Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uffindell welcomed back by National
(21-09-2022, 03:17 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 03:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Good grief! Blatantly using a blizzard of words to avoid answering. Dodgy
I think politicians go to a special school where they learn to poli-waffle. Rolleyes
I believe it is taught by Professor Jacinda Ardern.
It was common practice well before Jacinda's time. David Lange was a master of saying a lot without saying anything.

(21-09-2022, 03:18 PM)king1 Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 02:29 PM)harm_less Wrote: And Luxon's refusal to give a straight answer in this interview: https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018859579
he would of been better off not giving that interview
Considering Luxon's pitiful articulation and PR skills it's better to avoid him being interviewed period!
(21-09-2022, 06:21 PM)Praktica Wrote: You can bet that those that knew Uffindell at school, and university will be tracked down and interviewed, to see what more can be discovered. He'd better hope the bodies are buried deep.
yep, i'm quite sure this story ain't over...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(21-09-2022, 05:10 PM)king1 Wrote:
(21-09-2022, 05:03 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The interviewer was trying hard for him to say the accuser was a liar - he wasn't having any of it.
yep but sometimes the words don't need to be said for meaning to be conveyed.
I present exhibit A
https://twitter.com/rugbyintel/status/15...0353287168
I remember David Lange for this

(21-09-2022, 06:43 PM)king1 Wrote: I remember David Lange for this

So do I but on the domestic stage he was just as skilled liguistically at saying lots of words that had totally no actual content in their totality.
(21-09-2022, 06:21 PM)Praktica Wrote: You can bet that those that knew Uffindell at school, and university will be tracked down and interviewed, to see what more can be discovered. He'd better hope the bodies are buried deep.
You're probably right, reporters being as they are. But surely, the Nats will have checked that after these stories first hit the media - although, given that they clearly weren't aware of the incident from his Uni days, perhaps not.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
it only takes one of them to form the opinion that the National party review was less than fair or accurate, for someone speak up...

Unless...  those confidentiality agreements that Mr Luxon went to great pains to mention multiple times as the reason he couldn't go into detail, were actually payoffs reimbursement of costs, on condition of keeping quiet confidentiality, preventing them from telling the real story speaking publicly...

I think they're all as bad as one another, on both sides. They all need to look more closely at who they push into positions of power, and they should all be looking at the bullying issues. Some unpopular treatment of staff is just someone in charge telling the minions what they should be doing. Sometimes it goes too far. Putting people on a pedestal doesn't help, but nor does the current employment climate where young people have a misguided sense of entitlement and the law doesn't allow employers to deal with it effectively.
What they all should be doing is putting aside their pettiness & their political views & work together, at least until they - & we - have managed to clean up the godawful mess we've made of the planet.

But alas, they're all far too deeply rooted in their political allegiances to be capable of that.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)