Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thanks for nothing Labour...Free dental bribe
Dental care is one thing that many other countries have got right, what labour has proposed is a good start, but I can't help but feel they have just taken the policy from the Greens.
(04-09-2023, 05:31 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Dental care is one thing that many other countries have got right, what labour has proposed is a good start, but I can't help but feel they have just taken the policy from the Greens.

I think all the sods nick ideas from each other - anything to get votes. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(04-09-2023, 12:59 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I came across an interesting little piece on 'privilege' today, that resonated with me. It said that privilege isn't about the bonus points we get, but rather the absence of obstacles. Some of us are blessed by good fortune and good management, recognising that others have barriers and penalties instead helps us understand just how lucky we are.

I found that too - & nicked it.

"Privilege isn't the prescence of perks & benefits. Its the absence of obstacles & barriers.That's a lot harder to notice.If you have hard time recognsing your privileges, focue on what you don;'t have to go through. Let that fuel your empathy & action."”
Marie Beecham
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(04-09-2023, 07:08 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(04-09-2023, 05:31 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Dental care is one thing that many other countries have got right, what labour has proposed is a good start, but I can't help but feel they have just taken the policy from the Greens.

I think all the sods nick ideas from each other - anything to get votes. Rolleyes Big Grin

They all sure do, happens every election.