Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A holiday to mark the Queen's death?
(12-09-2022, 07:33 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Yeah, my boss is one of them. ''What about ME !'' he says. Typical narcissus, it's all about them.  He's paying me for 3 days off this week...my holidays and I have too many banked up, too much money he'd have to fork out if I left.  Why should I have to take holidays when it's shitty weather like this ?

Anyway, I don't care, but he and other moaners love to see how unfair life is to them.

well instead of moaning about your boss why dont you start a business , laugh all the way to the bank like the other "moaners"
yes i know
I'm not moaning about him, just saying he's moaning about others...as in the last line you quoted. Been there, done that with a business - yeah, it's tough paying a days pay with no money coming in for that day. But that's part of being in business.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(12-09-2022, 03:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Damn - title should read mark rather than make!

While this is being considered & Australia has decided to give their people the day off on the day pf the national memorial service, this is not a good idea in NZ according to ACT, because it 'will be too expensive for small businesses to cope with.'

One day, just the one day rather than an annual holiday & you'd think people were storming the bastille again!  Rolleyes Rolleyes

The Nats are in favour however, which is interesting given Luxon's desire to end Labour day.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1298524...-the-queen

I'm pretty sure Piggy would have loved to restore National Airways.  Privatised of course . . . .

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(10-12-2023, 08:38 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(12-09-2022, 03:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Damn - title should read mark rather than make!

While this is being considered & Australia has decided to give their people the day off on the day pf the national memorial service, this is not a good idea in NZ according to ACT, because it 'will be too expensive for small businesses to cope with.'

One day, just the one day rather than an annual holiday & you'd think people were storming the bastille again!  Rolleyes Rolleyes

The Nats are in favour however, which is interesting given Luxon's desire to end Labour day.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1298524...-the-queen

I'm pretty sure Piggy would have loved to restore National Airways.  Privatised of course . . . .

Wink

I wouldn't be at all surprised had he done so. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)