Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NZ First is putting New Zealanders First.
(30-09-2023, 02:06 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(30-09-2023, 12:25 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Well another term with the greens, labour and the maori party would be devastating.
That would depend on whether your perspective is dollar-centric or if your priorities are for social and environment metrics.

Things are going to get pretty ugly with a NAct/NZF coalition, and the realisation of what sort of government they are will be a shock for many middle NZers.
Of course it's about the dollars?
Do you want kiwis to be worse off?
Living costs are unaffordable for many all because of some BS climate policies that won't achieve anything.
You will see a breakdown in society that's for sure.
The left have done a great job at damaging things in the US.
Elon musk recently shared a video of a shoplifting spree and said its joint full joker, that's where we are heading if we don't take action.
https://www.google.co.nz/amp/s/fortune.c...e-aid/amp/
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(30-09-2023, 04:44 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(30-09-2023, 02:06 PM)harm_less Wrote: That would depend on whether your perspective is dollar-centric or if your priorities are for social and environment metrics.

Things are going to get pretty ugly with a NAct/NZF coalition, and the realisation of what sort of government they are will be a shock for many middle NZers.
Of course it's about the dollars?
Living costs are unaffordable for many all because of some BS climate policies that won't achieve anything.
Elon musk recently shared a video of a shoplifting spree and said its joint full joker, that's where we are heading if we don't take action.
So you see wealth as the ultimate goal then?
What good are those piles of cash when the world around you is becoming uninhabitable due to climatic factors driven by human activities? And why would you not even consider that doing nothing to remedy the situation is acceptable?

The problems besetting the US have been decades if not centuries in the making and the scab covering that ulcer was torn loose by Donald Trump, the most destructive president in that country's history. Taking the commentary of Elon Musk, an Autistic afflicted individual, is an interesting way of getting a perspective on the US's current woes without the blur of emotions but he does tell things like he sees them and is far from stupid.

Musk lacks the ability to relate to human perspectives so his opinions and recommended solutions tend towards a very academically polarised approach. Human nature is just not that clear cut. You've only got to witness the varying levels of acceptance to our own political spokespeople's utterings to realise that we are a very diverse species.
If we do not have the imagination and intelligence to recognise old systems need to be revisited, we probably deserve climate change.

Evolve or die...
This morning's Q&A program provided an interesting contrast in reaction to Jack Tame's interviewing of Winston Peters and James Shaw. I know which one I would put the most trust and reliance in.
(01-10-2023, 12:43 PM)harm_less Wrote: This morning's Q&A program provided an interesting contrast in reaction to Jack Tame's interviewing of Winston Peters and James Shaw. I know which one I would put the most trust and reliance in.

Huge difference between the two. As there should be...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It was really clear just how much of a bully Winston is by nature. No wonder no one really wants to work with him. He really showed himself up in that segment.

I was delighted to see Jack acknowledging the Greens big rise in support with that question about working with the Nats. It backs up my prediction the Greens will be close to 20 seats, if not more this time round. I hope I am not being too optimistic for them.
(01-10-2023, 01:49 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It was really clear just how much of a bully Winston is by nature. No wonder no one really wants to work with him. He really showed himself up in that segment.

I was delighted to see Jack acknowledging the Greens big rise in support with that question about working with the Nats. It backs up my prediction the Greens will be close to 20 seats, if not more this time round. I hope I am not being too optimistic for them.

So far, two grandkids have said they're voting Green this time, too. I'd rather the Greens didn't have to work with the Nats, so the more seats they get, the better.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Yes, talking to my kids yesterday, saying how much the far right is split into so many small parties, but the far left only has the one...more votes go to the Greens.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Among my older friends - same thing. Most have never voted Green before.
Here's hoping then that the polls are wrong & the right don't hold the balance of power after the election. They're the last thing needed here at present.
(01-10-2023, 02:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 01:49 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It was really clear just how much of a bully Winston is by nature. No wonder no one really wants to work with him. He really showed himself up in that segment.

So far, two grandkids have said they're voting Green this time, too. I'd rather the Greens didn't have to work with the Nats, so the more seats they get, the better.
From my observations the young have far better turned BS filters than older voters with lifelong allegiances to cloud their judgement, and the coming generations have so much more to win or lose if environmental issues aren't addressed.
(30-09-2023, 06:46 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(30-09-2023, 04:44 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Of course it's about the dollars?
So you see wealth as the ultimate goal then?
What good are those piles of cash when the world around you is becoming uninhabitable due to climatic factors driven by human activities? And why would you not even consider that doing nothing to remedy the situation is acceptable?

The problems besetting the US have been decades if not centuries in the making and the scab covering that ulcer was torn loose by Donald Trump, the most destructive president in that country's history. Taking the commentary of Elon Musk, an Autistic afflicted individual, is an interesting way of getting a perspective on the US's current woes without the blur of emotions but he does tell things like he sees them and is far from stupid.

