Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farm emission plan announced, expect to pay more for your food...
(11-11-2022, 12:41 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Still stuck in the box, they have to think outside the box.  Everyday I drive past a dairy farm...a goat dairy farm.  Not controlled by Fontera, prices not dictated by the global market.  I expect they supply off season to Northern Hemisphere goats milk drinkers. There is sheep milk too for sheep farmers, and a big market for that too. Not all the world drinks cows milk.  But I would like to see wool make a comeback, I'm sure it's much more pollution friendly than synthetic fibres.

Sheep milk is an interesting idea and I saw something on the TV about it, we are too reliant on dairy and we need to diversify.
Sheep are great, and should be encouraged more. Its absolutely ridiculous they are wanting to sting farmers in the pocket for having sheep!
What about all the benefits from wool? Grow our wool industry and use it for insulation and other clothing products and get away from synthetic oil based products instead win-win!

Sheep are part of nature, they are not harming the climate, neither are the millions of wilderbeast in Africa.
(16-11-2022, 05:51 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 12:41 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Still stuck in the box, they have to think outside the box.  Everyday I drive past a dairy farm...a goat dairy farm.  Not controlled by Fontera, prices not dictated by the global market.  I expect they supply off season to Northern Hemisphere goats milk drinkers. There is sheep milk too for sheep farmers, and a big market for that too. Not all the world drinks cows milk.  But I would like to see wool make a comeback, I'm sure it's much more pollution friendly than synthetic fibres.

Sheep milk is an interesting idea and I saw something on the TV about it, we are too reliant on dairy and we need to diversify.
Sheep are great, and should be encouraged more. Its absolutely ridiculous they are wanting to sting farmers in the pocket for having sheep!
What about all the benefits from wool? Grow our wool industry and use it for insulation and other clothing products and get away from synthetic oil based products instead win-win!

Sheep are part of nature, they are not harming the climate, neither are the millions of wilderbeast in Africa.
The disincentive for sheep farming is coming from decline in international marketability of sheep meat and particularly wool. Farmers produce what their customers demand and recently mutton and wool is a difficult sell. The worldwide move away from synthetic fibres may reverse that in time but don't hold your breath on that one.

And what the fuck have sheep got to do with wilderbeasts?
(16-11-2022, 06:40 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(16-11-2022, 05:51 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Sheep milk is an interesting idea and I saw something on the TV about it, we are too reliant on dairy and we need to diversify.

The disincentive for sheep farming is coming from decline in international marketability of sheep meat and particularly wool. Farmers produce what their customers demand and recently mutton and wool is a difficult sell. The worldwide move away from synthetic fibres may reverse that in time but don't hold your breath on that one.

And what the fuck have sheep got to do with wilderbeasts?

Im comparing them to our cows and any other "ruminants" we have here