Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Press Reader users here?
Any  Press Reader users here?
I have been using Press reader for a few years and have noticed a change,  I could use it long time with out having to go to my local library to log into the hotspot.
But now it only seems to last for about 5 days before it needs topping up at a hotspot.
I have it on my Android phone but I find its better on a tablet (iPad) as you can zoom in for easier reading.  I used to be able to use it on a PC which was handy for back issuses to read when ever but now I can't seem to make that work and keeps asking for payment.
Which defeats the object of being free when it is no cheaper than trying to buy a magazine.
So is anyone up to date with the current press reader format?
by the looks of it, if you don't sign in, it is only supposed to work via a sponsored hotspot, which appear to be all the libraries.

have you have signed up for an account ? maybe you need to sign out of it to revert back to the free version.

But TBH it is not surprising if they get a bit naggy about free trials and subscribing - free accounts are usually just a marketing opportunity these days
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
If your local library provides Press Reader, then you only have to log in to your library account to access it from wherever you are. Does that help?