Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special vote results
(10-11-2023, 05:14 PM)Praktica Wrote: The GG tomorrow will reappoint the caretaker government, renewing the ministerial warrants.

It is rather nice though, in that they can't actually do anything. So no muck ups & no nasty surprises. yet.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It's the businessmen running the country that's why we had the value of money decrease just before the election, causing the inflation we are now living with, to discredit the Labour government, they, the businessmen, are in cohorts with the banks of course.

The lack of forward planning for the country also shows that the businessmen and banks are running the country because the only motive they have is money (profits) in their bank accounts in the next quarter.

They don't give a flying f... about the long term prospects of the economy or climate change for that matter, short term profits are all they are interested in.

Note: most businessmen and bank managers will always vote National of course, always, if you don't know that you are living in a dream world.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(10-11-2023, 09:36 PM)zqwerty Wrote: It's the businessmen running the country that's why we had the value of money decrease just before the election, causing the inflation we are now living with, to discredit the Labour government, they, the businessmen, are in cohorts with the banks of course.

The lack of forward planning for the country also shows that the businessmen and banks are running the country because the only motive they have is money (profits) in their bank accounts in the next quarter.

They don't give a flying f... about the long term prospects of the economy or climate change for that matter, short term profits are all they are interested in.

Note: most businessmen and bank managers will always vote National of course, always, if you don't know that you are living in a dream world.

Yes, absolutely agree - & because they're money men, that profit is all they can see. Blinded to any suffering of their fellow humans by their greed. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Thanks Lilith7.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(10-11-2023, 09:44 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 08:52 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Luxon and co. will be setting up the economy to favor his already rich mates.

Except that his rich mates aren't the ones who call the shots when it comes to international trade deals and market access, both of which are at risk of being scuttled if a National led government goes ahead with its plans to overturn the offshore exploration ban and the Clean Car Discount, delay agricultural emissions pricing by up to five years, end subsidies to help the public and private sectors decarbonise, and drain the Climate Emergency Response Fund to pay for tax cuts. 

Making moves towards reversing climate change strategies won't be viewed favourably by the international community and our export led economy will likely take a hit accordingly.
I'm so looking forward to listening to the greens bitch and moan about the new government undoing everything they put in place and how we are not doing enough to make our weather better.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(11-11-2023, 07:44 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 09:44 AM)harm_less Wrote: Except that his rich mates aren't the ones who call the shots when it comes to international trade deals and market access, both of which are at risk of being scuttled if a National led government goes ahead with its plans to overturn the offshore exploration ban and the Clean Car Discount, delay agricultural emissions pricing by up to five years, end subsidies to help the public and private sectors decarbonise, and drain the Climate Emergency Response Fund to pay for tax cuts. 

Making moves towards reversing climate change strategies won't be viewed favourably by the international community and our export led economy will likely take a hit accordingly.
I'm so looking forward to listening to the greens bitch and moan about the new government undoing everything they put in place and how we are not doing enough to make our weather better.
I think he will be cautious about 'undoing' too much at all TBH... 

The recent announcement from Fonterra suggests to some extent, climate change mitigation is being driven by consumer demand - Luxon would be a fool to go against consumer sentiment, the businessman in him should see that.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(11-11-2023, 08:12 PM)king1 Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 07:44 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I'm so looking forward to listening to the greens bitch and moan about the new government undoing everything they put in place and how we are not doing enough to make our weather better.

The recent announcement from Fonterra suggests to some extent, climate change mitigation is being driven by consumer demand - Luxon would be a fool to go against consumer sentiment, the businessman in him should see that.

I think we know what he is...we're just waiting to see how big of one...
I do have other cameras!
(11-11-2023, 07:44 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 09:44 AM)harm_less Wrote: Except that his rich mates aren't the ones who call the shots when it comes to international trade deals and market access, both of which are at risk of being scuttled if a National led government goes ahead with its plans to overturn the offshore exploration ban and the Clean Car Discount, delay agricultural emissions pricing by up to five years, end subsidies to help the public and private sectors decarbonise, and drain the Climate Emergency Response Fund to pay for tax cuts. 

To each their own. I'm looking forward to Luxon coming to the realisation that his cat herding abilities are far short of what is required to form a "strong and stable government" and then having to resort to whatever his plan B is. In the meantime the non-involved political parties can just sit back and enjoy the show Big Grin
(14-11-2023, 11:29 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 07:44 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I'm so looking forward to listening to the greens bitch and moan about the new government undoing everything they put in place and how we are not doing enough to make our weather better.
To each their own. I'm looking forward to Luxon coming to the realisation that his cat herding abilities are far short of what is required to form a "strong and stable government" and then having to resort to whatever his plan B is. In the meantime the non-involved political parties can just sit back and enjoy the show Big Grin

Yeah...about that plan B - I'm not convinced he's got one... Rolleyes Big Grin
(11-11-2023, 08:12 PM)king1 Wrote:

Exactly, but that's only because the gullible public were brainwashed with this BS and actually believe it.
That's why we have so many flat earthers, people are dumb.

Look at this here, Nobel prize winner  John Clauser even disagrees with the narrative.
Unfortunately even if you are qualified and go against the narrative you get labelled a CT.
https://www.facebook.com/johnhenrywesten...131675423/
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(17-11-2023, 08:52 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(11-11-2023, 08:12 PM)king1 Wrote: I think he will be cautious about 'undoing' too much at all TBH... 

Look at this here, Nobel prize winner  John Clauser even disagrees with the narrative.
Unfortunately even if you are qualified and go against the narrative you get labelled a CT.
https://www.facebook.com/johnhenrywesten...131675423/

He has a  Nobel prize for physics...  using his credentials to reinforce denier beliefs just makes your argument  less compelling.  He's an authority in Physics, not climate, and clearly not immune to reading wacko theories online...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup