Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emission reduction plan - yay or nay?
(20-05-2022, 08:32 AM)king1 Wrote:
(20-05-2022, 01:16 AM)joe 90 Wrote: All you gas  users will have to fork out  $$$ for new electric HWC &  cookers    &  heaters    soon      & no more LPG  so no more BBQs      happy    with that  ?    EV  charging      combined with  all  industry & commercial  buildings  now  going    electric  for heating&  water  heating  is    going to  be  huge extra load on  power  supply  .    Retail power  cos will  love it      & ramp up  prices  as no competition  from  gas  anymore  .
last I heard they were just stopping new connections in 2025, delivery of gas isn't stopping anytime soon.  and I believe the small 9kg bottles are excluded so BBQs are absolutely still happening...

This article seems to confirm this

https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/clim...onnections
Also every electricity price rise serves to make domestic solar generation (PV) more viable. I'm still frustrated to see no mention of PV incentivisation in either the Emission Reduction Plan or the Budget. It just makes so much sense in reducing household energy costs and emmissions (by offsetting Huntly coal burn) but I guess the government is too married to the major generators and their public shareholders to move on PV.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emission reduction plan - yay or nay? - by harm_less - 20-05-2022, 10:19 AM