Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACT candidate resigns
(28-08-2023, 09:20 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I got my webworm newsletter this morning, and read a not so surprising update on the culture at Bethleham School, where antigay sentiment remains strong despite ERO involvement. In the piece Farrier points out the number of conversion therapy supporters in the National Party, including Simeon Brown, Simon O'Connor, and candidate Greg Fleming who is associated with the Venn Foundation which actively works with conversion therapists.

I continue to be genuinely horrified by the extent to which this nastiness has permeated our community, and the fact few voices are calling it out.

How the devil can people be so very stupid as to hate gay people & want to change them - that really is disgraceful in the 21st century.

Where the hell are those eager beaver digging the dirt reporters when they're actually needed, & why are they not asking those MPs pointed questions about this?

And while they're at it, they can ask Christoppher Luxon if he believes in demons.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The bit that worries me most is that insidiousness. There are four that we know of, how many more? And what influence could they have on our existing hard fought legislative equities?
(28-08-2023, 12:06 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The bit that worries me most is that insidiousness. There are four that we know of, how many more? And what influence could they have on our existing hard fought legislative equities?

I think they might find that rather a lot of us would be strongly opposed, if they were foolish enough to attempt to change what we've managed to gain. I doubt they comprehend the depth of feeling that might erupt if they were to try & do away with gains made.
Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)