Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hipkins values free speech - until he doesnt
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/486...ot-helpful
(29-08-2023, 08:17 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Gods, I am surrounded by fools and idiots this morning.

I might as well turn over and go back to sleep.
No, you are not..... I'm here  Tongue Tongue
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
And for that, I am deeply grateful!
(29-08-2023, 08:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/486...ot-helpful

Completely agree with him on this too.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
I don't particularly like any group labeling another. I think it is better to let us label ourselves. That's freedom. That's respect. That's equity.

Choose for ourselves, not for others. We've earned it. Names, identity, gender preferences, pronouns, clothes, food, life...
(29-08-2023, 08:44 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/486...ot-helpful

"Just been hit by a motorcycle"......4 hours earlier....

And they do say that under pressure or stress people let who they really are slip through.  And boy did she.

(29-08-2023, 08:23 AM)king1 Wrote: i'm not seeing any hypocrisy here wainuiguy

He simply says he supports people that have an opposing position to Posie Parker. 

That is not the same as encouraging people to 'drown her out', as you would seem to be suggesting.

it's a non-event...

The Posey Parker situation was terrible.  People may not like what she has to say but to violently assult her and people there to hear what she has to say was disgraceful.
I must have a very different experience of violence to you. Assault sure, but violent? Violence was a woman being run down by a motorcyclist on that same day.
(29-08-2023, 12:59 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I must have a very different experience of violence to you.  Assault sure, but violent? Violence was a woman being run down by a motorcyclist on that same day.

So punching someone in the face twice not violent?  Pushing into people over and over not violent?
Dumping an unknown liquid on someone not violent?

Sorry but there were many instances of violence that day - and none of it was from Posey Parker or her supporters.
and those people are being dealt with in the courts I presume...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(29-08-2023, 12:59 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I must have a very different experience of violence to you.  Assault sure, but violent? Violence was a woman being run down by a motorcyclist on that same day.

BTW Davidson was hardly run over.  In the video of the incident it appears she stepped out into a crossing without ensuing oncming traffic was stopping.  Something I was taught to do at 5.
(29-08-2023, 10:21 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I don't particularly like any group labeling another. I think it is better to let us label ourselves. That's freedom. That's respect. That's equity.

Choose for ourselves, not for others. We've earned it.  Names, identity, gender preferences, pronouns, clothes, food, life...

Agreed. I do think that Posy Parker should have been allowed to speak though, preferably without interruption so that everyone can understand her rather simplistic views, because some  people with those views are often very keen to impose restrictions on others. And ironically, prevent the views of those people from being heard.

Much like those of a religious persuasion; they often want us all to share their views & also want us all to make life hell for anyone who's slightly different. Gay people,trans people or whoever they disagree with.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Just don't tell me I am cis anything. I know what my biology is, and I have enjoyed 99.9% of being that way.

Be yourself, be proud, enjoy it to the max and accept the consequences, that's my philosophy.

And Poser Parky is a self centred attention seeking stirrer. We don't need her sort here, we have plenty of our own...
(29-08-2023, 05:31 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Just don't tell me I am cis anything. I know what my biology is, and I have enjoyed 99.9% of being that way.

Be yourself, be proud, enjoy it to the max and accept the consequences, that's my philosophy.

And Poser Parky is a self centred attention seeking stirrer. We don't need her sort here, we have plenty of our own...

We have - & no shortage of deeply gullible people who are ready to believe any old thing it seems.

Still making my way through the book, Fear, & its difficult to comrehend what we daft humans can get ourselves to believe.
As I said to Madame Le Dog yesterday 'Humans are nuts; be glad you're a dog.'
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)