Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TV Ads
(24-02-2023, 11:56 AM)Roscoe Wrote:
(23-02-2023, 06:15 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: Hell yes Tina from Turners, that one is crap, I had forgotten about that one.

So obviously the ad makers have done their job well by making you annoyed about that ad - you remember it well enough to make a rude comment about it. If you don't buy their product at least they are happy you are talking about their ad and it may persuade others to purchase their goods. 

There are three types of ads: the ones people like and the ones people hate - they are the best because they are remembered and are more likely to entice people to buy their products. The bad ads are the ones in between the perceived good and the bad which no one remembers and would not purchase their products.  

But I'm astonished that you find the time and make the effort to comment on the ads. I am not interested in the ads, I never watch them and I do not intend to get into a discussion about which ones are good or bad. The people that do talk about them have been sucked in by the advertisers so they have achieved their objective. You remember their product so you might even buy it.
Have you ever seen an ad thats rubbish and you simply can't forget it? I definitely have! Take, for example, "Tina from Turner's" ad. After watching that ad, there was no way I was ever going to do business with them. What advertisers don't seem to understand is that if they put off potential customers with a bad ad, it won't end well for them. People are likely to talk about their negative experience and spread the word, which can lead to a damaging reputation for the brand. So, if advertisers want to be successful, they need to make sure their ads don't put people off.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(24-02-2023, 02:55 PM)Oldfellah Wrote:
(24-02-2023, 11:56 AM)Roscoe Wrote: But I'm astonished that you find the time and make the effort to comment on the ads. I am not interested in the ads, I never watch them and I do not intend to get into a discussion about which ones are good or bad. The people that do talk about them have been sucked in by the advertisers so they have achieved their objective. You remember their product so you might even buy it.
 Ooops, looks like you have noticed them Roscoe  Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
There are some radio ads which are also irritating - in particular some for Radius care owned by someone called Brian Cree with the most inappropriate background music ever. Apparently all their staff are 'passionate' - including even their cleaners if they're to be believed - about 'caring for loved ones'.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Never listen to radio so cant comment on their ads.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(25-02-2023, 10:27 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: There are some radio ads which are also irritating - in particular some for Radius care owned by someone called Brian Cree with the most inappropriate background music ever. Apparently all their staff are 'passionate'  - including even their cleaners if they're to be believed - about 'caring for loved ones'.

That bloody J Swap Stockfeeds advert on The Sound makes me want to break some laws on their property...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
lol King1, Swaps are a local company and we see them all the time.  No need to advertise them here!

The funeral insurance ads grind my gears - especially that stupid one with the people in the green outfit.  The Westpac advert with the monster has a little girl, not boy in it and she is from Tauranga I think.  The other ads I hate with a vengeance are the UNICEF and the like.  I know most of any donated money goes to their top tier management.  And the ads asking you to remember them in your will.  I think that is a bloody cheek.  Thank goodness we stream most of our viewing or watch on demand.
Life is a one time offer, use it well