Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT rules out working with NZ First
Pity about him in charge though. Because the reality is the party exists only as a vehicle for that ego. Bit like ACT in that regard.
(05-08-2023, 09:36 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 04:54 PM)harm_less Wrote: Surely a certain upstanding and well experienced ex-airline CEO would keep them in line. The term clusterf*ck does seem apt, and a good portion of Godzone will be under Chinese ownership seems possible, so our infrastructure issues gain a whole new significance.

Never mind bilingual road signage. Maybe get used to some Mandarin characters joining the roading landscape?
Even more reason we need NZF.

What, to create havoc & mayhem? Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(03-08-2023, 04:54 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 03:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: What could possibly go wrong...? Rolleyes Big Grin

It would be entertaining though, if extremely annoying.
Surely a certain upstanding and well experienced ex-airline CEO would keep them in line. The term clusterf*ck does seem apt, and a good portion of Godzone will be under Chinese ownership seems possible, so our infrastructure issues gain a whole new significance.

Never mind bilingual road signage. Maybe get used to some Mandarin characters joining the roading landscape?

Vouting NZF will ensure no Chinese ownership of our assets.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Quote:"ACT rules out working with NZ First"

A moderately popular theory is that ACT wouldn't work in an Iron Lung.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(08-08-2023, 10:36 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(03-08-2023, 04:54 PM)harm_less Wrote: Surely a certain upstanding and well experienced ex-airline CEO would keep them in line. The term clusterf*ck does seem apt, and a good portion of Godzone will be under Chinese ownership seems possible, so our infrastructure issues gain a whole new significance.

Vouting NZF will ensure no Chinese ownership of our assets.

As could voting National.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/08/02/natio...for-roads/

And possibly, voting ACT.

https://croakingcassandra.files.wordpres...spring.pdf

t was a snapshot of the city’s past.
"David, and the party he leads, have chosen the ‘Chinese Herald’ as a target for political advertising this election; in my view, that paper is a mouthpiece for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). The ‘Chinese Herald’ carries articles from Chinese state-run publications like Xinhua and relays deceptive Communist propaganda which misrepresents the cause that these brave people stand for. 

Why would the ACT Party choose to place its advertising in a newspaper with links to a regime whose ideology and outlook is hostile to democracy and freedom?
 Many Chinese voters will be disappointed- for like me, they have followed David Seymour’s impressive performances in the mainstream media on issues that fundamentally matter to us. But now they know that the ACT Party is effectively endorsing the Chinese Communist Herald."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(09-08-2023, 11:47 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(08-08-2023, 10:36 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Vouting NZF will ensure no Chinese ownership of our assets.

As could voting National.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/08/02/natio...for-roads/

And possibly, voting ACT.

https://croakingcassandra.files.wordpres...spring.pdf

t was a snapshot of the city’s past.
"David, and the party he leads, have chosen the ‘Chinese Herald’ as a target for political advertising this election; in my view, that paper is a mouthpiece for the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). The ‘Chinese Herald’ carries articles from Chinese state-run publications like Xinhua and relays deceptive Communist propaganda which misrepresents the cause that these brave people stand for. 

Why would the ACT Party choose to place its advertising in a newspaper with links to a regime whose ideology and outlook is hostile to democracy and freedom?
 Many Chinese voters will be disappointed- for like me, they have followed David Seymour’s impressive performances in the mainstream media on issues that fundamentally matter to us. But now they know that the ACT Party is effectively endorsing the Chinese Communist Herald."

Well that makes me feel a bit better about ACT, but i like NZF immigration policy better.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.