Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick the winner...
Tongue 
I'm going out on a limb and calling it a Left victory by the skin of all their teeth.

What say you fellow citizens?
The election night seat count is usually shifted to the left by 2 or 3 seats after the specials are counted.
I do have other cameras!
The first person that I voted for was Mabel Howard. She was a hard case. But Arnie put cigarettes up in the Black Budget and Labour lost the electionn in 1960.
Left I hope.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(14-10-2023, 08:42 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I'm going out on a limb and calling it a Left victory by the skin of all their teeth.

What say you fellow citizens?

I've voted & rarked up all the grandkids to vote, so I hope so - {edited} https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php...1#pid48681.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The young and the old, it's those buggers in the middle we have to watch, lol...
Early votes are coming in and it looks like National is getting good support initially, might be change in the wind
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Giving me wind, that is for sure...
Much more support for National than I was expecting, smaller parties are pretty close to the recent polls we have had.
Won't drift much now. Labour are gone - huzzahhh!
(14-10-2023, 07:31 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Won't drift much now.  Labour are gone - huzzahhh!
If so just hope that National's vote is strong enough to keep Winston out of the picture.
Te pati Maori doing so well...
(14-10-2023, 07:48 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Te pati Maori doing so well...

Devastating Labour which is great to see.  Greens pretty much as usual actual result well below what they poll.
Gone pretty much to script. TPM going well. Greens gradual takeover of the city electorates continues.

Not sure what Winnie is going to do if he ends up in Parliament without any sort of power.
(14-10-2023, 07:55 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:

Devastating Labour which is great to see.  Greens pretty much as usual actual result well below what they poll.

Unusual too, seeing they usually achieve above poll predictions. Oh well, grin and bear it time, lol.  Shy
(14-10-2023, 07:31 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Won't drift much now.  Labour are gone - huzzahhh!
Good riddance to labour, and National into the early 40s is a positive sign.
(14-10-2023, 07:40 PM)harm_less Wrote:
If so just hope that National's vote is strong enough to keep Winston out of the picture.
I'm really hoping NZF can still form a part of this govt, but nevertheless, they are going to expose all the corruption we have had to deal with Labour.

Looks like they are stealing them all off labour.
Bit strange how the media are saying they felt let down by labour. I beg to differ, I would say most the maori votes shifted to the maori party as a result of most voters feeling that labour was going to loose and that they would have better influence representing the maori party.
I always thought that the maori voters were happy with their labour MPs.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
It isn't about that. It is a reflection of the growing strength in the Maori independence movement. It's about Mana, making the choice for Maori above traditional politics. Greens similar thing, not against the major left party, but towards a new way of doing things.

Not stealing, choosing a new way. Both major parties should take note.
(14-10-2023, 08:51 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It isn't about that. It is a reflection of the growing strength in the Maori independence movement. It's about Mana, making the choice for Maori above traditional politics. Greens similar thing, not against the major left party, but towards a new way of doing things.

Not stealing, choosing a new way. Both major parties should take note.

Maybe so, lots of maori elite in labor that are compromised. Seems they were saying tonight that maori felt let down by Willie Jackson for example.
Speaking of the maori seats, I don't understand what they are meaning by overhang if the maori party win more seats. How does it cause there to be more seats in parliament if the seat switches from labour to maori?
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(14-10-2023, 08:11 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Gone pretty much to script. TPM going well. Greens gradual takeover of the city electorates continues.

Not sure what Winnie is going to do if he ends up in Parliament without any sort of power.

Just make a nuisence of himself as per normal Rolleyes
Hmm, with the current overhang and the Nat % slowly ticking downwards, Winston could become quite impactful all of a sudden. There's a chance of a little disruption in parliament...

Nice to see Nicola Willis not winning Ohariu. High profile but yet to win an electorate, which shows just how unlikeable she really is.