Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT pledge 'racist & inhumane'
In my opinion the racism that continues to taint our society started with colonisation.  There has not been an equal social or economic platform since then and mechanisms such as cultural reports are just a tiny part of recent efforts to redress the balance.

ACT is sinking lower and lower as it increasingly appeals to the ignorant and the greedy.
Well, it is way cheaper than dealing with the root causes of poverty, crime, and the poor health, housing, and education statistics.
(15-08-2023, 03:30 PM)Olive Wrote: In my opinion the racism that continues to taint our society started with colonisation.  There has not been an equal social or economic platform since then and mechanisms such as cultural reports are just a tiny part of recent efforts to redress the balance.

ACT is sinking lower and lower as it increasingly appeals to the ignorant and the greedy.

Which particular colonisation are you referring to? There's been a few, gradually reducing in ferocity.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
It is a human habit, moving in on other people's territories. These days though we know the long term cost. Not that it stops us.

As for reduced ferocity, Ukraine?
(15-08-2023, 03:30 PM)Olive Wrote: In my opinion the racism that continues to taint our society started with colonisation.  There has not been an equal social or economic platform since then and mechanisms such as cultural reports are just a tiny part of recent efforts to redress the balance.

The fact that such tactics have gained them votes is disheartening - while I knew ACT were there to further the interests of those who are well off, I really hadn't thought they'd resort to appealing to racists, Dodgy

(15-08-2023, 04:41 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well, it is way cheaper than dealing with the root causes of poverty, crime, and the poor health, housing, and education statistics.

I expect that's gone into the Far Too Difficult basket. Thanks Neo Liberalism! Dodgy

Imagine how different our workd could be if every politician worked together for the benefit of everyone & got off their bums & worked to end poverty & all that flows from it.
Bastards, the lot of them.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)