Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting data on Labour spending
I think Garysixtyseven, who is an old PF1 member by the way, as am I, has quite a bit to do with farming and would probably need a rifle in the course of his caring for a farm and livestock.

At least one would presume that.  Shooting rabbits, vermin etc, culling sick or weak stock.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(30-11-2023, 10:05 AM)SueDonim Wrote:
(30-11-2023, 06:02 AM)Praktica Wrote: Why do you have a rifle?

Why do you have a camera?

Certainly not to kill things with.
I do have other cameras!
(30-11-2023, 10:05 AM)SueDonim Wrote:
(30-11-2023, 06:02 AM)Praktica Wrote: Why do you have a rifle?

Why do you have a camera?

Great comeback!

(30-11-2023, 11:43 AM)Kenj Wrote:
(30-11-2023, 10:05 AM)SueDonim Wrote: Why do you have a camera?

To take a photo of what you have just shot with your rifle? Big Grin Big Grin

Even better comeback!
(30-11-2023, 05:08 PM)Praktica Wrote:

Certainly not to kill things with.

So you are a vegetarian who also doesn't believe in the humane culling of pest animals. That's fair enough.

But by leaving out the the other reasons people have guns you have discounted the precision of target shooting that has parallels with photography, and the appreciation of the art and design of a complex instrument that has parallels with collecting cameras.

(30-11-2023, 11:43 AM)Kenj Wrote:

To take a photo of what you have just shot with your rifle? Big Grin Big Grin

We sometimes joke that I can shoot the same rabbit several times, but DH only gets one chance.
Its the amount of Debt the Labor govt racked up thats the scary thing.

Im not saying National is any better. 
They just wont spend & will let everything go to ruin, hospitals, police , fire depts etc .
Im sure alot of labors spend was trying to fix issues caused by the previous nat govt not spending where it was really needed (and all the covid payouts)

Add to that local Councils completely out of control debt.
Most mayors promise to control spending & limit rate rises , then cant or wont & just keep spend $$ they dont have.
Ak Council debt is so out of control they will NEVER be able to pay it off , yet they cant stop spending more than they have.
Every Ak ratepayer is liable for $17,000 each, to cover the council debt. Ratepayers are liable for council debt :-(
"Auckland Council has the highest net debt as a percentage of rates income at 525%"
Yep, lets built another Ak stadium and some more rail tunnels .