:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 12:25 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Ive watched the whole series, they also covered the Jehovahs Witnesses also and there are alot of similarities...

Interesting, that you attempt to make it her fault. Dodgy

I wonder how many women over how many centuries have had precisely this kind of insensitive, cruel remark directed at them from how many immature boys who enjoy demeaning women under the guise of a 'joke'.

"its just a joke"
"can't you take a joke?"
I suspect that is what would have been the default position had the two upped and walked out.
It is the 21st century. How much longer are we supposed to suck up ill natured pokes at our physical identities?
(30-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 01:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Interesting, that you attempt to make it her fault. Dodgy

"its just a joke"
"can't you take a joke?"
I suspect that is what would have been the default position had the two upped and walked out.
It is the 21st century. How much longer are we supposed to suck up ill natured pokes at our physical identities?

Exactly - the old 'can't you take a joke' is threadbare from overuse, & if women behaved in that same way, I suspect that it wouldn't be appreciated either.
(30-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 01:37 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Interesting, that you attempt to make it her fault. Dodgy

"its just a joke"
"can't you take a joke?"
we're not allowed to react? no one told me.

that explains a whole bunch of things.
(30-03-2022, 02:09 PM)Magoo Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I suspect that is what would have been the default position had the two upped and walked out.
we're not allowed to react? no one told me.

I can't see anyone saying that.

It was a hurtful, ill considered & tactless remark, which was made very publicly.
(30-03-2022, 06:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(30-03-2022, 02:09 PM)Magoo Wrote: we're not allowed to react? no one told me.

I can't see anyone saying that.

It was a hurtful, ill considered & tactless remark, which was made very publicly.
i was beiing factious facetius  facetios flippant
(30-03-2022, 01:55 PM)Magoo Wrote: oh, i see.
i read it differently.
'i wonder how much he has had to put up with' was how much shit he/she had to take in the past from the public, or comedians, trolls etc about her hair.

'not happy and rolling her eyes.'
she took it better than mr smith
who wasnt putting up with any of mr rocks bullahit tonite.

perhaps ct could clear that up for us, the misogynistic cur that he is.

mr rock cannot be compared to mr gervais.
mr gervais operates on a much higher plane.
Seriously, you think im misogynistic?
I think its more Chris Rock thats misogynistic lol

Anyway, what I was getting at was that it appears that Will smith has witnessed his wife numerous times face the bad end of jokes or other mockery over the years.
He was clearly hurt and pissed off over how his wife was treated, numerous posts on social media seem to suggest this, but who knows.

The way it looks was that Will was simply sticking up for her wife and had had enough, he reacted to verbal abuse with a physical retaliation.
Obviously not the best way to handle it, but he didnt start it, rather escalated it to something even more serious.
Quote:ctrussell
Seriously, you think im misogynistic?
I think its more Chris Rock thats misogynistic lol
no, was just winding you up.
youre probably not a 'cur' either, but i try not to get hung up on details.

Quote:Anyway, what I was getting at was that it appears that Will smith has witnessed his wife numerous times face the bad end of jokes or other mockery over the years.
as i thought.
You know something though, there is a difference between a slap, and a king hit, or an attempt to strangle an opponent. No one had to drag Will off Chris to save him, Will walked up to him, slapped him once, and walked away. Certainly it was physical, and confronting, and probably assault, but honestly? A certain NZ horseman was more violent with a whip recently...

And the horse hadn't insulted anyone.
yes, and it was a only a 'bitch slap', with open palm
not to be confused with a 'pimp slap', where the back of the hand is used.

hey, i dont name this shit ok, just sharing my encyclopaedic knowledge of insulting behaviour is all.