Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candidate's home broken into, vandalised
(10-10-2023, 03:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 11:10 AM)king1 Wrote: BS? the national supporter entering the home of a rival party member without authorisation bit seems to be well documented...

Based on what he stated the woman's husband was there and he spoke with him.  Appears he walked up the path and knocked on an open door.  Hardly the"home invaison" they were trying to sell.  Then there is the "ram raid" which now appears to be someone removing a  placard from the candidates fence.

The Police have investigated and found no racist intent and no link between the events.  Yet TPM continue to spin their bullshit story.  ?

(10-10-2023, 11:04 AM)king1 Wrote: Umm it tells me National need to reign in their supporters - that is a special level of 'dedication' regardless of motivation, political, racial or otherwise

This individual recently spoke to Te Pāti Māori candidate Hana-Rāwhiti Maipi-Clarke at a local meet the candidates event to tell her how impressive she was. At the meeting, they spoke about where she lived as they were both locals.

"Upon seeing a poll result this week showing Maipi-Clarke closely behind the incumbent, this individual visited her home with the intention of congratulating her and wishing her all the best for her campaign. The individual was invited inside but she was not available so they returned home. Another person from the home then went to the party member's home and asked for their name and phone number so he could update them on Maipi-Clarke's campaign.

"This afternoon, this individual has been issued a trespass notice and is bemused and disappointed by the whole situation. The party member will not be making any comment and the party is providing the family with support."

Seems to me if he was invited in it can't have been there illegally.

So the purpose of the Trespass Notice issued by the police was to say thanks for visiting?  Oh please...

and on the subject of the Ram Raid - someone removing a  placard from the candidates fence would be stealing would it not? Good ol... theft?  Any opinion on that or shall we keep banging on about how (in)accurate the initial reporting of a serious crime to the police actually was...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(10-10-2023, 04:52 PM)king1 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 03:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Based on what he stated the woman's husband was there and he spoke with him.  Appears he walked up the path and knocked on an open door.  Hardly the"home invaison" they were trying to sell.  Then there is the "ram raid" which now appears to be someone removing a  placard from the candidates fence.

The Police have investigated and found no racist intent and no link between the events.  Yet TPM continue to spin their bullshit story.  ?

This individual recently spoke to Te Pāti Māori candidate Hana-Rāwhiti Maipi-Clarke at a local meet the candidates event to tell her how impressive she was. At the meeting, they spoke about where she lived as they were both locals.

"Upon seeing a poll result this week showing Maipi-Clarke closely behind the incumbent, this individual visited her home with the intention of congratulating her and wishing her all the best for her campaign. The individual was invited inside but she was not available so they returned home. Another person from the home then went to the party member's home and asked for their name and phone number so he could update them on Maipi-Clarke's campaign.

"This afternoon, this individual has been issued a trespass notice and is bemused and disappointed by the whole situation. The party member will not be making any comment and the party is providing the family with support."

So the purpose of the Trespass Notice issued by the police was to say thanks for visiting?  Oh please...
No Police issue trespass notices at the instruction of the property owner.  In this case they saw how good this publicity would be for their cause despite their bullshit story.
(10-10-2023, 05:03 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 04:52 PM)king1 Wrote: So the purpose of the Trespass Notice issued by the police was to say thanks for visiting?  Oh please...
No Police issue trespass notices at the instruction of the property owner.  In this case they saw how good this publicity would be for their cause despite their bullshit story.
A publicity stunt is your conclusion - I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from you...

(10-10-2023, 05:11 PM)king1 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 05:03 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: No Police issue trespass notices at the instruction of the property owner.  In this case they saw how good this publicity would be for their cause despite their bullshit story.
A publicity stunt is your conclusion - I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from you...

No a publicity stunt would indicate their involvement.  This is just a over reaction Tey have spun into a bullshit story
(10-10-2023, 05:47 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 05:11 PM)king1 Wrote: A publicity stunt is your conclusion - I guess I shouldn't have expected anything less from you...

No a publicity stunt would indicate their involvement.  This is just a over reaction Tey have spun into a bullshit story
let's not forget someone did enter someone's home illegally, and stole their property.  Not real classy behaviour from Nat supporters...   as much as you'd like to diminish it with puff and bluster, it is dodgy as fuck.

(10-10-2023, 03:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 11:10 AM)king1 Wrote: BS? the national supporter entering the home of a rival party member without authorisation bit seems to be well documented...

Based on what he stated the woman's husband was there and he spoke with him.  Appears he walked up the path and knocked on an open door.  Hardly the"home invaison" they were trying to sell.  Then there is the "ram raid" which now appears to be someone removing a  placard from the candidates fence.

(10-10-2023, 11:04 AM)king1 Wrote: Umm it tells me National need to reign in their supporters - that is a special level of 'dedication' regardless of motivation, political, racial or otherwise

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/499...-president

"Party president John Tamihere said the person involved in the latest incident was "an elderly Pākehā man" who was a well-known advocate and campaigner for the National Party, and the incident was politically motivated.
"Huntly's a small town, and what he wasn't aware of is that whānau were in residence when Hana on her schedule on her facebook page was out campaigning. When he entered the house and was confronted he advised 'oh I thought Hana was out on the campaign trail'," he told Morning Report.
"He then fled the scene and was followed to his house in Huntly, his house has National Party hoardings on it ... these are facts."
Police trespassed the man and could have laid a criminal charge of unlawful entry but had chosen not to, he said, so the party would be seeking further action."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(10-10-2023, 06:25 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 03:33 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Based on what he stated the woman's husband was there and he spoke with him.  Appears he walked up the path and knocked on an open door.  Hardly the"home invaison" they were trying to sell.  Then there is the "ram raid" which now appears to be someone removing a  placard from the candidates fence.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/499...-president

