Poll: Was the PM justified in her comment?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes. Seymour is fully deserving
23.08%
3 23.08%
Maybe she should have been more aware of the hot mike.
15.38%
2 15.38%
As Seymour himself said he's been called far worse.
15.38%
2 15.38%
This isn't becoming of a PM
30.77%
4 30.77%
Jacinda shouldn't have held back.
15.38%
2 15.38%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrogant Prick
(16-12-2022, 01:44 PM)king1 Wrote:
(16-12-2022, 12:44 PM)nzoomed Wrote: I havent been following the story much, what exactly did he ask her? Something he said must have rattled her.

Either way, it looks like they have made amends, they have just listed a jointly signed transcript of the recording on trademe!
the original question was "Does she stand by all her Government’s statements and policies?". It was asked by multiple MPs across parties and the vagueness of the question tends to suggest a bit of entrapment  happening...  and then there was the supplementary questions

You can watch it unfold here
https://ondemand.parliament.nz/parliamen...mId=230725

I couldn't hear the comment on the video though...

He does rather seem to be intent on nitpicking about things which haven't necessarily been caused by this govt. His constant niggling would probably annoy a saint. Rolleyes

I couldn't hear her comment either - but perhaps given his behaviour he should be thankful it wasn't a damn sight worse.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
There is nothing wrong with young David, at least he is telling it like it is and doesn't have any secret agenda
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(16-12-2022, 03:10 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: There is nothing wrong with young David, at least he is telling it like it is and doesn't have any secret agenda

"Young David" certainly has an agenda, having said that he wants to 'trim benefits', something only a bloody fool or sadist would contemplate doing especially now when we may be in for an even tougher time.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
He can certainly "trim benefits" for the bludgers that dont deserve it but as for the main benefits of the ordinary person he will leave it alone, dont forget when they get in it will be a National/Act government and who knows maybe Winnie will even join in to make it all the merrier so I dont think he will be getting his own way.
(16-12-2022, 06:58 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: He can certainly "trim benefits" for the bludgers that dont deserve it but as for the main benefits of the ordinary person he will leave it alone, dont forget when they get in it will be a National/Act government and who knows maybe Winnie will even join in to make it all the merrier so I dont think he will be getting his own way.

The reality is that most of those on benefits are now struggling to cope, & frankly I'd prefer that we help some deemed 'undeserving', rather than miss helping those in genuine need.

if anything benefits should be increased to allow for the constantly rising prices of damn near everything. 

And imo, any bloody politician who has anything at all to do with setting benefit levels & deciding who gets one & who doesn't should be obliged to survive 6 months of each year on the lowest level of benefit, with no other funding allowed.
 That should keep them in touch with the reality for those on benefits - who after all, are also voters.  Rolleyes
(16-12-2022, 06:58 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: He can certainly "trim benefits" for the bludgers that dont deserve it but as for the main benefits of the ordinary person he will leave it alone, dont forget when they get in it will be a National/Act government and who knows maybe Winnie will even join in to make it all the merrier so I dont think he will be getting his own way.

and those bludgers will probably just turn to crime if you deprive them of the meagre support that the benefit provides...  How does manufacturing more criminals help our society?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(14-12-2022, 02:39 PM)king1 Wrote: just watched the questions, I think the PM handled herself fine, not sure what all the hoo-ha is about.

Seymour was certainly being an
interesting person.
I have no time at all for the red fairy princess or what she represents, but in fairness she turned that fiasco into a nice recovery on her part.
(17-12-2022, 11:57 AM)king1 Wrote:

and those bludgers will probably just turn to crime if you deprive them of the meagre support that the benefit provides...  How does manufacturing more criminals help our society?

You mean they haven't turned to crime already?
(17-12-2022, 11:57 AM)king1 Wrote:

Exactly - people complain (& rightly so) about crime, but don't want to look & address any causes of crime.
A bit like not wanting to get ill, but refusing the medication which would prevent it... Rolleyes Big Grin

(17-12-2022, 12:31 PM)WalOne Wrote:
(14-12-2022, 02:39 PM)king1 Wrote: just watched the questions, I think the PM handled herself fine, not sure what all the hoo-ha is about.

Seymour was certainly being an
interesting person.
I have no time at all for the red fairy princess or what she represents, but in fairness she turned that fiasco into a nice recovery on her part.

I think they both did well with that, using it to make money for charity was an excellent move.
A good fumble for the media - they turned a comment almost inaudible into a huge story, worldwide...and then have it turned into a charity auction. Oops, bugger, now we have to put a positive spin on it.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(17-12-2022, 04:19 PM)Zurdo Wrote: A good fumble for the media - they turned a comment almost inaudible into a huge story, worldwide...and then have it turned into a charity auction. Oops, bugger, now we have to put a positive spin on it.

I expect there were a few curses flying around when the reporters found out about it, too.
Serves them damn well right, too. Rolleyes

There’s absolutely Zero Chance a National/ACT Government would trim benefits for the bludgers. Attacking their own voter base isn’t sensible

Every party has their welfare recipients...ACT are no different.
Ironically it's unhealthy to have no unemployment or else you suffer labour shortages.
All parties recognize this, so there will always be people on the benefit.