Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacinda Ardern's face on loo set - Rotary apology
(09-05-2023, 06:22 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 05:00 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Hmmm at times she could.  Other times she would blow it, like not knowing what GDP is or what the second Article of the Treaty is.  She would also often resort to her fallback "I reject the premise of that question. "  she also had a tendency to waffle inanly and when interviewers tried to get answers would often cut back that she hadn't finished.
I assume you're referring to this incident. Personally I'm not surprised if anybody lost their train of thought (as appeared happened) being interviewed by that tosspot Hosking.

So she stopped going on Hoskings show because he wiped the floor with her?  So get her a bit flustered and she falls apart?
(09-05-2023, 06:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: This is a group of privileged middle aged white males deliberately and gleefully disrespecting a female ex Prime Minister.

I do not understand how any adult with an ounce of self awareness can see this as anything other than deplorable behaviour.

Yes!   Exactly.   It would also be deplorable if the face stuck to the lavatory seat was male (e.g. Muldoon),  but given that it was female there is a whole extra layer of piling on.
I would be ashamed if there was a familiar face in that photo. I am very glad there isn't.
(09-05-2023, 06:42 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 06:22 PM)harm_less Wrote: I assume you're referring to this incident. Personally I'm not surprised if anybody lost their train of thought (as appeared happened) being interviewed by that tosspot Hosking.

So she stopped going on Hoskings show because he wiped the floor with her?  So get her a bit flustered and she falls apart?
If you see that as Hosking wiping the floor with her, and thereby her reason for blanking him, it says more about you than Jacinda.
(09-05-2023, 09:06 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 06:42 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: So she stopped going on Hoskings show because he wiped the floor with her?  So get her a bit flustered and she falls apart?
If you see that as Hosking wiping the floor with her, and thereby her reason for blanking him, it says more about you than Jacinda.

Clearly easily flustered then.  She blanked him for some reason - her excuse didn't really meet the sniff test .
(09-05-2023, 09:13 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 09:06 PM)harm_less Wrote: If you see that as Hosking wiping the floor with her, and thereby her reason for blanking him, it says more about you than Jacinda.

Clearly easily flustered then.  She blanked him for some reason - her excuse didn't really meet the sniff test .
Wasn't Hosking the one who had a hissy fit and turned down Aderns interview because she wouldn't commit to a weekly slot?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(09-05-2023, 09:29 PM)king1 Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 09:13 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Clearly easily flustered then.  She blanked him for some reason - her excuse didn't really meet the sniff test .
Wasn't Hosking the one who had a hissy fit and turned down Aderns interview because she wouldn't commit to a weekly slot?

No Ardern said she was too busy to do his show after a fairly contentious interview - he hit back and said she would never be offered to come back
(09-05-2023, 09:40 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 09:29 PM)king1 Wrote: Wasn't Hosking the one who had a hissy fit and turned down Aderns interview because she wouldn't commit to a weekly slot?

No Ardern said she was too busy to do his show after a fairly contentious interview - he hit back and said she would never be offered to come back

So not really a case of Adern 'blanking' him is it?  In fact it was kind of the opposite to what you suggested really...

(09-05-2023, 09:46 PM)king1 Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 09:40 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: No Ardern said she was too busy to do his show after a fairly contentious interview - he hit back and said she would never be offered to come back

So not really a case of Adern 'blanking' him is it?  In fact it was kind of the opposite to what you suggested really...

She refused to come on his show and announced that publicly.
(09-05-2023, 09:50 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 09:46 PM)king1 Wrote: So not really a case of Adern 'blanking' him is it?  In fact it was kind of the opposite to what you suggested really...

She refused to come on his show and announced that publicly.
She announced she would no longer being doing a regular weekly interview.  John Key did the same...  No big deal, move on...

At the heart of it is a c list media celebrity thinking he was so powerful he could bring world leaders to his beck and call. And he threw a hissy fit when he couldn't.

Ego. And really silly, because PMs can always pull the too busy card, and there's not a thing a media jock can do about it.
(10-05-2023, 11:03 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: At the heart of it is a c list media celebrity thinking he was so powerful he could bring world leaders to his beck and call. And he threw a hissy fit when he couldn't.

Ego. And really silly, because PMs can always pull the too busy card, and there's not a thing a media jock can do about it.

There've been various other incidents involving politicians & journalists; Rob Muldoon was especially good at it.

Muldoon took exception to 'Simon Walker changing the rules halfway through.'

https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/tonight...rview-1976

Others
https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv...television
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(10-05-2023, 11:03 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: At the heart of it is a c list media celebrity thinking he was so powerful he could bring world leaders to his beck and call. And he threw a hissy fit when he couldn't.

Hipkins clearly not as busy as Ardern.
Possibly. But then, he's a man...

(You did walk into that one!)
(10-05-2023, 02:36 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Possibly. But then, he's a man...

So clearly men can allocate their time better.
(10-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 02:36 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Possibly. But then, he's a man...

So clearly men can allocate their time better.

Mmmm, you keep telling yourself that... Rolleyes