"Party president John Tamihere said the person involved in the latest incident was "an elderly Pākehā man" who was a well-known advocate and campaigner for the National Party, and the incident was politically motivated.
"Huntly's a small town, and what he wasn't aware of is that whānau were in residence when Hana on her schedule on her facebook page was out campaigning. When he entered the house and was confronted he advised 'oh I thought Hana was out on the campaign trail'," he told Morning Report.
"He then fled the scene and was followed to his house in Huntly, his house has National Party hoardings on it ... these are facts."
Police trespassed the man and could have laid a criminal charge of unlawful entry but had chosen not to, he said, so the party would be seeking further action."

Stop with the facts Lilith7... Smile

(10-10-2023, 06:11 PM)king1 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 05:47 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: No a publicity stunt would indicate their involvement.  This is just a over reaction Tey have spun into a bullshit story
let's not forget someone did enter someone's home illegally, and stole their property.  Not real classy behaviour from Nat supporters...   as much as you'd like to diminish it with puff and bluster, it is dodgy as fuck.

So now he stole something?  Nope. The theft was a separate incident and not linked.

(10-10-2023, 06:40 PM)king1 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 06:25 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/499...-president

Stop with the facts Lilith7... Smile
And that was pretty much written off by the police.  Clearly the evidence didn't point to what Tamahere was referring to.

But hey let's repost stuff again.   Wanna go for a 3rd repost Lilith?
(10-10-2023, 08:20 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 06:11 PM)king1 Wrote: let's not forget someone did enter someone's home illegally, and stole their property.  Not real classy behaviour from Nat supporters...   as much as you'd like to diminish it with puff and bluster, it is dodgy as fuck.

So now he stole something?  Nope. The theft was a separate incident and not linked.

(10-10-2023, 06:40 PM)king1 Wrote: Stop with the facts Lilith7... Smile
And that was pretty much written off by the police.  Clearly the evidence didn't point to what Tamahere was referring to.

Well perhaps you could clear this up - where exactly was that information pretty much written off by the police?

(10-10-2023, 08:56 PM)king1 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 08:20 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: So now he stole something?  Nope. The theft was a separate incident and not linked.

Well perhaps you could clear this up - where exactly was that information pretty much written off by the police?

Already posted previously
(10-10-2023, 06:11 PM)king1 Wrote: let's not forget someone did enter someone's home illegally, and stole their property.  Not real classy behaviour from Nat supporters...   as much as you'd like to diminish it with puff and bluster, it is dodgy as fuck.

almost sounds like she is being targeted by Nat supporters...

(10-10-2023, 08:57 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 08:56 PM)king1 Wrote: Well perhaps you could clear this up - where exactly was that information pretty much written off by the police?

Already posted it previously

ahh I was thinking of a police statement or news article link - your opinions about what you heard the suspect in the case says he did isn't particularly impartial, slightly biased even...

(10-10-2023, 09:09 PM)king1 Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 08:57 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Already posted it previously

ahh I was thinking of a police statement or news article link - your opinions about what you heard the suspect in the case says he did isn't particularly impartial, slightly biased even...

As I said it has already been posted.  And funnily enough I wasn't the one who posted it.
(10-10-2023, 09:31 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(10-10-2023, 09:09 PM)king1 Wrote: ahh I was thinking of a police statement or news article link - your opinions about what you heard the suspect in the case says he did isn't particularly impartial, slightly biased even...

As I said it has already been posted.  And funnily enough I wasn't the one who posted it.

post number then ? about the information being pretty much written off by the police?

The police located, interviewed and cautioned the person responsible for these unsolicited 'visits'. Doesn't look to me like 'written off'...
(11-10-2023, 03:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The police located, interviewed and cautioned the person responsible for these unsolicited 'visits'. Doesn't look to me like 'written off'...

Visit.  Singular.  The other instances were not linked to the man they cautioned.   If the evidence was there the police would have charged him so even the Police think the story is Bullshit.
(11-10-2023, 05:53 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(11-10-2023, 03:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The police located, interviewed and cautioned the person responsible for these unsolicited 'visits'. Doesn't look to me like 'written off'...

Visit.  Singular.  The other instances were not linked to the man they cautioned.   If the evidence was there the police would have charged him so even the Police think the story is Bullshit.
If Police thought it was bullshit they would not even be allowed to issue a caution...

assuming a caution is the same as a formal warning in NZ, the requirements are listed here

From here...
https://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/publ...al-chapter
<a href="https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/formal-warnings-130722.pdf" target="_blank">https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/formal-warnings-130722.pdf</a>

(10-10-2023, 06:40 PM)king1 Wrote: Stop with the facts Lilith7... Smile

So according to you a caution is the same as 'written off'... just fascinating. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Where does it say that the police issued a caution? I can't find anything to suggest that they did.

He was merely trespassed, however that is totally meaningless as no justification is required in order to trespass someone : https://www.police.govt.nz/advice-servic...ss-notices

It is a great way for Te Pati Maori to make it look like he did something he shouldn't have though, as it is natural to assume that no reasonable person would ever trespass another person without a valid reason. But if you're desperately trying to back up a BS story you've created for political gain, "being reasonable" ceases to be a priority I guess.