Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greens' subsidies on solar
(21-08-2023, 10:42 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 10:30 PM)harm_less Wrote: Self sufficiency in renewable energy including financial assistance to the least well off all done as we face increasing environmental degradation and climatic disasters. It seems very well suited to present conditions.

The cost is nothing out of the ordinary for a policy of this significance. I just needed you to confirm your claims rather than taking them at face value.

So you knew the cost?

and you didn't ?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(21-08-2023, 10:42 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 10:30 PM)harm_less Wrote: Self sufficiency in renewable energy including financial assistance to the least well off all done as we face increasing environmental degradation and climatic disasters. It seems very well suited to present conditions.

The cost is nothing out of the ordinary for a policy of this significance. I just needed you to confirm your claims rather than taking them at face value.

So you knew the cost?
I'd probably read the numbers on this initiative but hadn't mentally filed them as they were as would be expected for the benefits gained. It was up to you to reference financial claims you had posted.

Considering the economic benefits to lower-income households together with it being an impetus for an additional 100+MW of distributed generating capacity for our national grid what would consider to be an appropriate spend for this amount of gain?
The government would be able to make quite a good saving if they did a purchase of the panels in bulk from China rather than relying on the costs quoted from various suppliers who add significant markup for profit?
There definitely needs to be some sort of incentive for solar panels in this country.
I think everybody wins even if your household didnt have solar if there is excess power on the grid.
The real question is what implications it would mean for the grid as discussed earlier, phase balancing, etc.
At this stage anything which is likely to help, however slightly, makes good sense.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)