Musk lacks the ability to relate to human perspectives so his opinions and recommended solutions tend towards a very academically polarised approach. Human nature is just not that clear cut. You've only got to witness the varying levels of acceptance to our own political spokespeople's utterings to realise that we are a very diverse species.
Who said it even has anything to do with wealth?
People are struggling to buy food, fuel and pay their mortgages and less money in their pockets to do so.
In fact, the policy with all this carbon trading bullshit is creating a new group of elite anyway at our expense - every time I go and buy fuel, I'm putting money in some rich guys pocket who owns pine trees.
Sounds fair doesn't it? Also is going to big billion dollar corporations such as the steel mill who don't need the money to begin with. No wonder black Rock want to get involved here, it's all about the money!
So this govt is still making rich get richer due to radical left wing policies.
That money should be used to mitigate the effects and used for disaster recovery, not making rich people richer at your expense at the pump.

LOL you think trump is to blame for all of this?
He was the one president who took a strong stand against the radical left, look at all the riots fueled by BLM? That had nothing to do with trump. It's gotten way worse since he has left.
Good news is he has a high chance of running for president again, even CNN is reporting in this.
As far as the damage the radical left are doing, border patrol themselves are letting millions in across the Mexico border, even going as far as cutting the barbed wire.
Think of how many criminals will be coming through.
Trump was building that wall for very good reason and he got slammed as racist.

Look what's happening as we are speaking.
https://x.com/stclairashley/status/17074...69917?s=20
That private property no entry sign, seems a bit odd for a US Border doesn't it?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(01-10-2023, 08:03 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(01-10-2023, 02:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: So far, two grandkids have said they're voting Green this time, too. I'd rather the Greens didn't have to work with the Nats, so the more seats they get, the better.
From my observations the young have far better turned BS filters than older voters with lifelong allegiances to cloud their judgement, and the coming generations have so much more to win or lose if environmental issues aren't addressed.

I hope you're right; they certainly will be those most affected if we don't fix the mess we've made.
(01-10-2023, 10:52 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(30-09-2023, 06:46 PM)harm_less Wrote: So you see wealth as the ultimate goal then?

Who said it even has anything to do with wealth?
People are struggling to buy food, fuel and pay their mortgages and less money in their pockets to do so.
In fact, the policy with all this carbon trading bullshit is creating a new group of elite anyway at our expense - every time I go and buy fuel, I'm putting money in some rich guys pocket who owns pine trees.
Sounds fair doesn't it? Also is going to big billion dollar corporations such as the steel mill who don't need the money to begin with. No wonder black Rock want to get involved here, it's all about the money!
So this govt is still making rich get richer due to radical left wing policies.
That money should be used to mitigate the effects and used for disaster recovery, not making rich people richer at your expense at the pump.

LOL you think trump is to blame for all of this?
He was the one president who took a strong stand against the radical left, look at all the riots fueled by BLM? That had nothing to do with trump. It's gotten way worse since he has left.
Good news is he has a high chance of running for president again, even CNN is reporting in this.
As far as the damage the radical left are doing, border patrol themselves are letting millions in across the Mexico border, even going as far as cutting the barbed wire.
Think of how many criminals will be coming through.
Trump was building that wall for very good reason and he got slammed as racist.

Look what's happening as we are speaking.
https://x.com/stclairashley/status/17074...69917?s=20
You're damning your own argument.

"Of course it's about the dollars?" has a lot to do with wealth.

"That money should be used to mitigate the effects and used for disaster recovery" Isn't that the reasoning behind planting trees?

If you're so upset about paying tax on fossil fuels get an EV and charge it from your own PV. If the investment involved in implementing that strategy doesn't suit your circumstances perhaps some proactivity would have helped a while back.

"LOL you think trump is to blame for all of this?" then you follow on by claiming how great his racist, devisive and inflammatory policies are.

Take off the social media bubble blinkers and see life how it really is in today's world.
(01-10-2023, 02:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: So far, two grandkids have said they're voting Green this time, too. I'd rather the Greens didn't have to work with the Nats, so the more seats they get, the better.
National will never work with the greens, they are far too much the polar opposite and many national supporters would be disappointed.

(01-10-2023, 03:53 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Yes, talking to my kids yesterday, saying how much the far right is split into so many small parties, but the far left only has the one...more votes go to the Greens.
Scary how much support the Greens are getting, I think in part it's the left voters who are pissed off with labour, but more younger voters will vote left anyway and will likely go green.
That's why they want to lower the voting age.
The Greens sadly are no longer about the environment but are turning into communists day by day.
[quote pid="48038" dateline="1696206176"]

"That money should be used to mitigate the effects and used for disaster recovery" Isn't that the reasoning behind planting trees?

