Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Israel v Palestine
Sounds like Israel are planning to bomb the heck out of Gaza from what I can tell, they have given Gaza a 24 hour notice for civilians to evacuate to the south.
Hopefully no civilian casualties result
They said they intend to level the place.
(14-10-2023, 12:46 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Sounds like Israel are planning to bomb the heck out of Gaza from what I can tell, they have given Gaza a 24 hour notice for civilians to evacuate to the south.

Israel knows well that simply isn't possilbe, not without an enormous amount of organaisation which they won't allow time for.

And if they allow wholesale slaughter in Gaza, how will the Israelis be any better than the nazis. Dodgy

The UN needs to step in, & quickly.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(14-10-2023, 02:04 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: They said they intend to level the place.
That's exactly what they intend to do.
Will be a massive humanitarian crisis.
(14-10-2023, 02:15 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(14-10-2023, 12:46 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Sounds like Israel are planning to bomb the heck out of Gaza from what I can tell, they have given Gaza a 24 hour notice for civilians to evacuate to the south.

Israel knows well that simply isn't possilbe, not without an enormous amount of organaisation which they won't allow time for.

And if they allow wholesale slaughter in Gaza, how will the Israelis be any better than the nazis. Dodgy

The UN needs to step in, & quickly.
Agreed, the UN are largely responsible for this mess to begin with.
Yeah, you'd think genocide would ring a bell somewhere.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(08-10-2023, 08:32 PM)dken31 Wrote:
(08-10-2023, 02:12 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I think the best chance for peace there would be for Israel to ditch its far right govt & let the peace groups on both sides try to achieve actual peace.

Hamas says it has enough Israeli prisoners to release all Palestinian prisoners.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/7...-prisoners

Hamas quite openly are not interested in peace, they explicitly spell that out in their manifesto. Their aim is to eradicate all Jews, not just from Israel but worldwide.  Until Hamas is removed from power in Gaza, there can be no peace and Israel cannot back down.

Thats just repeating a proven lie 
Please try harder
IF Israel goes into Gaza & kills every person there, including those trying to leave, then Israel can no longer claim the moral high ground. Given the actions of Netanyahu, that has been becoming progessively less & less likely - but even with the constant provocation by Hamas, the job of a good leader is to avoid as far as is possible being drawn into conflict.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Quite an informative video on the subject here. Seems it goes alot further back than the end of WW2.