Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another week , another disastrous poll for Labour
Why do you not want the Greens to get over 10% CT?
(03-08-2023, 11:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Why do you not want the Greens to get over 10% CT?

The less influence the nutty Greens and their followers have in parliament the better it is. Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitsimons must be spinning in their Graves at what the Greens have become.
CT? CT.? Are you okay? You've gone very blue all of a sudden...
(03-08-2023, 04:09 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: CT? CT.? Are you okay? You've gone very blue all of a sudden...

I believe this is a public forum and anyone can reply to any comment.  Or am I wrong?
it is kind of odd that you keep answering questions directed at C_T_Russell but yes you can post/reply to anything...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
And I can continue to point out how rude it is.
It would be really interesting if none of them got close to 10% - its not likely naturally but it would be interesting...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I don't think its entirely accurate these days to claim the Greens are 'nutty'; they seemed until very recently to be the only party with any motivation to clean up the planet & make it livable for future generations.

Perhaps the term 'nutty' should be reserved for those parties still claiming that 'getting tough' actually works while knowing perfectly well that it doesn't. And if by some very strange & unlikely chance, they're genuinely unaware of that then they're desperately out of touch, & perhaps shouldn't be in politics.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Hmmm, promising things like huge investment in roads in the middle of a climate crisis. Mind you, we can't talk. We have a mayor talking up plans to revitalise the waterfront, ignoring the fact most of it is reclaimed land and seriously threatened by sea level rise...

How did these damned fools get into power anyway? I didn't vote for them!
Bug 
If every candidate lost their deposit, it might awaken one or two (I'm an optimist) to the realisation that only the ultra gullible will vote FOR someone. All the rest sort of fall in to office on the basis that they are the lesser evil, or alternatively they are positioned on the ballot paper near the middle where "eyes shut random stabs" are most likely to fall.
One thing they are likely to agree on is a boost in Parliamentary Pensions and an encouraging boost for the members of the Higher Salaries Board, hoping for a bit of reciprocal back scratching.

Sleepy   Dodgy
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(04-08-2023, 05:37 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Hmmm, promising things like huge investment in roads in the middle of a climate crisis. Mind you, we can't talk. We have a mayor talking up plans to revitalise the waterfront, ignoring the fact most of it is reclained land and seriously threatened by sea level rise...

It was stunning, that even a politician could promise such a thing given the problems around  Europe, Canada & northern America this summer.

And I didn't either...bastards, the lot of them. Dodgy

(04-08-2023, 06:59 PM)R2x1 Wrote: If every candidate lost their deposit, it might awaken one or two (I'm an optimist) to the realisation that only the ultra gullible will vote FOR someone. All the rest sort of fall in to office on the basis that they are the lesser evil, or alternatively they are positioned on the ballot paper near the middle where "eyes shut random stabs" are most likely to fall.
One thing they are likely to agree on is a boost in Parliamentary Pensions and an encouraging boost for the members of the Higher Salaries Board, hoping for a bit of reciprocal back scratching.

Sleepy   Dodgy

What an excellent idea! Lose their deposits has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it. Big Grin
(04-08-2023, 07:14 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(04-08-2023, 05:37 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Hmmm, promising things like huge investment in roads in the middle of a climate crisis. Mind you, we can't talk. We have a mayor talking up plans to revitalise the waterfront, ignoring the fact most of it is reclained land and seriously threatened by sea level rise...

It was stunning, that even a politician could promise such a thing given the problems around  Europe, Canada & northern America this summer.

And I didn't either...bastards, the lot of them. Dodgy

What an excellent idea! Lose their deposits has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it. Big Grin
The influence of the fossil fuel industry and big business in general is strong for our elected politicians. They'll do whatever they can to maintain the eco-destructive status quo, and the ignorance of politicians and our media definitely doesn't help the situation.
Quote:  "Lose their deposits has such a nice ring to it, doesn't it."  Big Grin

One of those tunes that is eternally popular.  And deservedly so.   Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
He knew his onions . . .

Entropy is not what
it used to be.
For a second opinion . . .

Entropy is not what
it used to be.
[Image: 363799248_796267362500116_47809754341885...e=64D27595]
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(03-08-2023, 03:09 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 11:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Why do you not want the Greens to get over 10% CT?

The less influence the nutty Greens and their followers have in parliament the better it is. Rod Donald and Jeanette Fitsimons must be spinning in their Graves at what the Greens have become.
You answered that perfectly for me!
I agree that Jeanette Fitsimons would be appalled at the direction the party has gone.
It originally started with a bunch of hippies that meant well, to now a far left bunch of communists!

(04-08-2023, 05:37 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Hmmm, promising things like huge investment in roads in the middle of a climate crisis. Mind you, we can't talk. We have a mayor talking up plans to revitalise the waterfront, ignoring the fact most of it is reclaimed land and seriously threatened by sea level rise...

You mean like roads that eventually will be full of clean, green EVs?
This country needs roads and lots of them, unfortunately we live in a country where our government hates roads.
Many new roads that have gone in seem to have lack of foresight and only single lane each side, you only need to go over to Australia to see how to do a proper job.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(04-08-2023, 03:59 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I don't think its entirely accurate these days to claim the Greens are 'nutty'; they seemed until very recently to be the only party with any motivation to clean up the planet & make it livable for future generations.

Perhaps the term 'nutty' should be reserved for those parties still claiming that 'getting tough' actually works while knowing perfectly well that it doesn't. And if by some very strange & unlikely chance, they're genuinely unaware of that then they're desperately out of touch, & perhaps shouldn't be in politics.

Nutty is trying to say the Greens have anything to do with cleaning up the planet.  That may have been their goal when they were formed but I would suggest is only 10% of what they actually stand for now.  Let's face it when your climate change minister puts more carbon into the air in 5 years than most people do in  lifetime that is a lose.
Far left bunch of communists who believe in social equity and positive environmental action? So dangerous.

As for roads, if weight limits for heavy vehicles had been changed along with increased budgets for repairing the roads they destroyed we might not need drastic action. Or, we could just invest in better ways to transport ourselves and the stuff we need around this narrow elongated country.
(04-08-2023, 05:37 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Hmmm, promising things like huge investment in roads in the middle of a climate crisis. Mind you, we can't talk. We have a mayor talking up plans to revitalise the waterfront, ignoring the fact most of it is reclaimed land and seriously threatened by sea level rise...

Making roads  more efficient means less carbon in the air.  Making those road more resilient means less impact from large weather events.

Look at Transmission Gully, the Kapiti Expreessway and Otaki Peka Peka road.  This was a section of road constantly clogged every day twice a day.  Now thanks to those new roads traffic flows quickly an freely.

(04-08-2023, 01:44 PM)king1 Wrote: it is kind of odd that you keep answering questions directed at C_T_Russell but yes you can post/reply to anything...

I commented on one question.

(05-08-2023, 10:33 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Far left bunch of communists who believe in social equity and positive environmental action? So dangerous.

As for roads, if weight limits for heavy vehicles had been changed along with increased budgets for repairing the roads they destroyed we might not need drastic action. Or, we could just invest in better ways to transport ourselves and the stuff we need around this narrow elongated country.

Trouble is they stand for more social equity than environmental action now  Their  description as "watermellons" is perfect.