If you're so upset about paying tax on fossil fuels get an EV and charge it from your own PV. If the investment involved in implementing that strategy doesn't suit your circumstances perhaps some proactivity would have helped a while back.

"LOL you think trump is to blame for all of this?" then you follow on by claiming how great his racist, devisive and inflammatory policies are. 
[/quote]

No I'm not, I would rather them not place emissions levies on our fuel in the first place, but since they have gotten all that money, they may as well put it to proper use instead of giving it to rich people.
All that money could fix up hawkes bay. (Which by the way was not caused by climate change)

If only it was so simple to get an EV, they are expensive and nothing much in the way of trucks and SUVs yet either. Ford is introducing a new plug in hybrid ranger and the tesla cybertruck is still in the pipeline.
Easy for people like you who actually have all the money to install a huge PV and own an EV or two to go and say to others to do the same.
Making petrol unaffordable is just going to cause society to collapse and rise the cost of living, the greens and labour are doing a great job of that.

As far as trump goes, nothing racist about securing the borders. Why did they stop the wall being built?
The US has a border crisis and millions crossing illegally into the US.
It's intentional because they want to cause the country to collapse, then they have the power to take over with the WEF agenda.
What the left are doing in that country is pure evil.
My neighbor moved here from the US, he said that country is fucked.
I have been a fan of the Greens since the party was formed. Still am. The reason their support has increased is because people are not stupid. They know something has to change in our political leadership, our social systems, and our infrastructure. The old same old just will not fit with a rapidly changing world. You think it is just the young? Nope. It is the older voters too, who have seen the changes, can see where past policies have led us, and know something has to change fast if their grandchildren and great grandchildren are to survive in the world anything like the one we were blessed with.

None of us want the world to collapse. Quite the opposite.

Edited to add - if this country is so bad, how come your American neighbour moved here? And why is he staying?
(06-10-2023, 10:26 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I have been a fan of the Greens since the party was formed. Still am. The reason their support has increased is  because people are not stupid. They know something has to change in our political leadership, our social systems, and our infrastructure. The old same old just will not fit with a rapidly changing world. You think it is just the young? Nope. It is the older voters too, who have seen the changes, can see where past policies have led us, and know something has to change fast if their grandchildren and great grandchildren are to survive in the world anything like the one we were blessed with.

None of us want the world to collapse. Quite the opposite.

I would have probably voted for them if they still were just about genetic engineering and more sensible policies, they are so extreme these days its nuts. They just want to destroy farming. You will be pushed to find any farmer who would vote for greens.

What changes? My parents have not seen any major changes with climate over the years, in fact they tell me they had tons of bad floods when they were kids.
Anyone who grew up in Auckland will be well aware of their history of flooding.
(06-10-2023, 09:38 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
National will never work with the greens, they are far too much the polar opposite and many national supporters would be disappointed.

(01-10-2023, 03:53 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Yes, talking to my kids yesterday, saying how much the far right is split into so many small parties, but the far left only has the one...more votes go to the Greens.
Scary how much support the Greens are getting, I think in part it's the left voters who are pissed off with labour, but more younger voters will vote left anyway and will likely go green.
That's why they want to lower the voting age.
The Greens sadly are no longer about the environment but are turning into communists day by day.
[quote pid="48038" dateline="1696206176"]

No I'm not, I would rather them not place emissions levies on our fuel in the first place, but since they have gotten all that money, they may as well put it to proper use instead of giving it to rich people.
All that money could fix up hawkes bay. (Which by the way was not caused by climate change)

If only it was so simple to get an EV, they are expensive and nothing much in the way of trucks and SUVs yet either. Ford is introducing a new plug in hybrid ranger and the tesla cybertruck is still in the pipeline.
Easy for people like you who actually have all the money to install a huge PV and own an EV or two to go and say to others to do the same.
Making petrol unaffordable is just going to cause society to collapse and rise the cost of living, the greens and labour are doing a great job of that.

As far as trump goes, nothing racist about securing the borders. Why did they stop the wall being built?
The US has a border crisis and millions crossing illegally into the US.
It's intentional because they want to cause the country to collapse, then they have the power to take over with the WEF agenda.
What the left are doing in that country is pure evil.
My neighbor moved here from the US, he said that country is fucked.
[/quote]

"Scary??!" Nope, not if we want our planet livable for our descendants. What IS scary is the way in which other parties (with the recent exception of Te Pati Maori)  are steadfastly ignoring the mess we've made & refusing to do much in the way of making an effort to clean up our mess.
Our descendants will have better technology to manage things anyway, namely nuclear fusion.
The climate change scam will have been fully debunked and hopefully humanity will not be under a dystopian regime.
Right now we are seeing mass murder on a scale never seen before with vaccines, viruses cooked up in a lab and chemicals in our environment such as PFOA, BPA and the list goes on, they are trying to kill humans off to save the planet.