Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site maintainance
Still looks small. I'm using Safari on a 24" iMac.
I am glad it wasn't just my eyes...
so specifically what bit is too small still? it all kind of looks normal to me after the tweaks
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(21-10-2022, 01:36 PM)Olive Wrote:
(21-10-2022, 12:27 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Anyway, regarding a "magnifying glass" this theme is the same font size as before, it might pay to check your page zoom settings in your web browser.
Only thing that has changed is page width, but you can change this by clicking on the symbol of the two pointy arrows just below "help" on the top right.
This will allow the page to extend to the whole width of your monitor.

The headings look much smaller in the new format.

That's odd, I can't tell any difference here.
Are you able to check your page zoom level? If you switch back to the old theme, do you see any difference?
(21-10-2022, 04:40 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I am glad it wasn't just my eyes...

Do you know how to take a screen shot by pressing print screen and sharing it here?
The low contrast in the new format makes it harder to read. The type does seem smaller as well, but that could be the font. I'm now using Safari on an iPad and have the same problem as on the iMac.

To be frank, I am not going to fiddle around with my settings, which otherwise suit me well (including intricate musical notation software), just to be able to read the new format. I'll stick to the default one.
(21-10-2022, 06:29 PM)Olive Wrote: The low contrast in the new format makes it harder to read.  The type does seem smaller as well, but that could be the font.  I'm now using Safari on an iPad and have the same problem as on the iMac.

To be frank, I am not going to fiddle around with my settings, which otherwise suit me well (including intricate musical notation software), just to be able to read the new format.  I'll stick to the default one.
That's fine and that's why we are giving everyone the option to choose what they like.
Have you played around with the colours on the goseries theme? You can pick the colours on the top right. It should be defaulting to green, but its still on black, we will address this.
Are you referring to the dark theme as the high contrast theme?

We just added it as an option because we have had requests for it. People like dark themes at night ad its easier on the eyes.
(21-10-2022, 06:36 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(21-10-2022, 06:29 PM)Olive Wrote: The low contrast in the new format makes it harder to read.  The type does seem smaller as well, but that could be the font.  I'm now using Safari on an iPad and have the same problem as on the iMac.

To be frank, I am not going to fiddle around with my settings, which otherwise suit me well (including intricate musical notation software), just to be able to read the new format.  I'll stick to the default one.
That's fine and that's why we are giving everyone the option to choose what they like.
Have you played around with the colours on the goseries theme? You can pick the colours on the top right. It should be defaulting to green, but its still on black, we will address this.
Are you referring to the dark theme as the high contrast theme?

We just added it as an option because we have had requests for it. People like dark themes at night ad its easier on the eyes.
 I've run out of interest Changing the colour changes the strapline,  not the cintrast.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Having options for those of us with an interest in the constructed digital space around us is great, just as having the ability to leave well alone works for those who like this place purely for the community that space holds.

Heart
woah, there has been a few changes! I dont know if I like the charcoal theme as much, but its good I can switch back to the old theme, some things look a bit tidier with the new theme, so im not going to complain.