Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That kiwisaver thing this week
Big Grin 
Always interesting when the media actually does what they are supposed to do and looks underneath the events of the day to see what the real story is...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion...-mortgages
(03-09-2022, 09:09 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Always interesting when the media actually does what they are supposed to do and looks underneath the events of the day to see what the real story is...

Sometimes a govt wakes up in the nick of time & avoids making a disastrous mistake. For which they're criticised, & fairly so.

I'm not sure what it is but something about Nicola Willis reminds me strongly of Ruth Richardson, never a good thing.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-09-2022, 09:09 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Always interesting when the media actually does what they are supposed to do and looks underneath the events of the day to see what the real story is...

And some media does it better than others https://thekaka.substack.com/p/the-anato...s?#details
I think Ms Ardern and her government have done irreparable damage to their party, stealthily and sneakingly trying to put one over on the rank and file (us) this wont be forgotten come election time.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(04-09-2022, 08:35 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I think Ms Ardern and her government have done irreparable damage to their party, stealthily and sneakingly trying to put one over on the rank and file (us) this wont be forgotten come election time.
You've been reading Duplicity Allen!
I do have other cameras!
(05-09-2022, 07:55 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 08:35 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I think Ms Ardern and her government have done irreparable damage to their party, stealthily and sneakingly trying to put one over on the rank and file (us) this wont be forgotten come election time.
You've been reading Duplicity Allen!
Hahaha I had to Google that name as I wondered who you were on about, then felt like a turkey when the penny dropped of who it was ... good oneĀ  Yes
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(05-09-2022, 10:19 AM)Oldfellah Wrote: Hahaha I had to Google that name as I wondered who you were on about, then felt like a turkey when the penny dropped of who it was ... good oneĀ  Yes

Me too. Good name for her.

I think we have reached the period when all decisions will be based on what they think voters will vote for - the political silly season. As far as GST on financial fees goes, it should be all or none, like everything else. Overall I'd say not. Partly to keep it simple - adding complexity to those charging the fees will just cost more overall - and partly because increasing the fees on peoples borrowing and lending just makes it more expensive for those who need those services the most.
Clever of the Nats to jump on the Give Her a Kicking bandwagon after suffering a senior moment on the fact they raided kiwisaver not once, but twice...
(05-09-2022, 11:02 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Clever of the Nats to jump on the Give Her a Kicking bandwagon after suffering a senior moment on the fact they raided kiwisaver not once, but twice...
I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure that they didn't want anyone to mention that.... Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(05-09-2022, 11:46 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:02 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Clever of the Nats to jump on the Give Her a Kicking bandwagon after suffering a senior moment on the fact they raided kiwisaver not once, but twice...
I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure that they didn't want anyone to mention that.... Rolleyes Big Grin

Of course they will be hoping to avoid that memory, but at the moment they did the right thing - oppose. They are the opposition party and it's their job to oppose which they did very effectively this time. maybe starting to learn how.
(06-09-2022, 09:52 AM)SueDonim Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:46 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure that they didn't want anyone to mention that.... Rolleyes Big Grin

Of course they will be hoping to avoid that memory, but at the moment they did the right thing - oppose. They are the opposition party and it's their job to oppose which they did very effectively this time. maybe starting to learn how.
Imo, any party in opposition should be doing that, opposing, rather than finding fault with anything proposed by the party in govt. And they should all have far more maturity, & learn to put aside differences when needed & work together for the good of the country.
Which is also their job
(06-09-2022, 09:52 AM)SueDonim Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:46 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure that they didn't want anyone to mention that.... Rolleyes Big Grin

Not bad going after 5 years.