Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon's 'negative, wet, windy' comment
(18-06-2023, 07:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(18-06-2023, 06:07 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: You're the one who drew attention to it and posted about it. Now the numbers don't work for you reject it?  Oh my.

Do you really not get that those in agreement will almost certainly be of the right wing variety or is it just convenient to ignore that?

2 3rds or respondents agreed.  I think you tried to draw attention now don't like that many agree.   So must be "Right wing".
(19-06-2023, 12:27 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(18-06-2023, 07:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Do you really not get that those in agreement will almost certainly be of the right wing variety or is it just convenient to ignore that?

2 3rds or respondents agreed.  I think you tried to draw attention now don't like that many agree.   So must be "Right wing".

So just prefer to ignore that they will almost certainly be right wing, then. Rolleyes Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-06-2023, 03:35 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 12:27 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: 2 3rds or respondents agreed.  I think you tried to draw attention now don't like that many agree.   So must be "Right wing".

So just prefer to ignore that they will almost certainly be right wing, then. Rolleyes Rolleyes

Can you prove that or just because the numbers went against you you are throwing it out there?  Too funny.
(19-06-2023, 05:09 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 03:35 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: So just prefer to ignore that they will almost certainly be right wing, then. Rolleyes Rolleyes

Can you prove that or just because the numbers went against you you are throwing it out there?  Too funny.
Seems quite apt for our own forum's 'Whinyguy' to have so much to say on the descriptor that Luxon has broadcast spawning the topic of Stuff's poll.
(19-06-2023, 06:29 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 05:09 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Can you prove that or just because the numbers went against you you are throwing it out there?  Too funny.
Seems quite apt for our own forum's 'Whinyguy' to have so much to say on the descriptor that Luxon has broadcast spawning the topic of Stuff's poll.

Says the whiner in chief.....
(19-06-2023, 05:09 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 03:35 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: So just prefer to ignore that they will almost certainly be right wing, then. Rolleyes Rolleyes

Its just fascinating that somehow, you actually think that some of those agreeing with the right wing views expressed by a right wing political leader are in fact somehow on the left politically. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-06-2023, 07:14 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 05:09 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Can you prove that or just because the numbers went against you you are throwing it out there?  Too funny.

Its just fascinating that somehow, you actually think that some of those agreeing with the right wing views expressed by a right wing political leader are in fact somehow on the left politically. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

So to confirm...no proof?
We have the right wing, then we have the left wing (or vice versa) and one or other will very briefly create or promote a flap? This activity becomes a bit feverish if an election approaches.
Can anybody explain how this ritual is meant to fly?

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
LOL R2x1
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(20-06-2023, 08:10 AM)R2x1 Wrote: We have the right wing, then we have the left wing (or vice versa) and one or other will very briefly create or promote a flap?  This activity becomes a bit feverish if an election approaches.
Can anybody explain how this ritual is meant to fly?

Wink

reminds of those old birdman competitions
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
That's quite a negative comment from someone who wants to lead this country.
(19-06-2023, 08:53 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 07:14 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its just fascinating that somehow, you actually think that some of those agreeing with the right wing views expressed by a right wing political leader are in fact somehow on the left politically. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

So to confirm...no proof?

The fact is that mostly people with right wing views will have agreed with those views; if you prefer to ignore that for reasons best known to yourself, then that would be up to you.
Confused Rolleyes Big Grin
(20-06-2023, 12:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(19-06-2023, 08:53 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: So to confirm...no proof?

The fact is that mostly people with right wing views will have agreed with those views; if you prefer to ignore that for reasons best known to yourself, then that would be up to you.
Confused Rolleyes Big Grin

So 2/3ds were right wing?  Doesn't bode well for the election then
Responders were able to put their X on a piece of paper plonked in front of them; they may not do quite as well if they have to find a polling place, select the correct day, uncap the pen, work out which way up the form has to be and pick the box to mark when the pollster hasn't got his finger pointing out where to make the mark, all without any chance of getting paid for her/his hard work. Of course, you could up the odds by pointing out they can slip the pen in their pocket after making the sign of approval and thereby make a small but measurable untaxed profit.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(20-06-2023, 09:44 AM)nzoomed Wrote: That's quite a negative comment from someone who wants to lead this country.

So far I haven't heard him make a single positive comment about anything.
(20-06-2023, 01:22 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(20-06-2023, 09:44 AM)nzoomed Wrote: That's quite a negative comment from someone who wants to lead this country.

So far I haven't heard him make a single positive comment about anything.

Jeez - he wants people to 'have more babies' - surely that's positive.  Rolleyes

If you ignore all the possible problems with it, & squint slightly. Big Grin Big Grin