Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$330,000 Judder bars according to Luxon..
Then there's the footpath to road entrance way, designed to be a smooth transition. Until the road gets resurfaced. Once, twice, three times - each time another couple of inches gets added to the roadway, but not the entrance.

Bump bump... Ouch Ouch.
(22-07-2023, 03:35 PM)girlgeorgina Wrote: the most ludacris thing ive seen was workers putting seal in pot holes, in the piss pouring rain, on a main road. the seal or whatever was washing out as quickly as they were shovelling it in. waste of time, and very dangerous too.

Good grief - its difficult to think that anyone can be so utterly daft!   Dodgy Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(22-07-2023, 12:57 PM)girlgeorgina Wrote: judder bars are annoying, but i would like to see them installed either side of pedestrian crossings, especially ones near schools. on the topic of crossings, why are so many placed on corners? here in np, you come around a corner of a normal intersection, and bam, theres a crossing. no pre-warning. luckily the one i pass over most is not often used.

The problem with judder bars in places near schools is that the risk is only for a short time each day, yet the judder bars are 24/7.  The 40km speed limit at specific times is a much better balance. And the best thing would be if schools stopped allowing on-street drop-off and pick up. That's the biggest safety issue.
There was something about this on the talkback the other day, discussing whether or not they damage your suspension and shorten the life of it and make your car unsafe in the process.
Some food for thought, im a bit upset about the ones we have had installed, yes they have gotten rid of the boy racers doing burnouts at night, but we have to pay the price.